Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:15 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
It's not my place to give a minor any information when it comes to firearms. That is up to the child's parents and only his/her parents.
O.K., I'll give that one to you, EXCEPT, you still have not complained about the above post giving out information about firearms.

Quote:
In order to open a "gun shop" you will have to apply for a FFL through the local ATF office,
What type of FFL? There are numerous FFL...Please inform me of the type of FFL I need to sell guns.

Quote:
work through the steps with them and also in accordance you will have to meet all local and State regulations.
BUT you need an FFL (which one) before you can be in accordance with state regulations to sell guns....

Quote:
A class III is a license in addition to obtaining an FFL this gives an FFL holder the ability to sell NFA items. I am sure this will clear up the issue, if not perhaps an agent in your local office can clarify.
Again, what type of FFL do you need? Can I just get an Class 3 type, and be done or do I need anything else?

I have a C&R license, what does that allow me to do....I will tell you that I can buy and sell guns....and yes I have to obey all state and federal regulations....and subject to BATF.....but what type of guns?

So please enlighten me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 08:21 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,813,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qymaen View Post
Hi all. I'm 15 and I'll be moving to Georgia pretty soon. I'll be sixteen in September. I was wondering what age you have to be to get a weapons license. I am also wondering if there is a Federal age limit or if it varies by state and if you have to be a certain age to buy different types of weapons, preferably firearms. Any help will be appreciated.
http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/GASL.pdf (broken link)

Gun laws for Georgia. 18 to own and illegal for anyone to give a gun to someone under 18 unless in a class. No carry permit until 21. No class III guns ( automatic)

And you are way too young to have an FFL.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:28 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
I do not see the post you are referring too......so I can not comment.

For whatever reason you would like to play a name the FFL game. I don't play games nor do I have the need to prove myself to you. I know the classes of FFL's, requirements etc.... My suggestion is that if you are truly interested in knowing read or contact the ATF.

Try as you might, you won't succeed in running me off of this forum, don't like my posts...block me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K., I'll give that one to you, EXCEPT, you still have not complained about the above post giving out information about firearms.

What type of FFL? There are numerous FFL...Please inform me of the type of FFL I need to sell guns.

BUT you need an FFL (which one) before you can be in accordance with state regulations to sell guns....

Again, what type of FFL do you need? Can I just get an Class 3 type, and be done or do I need anything else?

I have a C&R license, what does that allow me to do....I will tell you that I can buy and sell guns....and yes I have to obey all state and federal regulations....and subject to BATF.....but what type of guns?

So please enlighten me....

Old 06-17-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
I do not see the post you are referring too......so I can not comment.
You cannot see post #5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
^^^ Mostly this.

However, the following is a link to the state NRA affilated organization in Georgia to share with your parents. Georgia Sport Shooting Association

The shooting sports are family centered. 4-H has some competative programs with which you and your parents can get involved.
Georgia 4-H S.A.F.E.

The NRA has a number of youth programs: NRA Youth Programs

You might also have your parents investigate scholastic clays as there are opportunities for college scholarships with that.
Scholastic Clay Target Program in Georgia | Georgia DNR - Wildlife Resources Division

As a minor you cannot legally posess a firearm without your parents' immediate supervision. Ownership is legally out of the question until you reach the age of majority.
Quote:
For whatever reason you would like to play a name the FFL game. I don't play games nor do I have the need to prove myself to you. I know the classes of FFL's, requirements etc.... My suggestion is that if you are truly interested in knowing read or contact the ATF.

Try as you might, you won't succeed in running me off of this forum, don't like my posts...block me.
Who's trying to run you off?

I have given you many websites that disagree with you....

But if your answer is "check with your local ATF agent", then I guess I have to make my own suggestion about your posts....because FACTS do not agree with you....

Old 06-17-2011, 07:54 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You cannot see post #5?

Who's trying to run you off?

I have given you many websites that disagree with you....

But if your answer is "check with your local ATF agent", then I guess I have to make my own suggestion about your posts....because FACTS do not agree with you....

No I can not see it. And your websites are wiki pages.... LOL. I recommend to you atf.gov.
There R not many different FFL's there are different classes amended to the FFL.

I could care less about your suggestion about my posts. I am confident in my
knowledge, been there done that. Like I said, don't like what I have to say use the block feature, it works well.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
No I can not see it. And your websites are wiki pages.... LOL. I recommend to you atf.gov.
There R not many different FFL's there are different classes amended to the FFL.

I could care less about your suggestion about my posts. I am confident in my
knowledge, been there done that. Like I said, don't like what I have to say use the block feature, it works well.
Still cannot see post #5? Well, that says a lot....and I was not talking about my posted link....I was talking about post #5....which you still have not commented on...but continue to complain about me....and how you will not give minors information about guns....but POST #5 is full of information and yet you still have said nothing...

You know, if I'm wrong...I like to know where and how, but since you keep telling me that I am wrong, and get with your local ATF or go on line...tells me you now nothing.....

Then I'm going to assume that your posts are useless...

Now, why would I put you on the ignore list....I need something to laugh at...

BTW, it works both way....the ignore button....

Old 06-17-2011, 07:02 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Exclamation Enough already!

The 15 year old was more mature than your back and forth bickering. Seriously, knock it off you two!
It is embarrassing that adults would behave like ya'll have in this thread.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:55 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
LOL

Classic.

I know you are but what am I....

YouTube - ‪I know you are but what am I - Pee Wee‬‏

Old 06-19-2011, 11:58 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
LOL, exactly.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:13 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,812,108 times
Quote:
Speak with your father and/or mother.....you are to young to be seeking that advice from strangers.
Isn't it amazing that this thread is even possible?
So many things could go so wrong so quickly here.
Oughta be deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting