Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 12:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
Well I'm just saying......... lotsa rounds keeps'em duckin and throws off their aim.

But you are right about being in the wrong place..............

.............. here I am, back behing the dumpster whispering to myself as I reload..... "F%#$K ! I'm in the wrong place !"
Yeah, you should have been reloading while you were on the move and already shooting again by the time you'd found yourself behind cover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 01:13 PM

665 posts, read 1,728,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yeah, you should have been reloading while you were on the move and already shooting again by the time you'd found yourself behind cover.

OMG ! ! !

You were there ????

(everyone's an expert)

Last edited by laidbackhippie; 04-12-2011 at 01:25 PM..

Old 04-12-2011, 01:54 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
OMG ! ! !

You were there ????

(everyone's an expert)
obviously you missed the

Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Just the idea of crouching behind a dumpster trying to reload a revover with shaking, sweaty hands make me cringe. Revolvers are outdated antiques,
Quote:
yeah haha, ever carry a bunch of speedloaders in your pants pocket or a pouch on your belt.

PSSSST, LUMPY !
Quote:
They're great for cover fire while running away. Or even to intimidate a would-be robber. I just don't think they're practical in a gun fight.

If they were (practical) they would be issued to soldiers.
There are advantages to both revolvers and semi-automatics, in certain situations, you don't want to be firing multiple rounds rapidly for "cover fire". With a revolver in a magnum caliber like the .357, or .44 magnum, the right bullet weight and type, and with a well-placed shot, you'll only need one round to stop an attacker, whereas with a 9mm, you might need more.

Overall, when a thug sees you're armed, and it doesn't matter if it's a 9mm semi-auto, or a .44 magnum revolver, when they see an armed citizen who is ready to defend him or herself, they'll think twice before attacking.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:34 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
And doesn't Glock make a very compact 45 caliber pistol???
Yes, but it's not a good fit for me. I have nothing against Glocks; I own a Model 22C and a Model 27. The 22C is a belt pistol, suitable for open carry. The 27 is a nice fit. Without the Pearce extension, I can hold it very comfortably with my little finger curled under the butt. With the extension, I can't get a comfortable hold.

There's more than one good gun. People need to own and use more than one. And don't forget to stick a mini or two someplace.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:38 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Well I'm just saying......... lotsa rounds keeps'em duckin and throws off their aim.

But you are right about being in the wrong place..............

.............. here I am, back behing the dumpster whispering to myself as I reload..... "F%#$K ! I'm in the wrong place !"

YouTube - Raw Video: Homeowner Shoots at Fake FBI Agents

Never been in a gun fight.....but look at the video above...

In my own opinion....this is how most gun fight would go....people take off running...because they ASSUME your not armed...once they figure out you are...they are gone.....

My opinion, your assuming, that no matter what happens they are gonna kill ya.....

Old 04-12-2011, 02:41 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If you can run and shoot, and spend all your rounds...and still get behind cover, reload, I'm gonna say your in the wrong place...by accident or not...

I believe people on here have watched to many CSI (like) programs...

Old 04-12-2011, 03:50 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
Default First gun...what to choose?CCW question Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
That depends entirely on your defenition of "best", most don't consider it a viable option for CCW.
Your circle of friends there in New Hampshire might be small and some may not consider a 45 1911 style pistol a viable option, to each his own. Where I live most of the shooters I know, and I know many through out our whole state and down into California, are quite happy using a 1911 as a concealed carry weapon. So when you say most, you are mostly wrong.

Regarding the video and posts leading up to it: I think you are very foolish if you assume every person (robber, burglar, etc.) is going to run when and if they see you are armed. If you are going to confront a person who is robbing or attempting to rob you, you had better be willing to fight if they don't run. Recently I read a newspaper article where a cop chased one of a roving band of thugs down the street, the runner ducked in behind a hedge, as the cop approached he stood up and shot at the cop with a 45, hitting him several times. The cop shot back hitting the thug 7 times, the last hit being in the chest. Both people survived.

Last edited by Nite Ryder; 04-12-2011 at 04:05 PM..

Old 04-12-2011, 04:25 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
Default First gun...what to choose?CCW question Reply to Thread

Quote:
Just the idea of crouching behind a dumpster trying to reload a revover with shaking, sweaty hands make me cringe. Revolvers are outdated antiques,
Outdated antiques? Not if you are armed with a S&W 610 and have a few moonclips of loaded ammo. Using moonclips in a 610 is faster than using speedloaders, and in the right hands can be reloaded as fast as changing magazines in a semi auto.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:32 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,614,065 times
Anyone who considers a revolver an "outdated antique", or anyone who considers a revolver to be somehow less accurate than a semi-auto, is merely demonstrating their lack of knowledge about firearms. Mr. Munden might disagree...

YouTube - Bob Munden -- Impossible 200 Yard Shot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting