Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,776,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Without Grandpa Biden's grand wisdom I do not know where I would be.

Just fire 2 blasts in the air and it will stop any home invader, bear or lunatic. Just 2 blasts, from my balcony also, I need one of those too.

Probably 20 years ago this could have qualified for an SNL skit, but this is what currently stands for great leadership in this country.

Doesn't anyone find it funny all these people telling us what we need or don't need are protected by professional security with big guns? "You don't need an AR-15!" Even though they have an army of similarly armed agents at their beck and call.
Everytime I see Biden speaking it's like an SNL skit. I'm thinking Dana Carvey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 10:12 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,936,277 times
Default Yeah but, then there's REALITY! Dang it, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Eh, that might be the smartest thing he's ever said. I think a shotgun would be an excellent choice for self defense -- maybe not a double-barrel, but some kind of shotgun. You needn't be a good shot with one (point and shoot), it'll certainly stop an intruder if he's hit, and if he's not he'll likely turn tail and run like hell.
Yes, WyoNewk, but if I might make a minor point as regards your thoughtful commentary, that's not the point that this Registered Buffoon is trying to make. He's saying, with great determination and his best efforts at a Clint Eastwood squinty-eyed stare, that:

√ 1) An AR is NOT useful as a home defense weapon, being, in fact, hard to aim and shoot properly;

√ 2) no-one ever would possibly need 30 rounds to protect themselves, and

√ 3) that all you need to do to chase off any "problem" [as he would so evasively label, for example, as happened recently in a suburb of Vancouver, Canada, with it's very restrictive gun laws, a gang of 3 Asian drug gang home invaders...Result: One homeowner sufferd a heart attack while being tied up, while the other, the wife, was of course, literally terrified beyond belief, and had to pursue psychological therapy later. "Adequate"? WTF!] is by firing a double blast of two 12ga rounds from "out on your balcony!". Hmmm..

Hmmm. Quite the credible talking points, huh? I'll argue it all however, pointing out that:

1) You would most certainly need, indeed WANT, 30 or more rounds where you don't have to reload to maintain a tactical edge over someone who has planned to take over your life by absolute terror! [we had some other screwball politician, the governor of New York I believe, say recently that 7 rounds was "adequate" for a woman to defend herself. Of course, we men need and can use more rounds than that!!!... what serial bufoonery!]

2) When gun laws are formulated by some inept [and in this case, obviously of lesser IQ, education and firearms technical experience...] yokel buffoon, sitting in an air-conditioned office in DC, immune to the real world,we are bound to get a flurry of new but utterly pointless, ineffective and off-point gun laws. Predictable? You betcha!

3) An effective means of changing this rabidly illiterate and stultified anti-gun culture & agenda, aside from voting the bums out [which ain't gonna happen given the PC, people-pleasing culture-winning miles of Barry, Joe and of course Nancy Pelosi...], is to make them in some way directly "feel" the downstream effects of their own stupid legislation: take away their suppressed Uzi or MP7-armed body guards...

Madman suppressed UZI - YouTube

....and/or limit those boys to a 2-round clip. OK, OK... we'll give 'em 7 rounds. After all, Joe isn't "worth" more than you, I or my wife or kids, is he? I mean... IS HE? WORTH MORE?

And after all, those 7 rounds should be adequate, right?

Fricking morons, all of them. Get out of our lives!

Last edited by rifleman; 02-21-2013 at 10:20 AM..

Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,900,360 times
I would tell Biden and his boss, if you want to get a shotgun to protect yourselves, go ahead, it's your choice, I'll stick to my .40 S&W, and my .45 ACP with the high-capacity magazines, or my .357 magnum, and of course my .44 magnum.

Seems like being in the highest office in the nation just makes Biden, and Obama, along with Feinstein in her Senate seat, just more idiotic.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 AM

651 posts, read 706,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I would tell Biden and his boss, if you want to get a shotgun to protect yourselves, go ahead, it's your choice, I'll stick to my .40 S&W, and my .45 ACP with the high-capacity magazines, or my .357 magnum, and of course my .44 magnum.

Seems like being in the highest office in the nation just makes Biden, and Obama, along with Feinstein in her Senate seat, just more idiotic.
Yaa right, but Jill has Secret Service with full autos guarding her door so a lame ass shot gun double barrel will work when its not going to be needed. Its not my choice to have SS guard me like they did Hitler.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,629,633 times
If you are stupid enough to take this idiot's advice, and take your double barrel 12 gauge and fire two shots into the air, and the bad guy sees you, he will know you are holding an unloaded gun.

I guess you could beat him with it. Or just wait there until you are arrested for being stupid enough to follow an idiot's suggestion about something he obviously knows nothing about.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:04 PM

24,598 posts, read 17,342,634 times
Unbelievable and what is worse is there are people that take his word as gospel. Alot of women and some guys can't shoot a shotgun because of the kick it has. How about the folks due to a handicap can't hold anything but a handgun?
In the state of Mass. it is against the law to discharge a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling.
Why can't we get a guy who knows the laws and knows guns to talk sense about gun control. It is the same thing with Obama and his health care ideas. Why don't we have doctors and insurance companies working it out?
Didn't Obama once say with a chuckle about another episode by his VP
"That's Joe being Joe" and that folks is OUR VP

Old 02-21-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Yaa right, but Jill has Secret Service with full autos guarding her door so a lame ass shot gun double barrel will work when its not going to be needed. Its not my choice to have SS guard me like they did Hitler.
That's why I still can't believe that Biden and Obama were re-elected, let alone elected in the first place. I wouldn't be too surprised if the IQ of only one of those secret service guys is higher than the combined IQ of Obama and Biden.

I saw a program on the History Channel not too long ago about what's involved and what it costs tax payers to have the Secret Service accompany the president, the vice president, and their families to something as simple as going to a dinner or church. It's not cheap; Joe and Jill also need to realize that a double-barrel shotgun is not the ideal defense weapon, especially if you have to walk around in tight quarters like an apartment or a typical average house. They're great for skeet competition and that's about it and I'm sure Biden knows that, or at least I think he does.

We could saw the long barrel of a pump action or a semi-auto shotgun, but then it'll be illegal, besides, why would anyone want to ruin a good shotgun by doing that.

I'll keep my Remington 870 the way it is.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:20 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,017,755 times
Well, OB probably got a lot of AR's sold, so Ole Joe not to be outgunned (no pun) said hey
lets all get a shotgun...well, in the city you probably would get a lot of cops showing up and
then you probably would get arrested for firing off in the city etc.

Doesn't OB ever kinda go over what he wants Ole Joe to say?

I mean like Hey Joe....lets chat and have a beer before you start yackin on the air...

However out where I live I do have a SBS 12 in truck with OO 3" and my 10/22, but where I live on the 200 acres+ there
are coyotes and other vermin so I can ab lib shoot/hunt..and no neighbors for 3 miles..

Happy trails,

hw

Old 02-21-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
I mean like Hey Joe....lets chat and have a beer before you start yackin on the air...
LOL.. To me it sounds like the self-proclaimed self-defense expert, Joe Biden, had already had a few beers before he started yackin' on the air and telling everybody to "get a shotgun".

Old 02-21-2013, 05:04 PM

602 posts, read 575,225 times
So fire two warning shots with a double-barrel shotgun? Then if they come at you I guess just throw it at them since you're out of ammo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting