Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:01 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

O.K. obviously everyone has their own opinion....

If you want to conceal carry in your own house...great, do it....

I see no need to conceal carry in my own house, do to the fact I can open carry, in my own house....

Old 02-19-2014, 09:24 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

I said why, and yet you question it further. My carry weapon is part of me. I don't even feel it on me anymore. That comes from carrying all the time, not because I wish it so.
I'm like you on this. I don't want to remember to grab it as I leave. Same reason I carry my car keys and wallet with me all of the time. I don't want to have to switch from open to concealed. It's always a little past the 3 o'clock position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post

For some reason the spouse or some other relative hasn't seen fit to take a cooking spoon beat the living snot out of the CCW holder and knock some common sense into them? Wait, can't do that, might have a quick draw episode right there.

I'm sorry but sometimes gun owners are their own worst enemy.

Unbelievable this even came up. And we wonder why some people think gun owners are nuts. Not nuts but some sure are stupid.
Because my reasons for carrying when I do differ from yours, you call me stupid? You don't know me or my family. My wife would never take a spoon to me nor would I draw down on her. In fact, she has thanked me on numerous occasions for taking care of her. I carry even when when we snuggle up on the couch and watch TV.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:35 PM

23,542 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Sorry, but if the poster has to ask he shouldn't have a gun.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:28 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
But you do not CC in your house...
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, as when I posted my previous.
Quote:
Are you OC or CC?
CC 98 percent of the time I carry.
Quote:
So you agree with me, that you don't CCW while in your house.
No, I do not agree with you, earlier today I did CC in the house, now I'm in sweats and my carry gun is on the side table. But always accessible. The bedside gunsafe is also open for immediate access if necessary. It is locked only when we are not home.

Quote:
But are your grandsons doing WWE moves on you, while you are CCW, in your house?
They don't, they have been raised better, and they know that I carry, that their grandmother carries, and their mom carries.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:40 PM

947 posts, read 1,464,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I'm like you on this. I don't want to remember to grab it as I leave. Same reason I carry my car keys and wallet with me all of the time. I don't want to have to switch from open to concealed. It's always a little past the 3 o'clock position.

Because my reasons for carrying when I do differ from yours, you call me stupid? You don't know me or my family. My wife would never take a spoon to me nor would I draw down on her. In fact, she has thanked me on numerous occasions for taking care of her. I carry even when when we snuggle up on the couch and watch TV.
Do you sleep with your gun? Do you poop with your gun as well?

Old 02-19-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:

Well, sorry to hear that....it's good to train, but if you live in a place where you feel the need to carry 24/7....then maybe you need to rethink where you live....
You demonstrate a great deal of naivity and denial of todays reality. Home invasions happened in all neighborhoods, even gated communities. Better neighborhoods are targeted, as criminals know there are more valuable things to steal in nicer homes.

I really hope you don't believe you are immune from violent crime because you live area with a lower crime rate than others, as you are the type of victim that criminals are looking for.

24/7 for the same reason that fire departments are staffed 24/7, and law enforcement agencies have shifts for 24/7 coverage.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You demonstrate a great deal of naivity and denial of todays reality. Home invasions happened in all neighborhoods, even gated communities. Better neighborhoods are targeted, as criminals know there are more valuable things to steal in nicer homes.

I really hope you don't believe you are immune from violent crime because you live area with a lower crime rate than others, as you are the type of victim that criminals are looking for.

24/7 for the same reason that fire departments are staffed 24/7, and law enforcement agencies have shifts for 24/7 coverage.
Well, no, not really. I know the crime rate, I also know and pay attention to where crimes have been committed in and around my area. To say I am naive about today and what is going in today's reality is a baseless point because I don't feel the need to CC in my house.

I have never said I was immune, all I'm saying is that I don't need to CC in my house, BECAUSE I OPEN CARRY........ If you feel the need to CC in your house then good.

I've said this before in this thread....

Old 02-19-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
Another great comment from an anti gun person! Keep up the great work in showing your ability to have a conversation.....you are doing your side a great deal.....

Old 02-19-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
My HD gun is in an open gunsafe bolted to the bed frame.
If I am carrying, yep, it is still on my waistband, even if the waistband is around my ankles.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:06 PM

947 posts, read 1,464,170 times
Quote:
Another great comment from an anti gun person! Keep up the great work in showing your ability to have a conversation.....you are doing your side a great deal.....
Actually i have a carry permit and have a gun thank you very much. I have a riot shotgun to deal with people if they try to rob my house.

I do not have my gun in my pockets in my house because I don't need it on me. It only takes me a second to put my jacket with the gun in it or to put the gun in my pants pocket when I go out and about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting