Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 09:18 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
You got options to put the gun up so the kiddies cannot grab it while you are in the house with them. Do you honestly think you need it in the house?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Where are they pulling WWE moves on you? In your house? Why would you CCW in your house?
Uhh because 100% of home invasions happen at home.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:36 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
Quote:
Where are they pulling WWE moves on you? In your house? Why would you CCW in your house?
My brother's house and as the last poster stated because home invasions occur in homes. Besides we were out in the community walking around, a nice one too, but bad crimes happen to good people in good neighborhoods.

One of the reasons I am considering CCW is because, while I am in good shape and could run, those kids could not and either could my elderly Mom so in some instances, I would very much like CCW on me. For better lack of term, protect us down to the weakest link in chain, my Mom or my nieces I care for much.

I am not going to go into the details, but I have been the victim of violent crime in my home twice as a young adult. One of them, I could have really used a gun, I got lucky and it turned out ok.

Isn't that the point of having a CCW.........be prepared.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:41 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

Yep...so once again why conceal in your house?

Old 02-18-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
My brother's house and as the last poster stated because home invasions occur in homes. Besides we were out in the community walking around, a nice one too, but bad crimes happen to good people in good neighborhoods.

One of the reasons I am considering CCW is because, while I am in good shape and could run, those kids could not and either could my elderly Mom so in some instances, I would very much like CCW on me. For better lack of term, protect us down to the weakest link in chain, my Mom or my nieces I care for much.

I am not going to go into the details, but I have been the victim of violent crime in my home twice as a young adult. One of them, I could have really used a gun, I got lucky and it turned out ok.

Isn't that the point of having a CCW.........be prepared.
Man, you all are completely missing the point....

Why CCW when you are at home, on your own property? Open carry....HOLY CRAP people is it that hard to understand, or have it sitting out in view, easy to get to, have access too it quickly...

Last time I checked, you can open carry while on your property....

When the kidos are around, then put up the guns in a place where they are not accessiable to them, but to you.

Open Carry | OpenCarry.org

And remember the above is for carrying downtown or other than your property.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:00 AM

1,174 posts, read 2,513,609 times
My CC weapon coming out of the bedside safe is the last thing that happens when I leave in the morning and my CC weapon going into the bedside safe is the first thing that happens when I get home.

There are certain compromises that must be made when little kids are around. To me, the chances that I will need my weapon on my person while I am at home with my small kids does NOT balance the risk of a momentary lapse resulting in something really horrible and unthinkable.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:41 AM

947 posts, read 1,464,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You use a shotgun for a home invasion. Handgun concealed for going out and about if the law says you can carry it.

Shotguns less likely a kid will pick it up. Also more accurate then a handgun more stopping power and less likely the round will go into another house. Also way less chance to be mistaken for a toy then handgun. It's a lot harder to be picked up and fired killing a person like what happens when one or two or three year olds stumble upon handguns that are loaded and safety off.

So a shotgun for home defense makes a hell of a lot sense not only if you have kids but in general rules. You can still put it up on a shelf or a wall mount where the kids cannot grab it until they reach adolescence and hopefully you think they get sense.

Otherwise you think about getting a closet that can be locked or a safe for the shotgun.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:29 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
If I have pants on, I'm totin'.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
If I have pants on, I'm totin'.

Open carry or concealed?

Old 02-18-2014, 12:44 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:

Yep...so once again why conceal in your house?
First, there is how I carry. I live in an OC state, but I CC, and if I walk the dogs, go to the mailbox, it is concealed. If someone comes to the door, I don't know if they are legit or not.

Right now, I'm in my comfortable cloths (sweat pants) and my handgun is on a table in easy reach.

When the grandsons are here it is on my person, even though they both shoot my guns, and know and practice all gun safety rules.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:25 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
Open carry or concealed?

(assault with a dead weapon).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting