Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women over 40 should cut their long hair
Real Long Hair looks great no matter how old you are 43 62.32%
Cut your hair short once you reach 40 26 37.68%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 02:47 PM

208 posts, read 416,328 times

Advertisements

martinez4, you got it right. There was no offense intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 03:44 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,068,242 times
Shoo! Stop trolling! Do you have rainbow troll hair too? If you'd rather pick a fight than talk reasonably about hair, please take such nonsense over to the politics board and go derail some other thread.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:46 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,375,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez4 View Post
Fiddle,

It is funny....I have long, gray hair and did not take offense at all at the post. Perhaps, it hit you differently and I am sure there was no offense intended. As far as kids reading this board.....my goodness, how do animals suckle...at their mothers' teat or tit They hear far worse on the playground and school buses....I don't know you or the poster but I took the remark in fun whether meant harshly or not.
Thanks for help keepin the peace, martinez4. Some people tend to lash out over the forums for no reason.. cheers for long hair, short hair, whatever hair you look good in. Let's just try to limit the throat slashing for heaven's sake when feelings get hurt. If you think it's a personal attack, you're probably taking it wrong.

With that said, you ladies have a great weekend, try to get off the computer and do something fun before it gets too cold!!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:55 PM

781 posts, read 3,817,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
Thanks for help keepin the peace, martinez4.

No problem......

Old 11-02-2007, 04:06 PM

265 posts, read 665,354 times
Be kind

You'll get to that age unless.....
I agree that only a few can pull off long hair after a certain age.
But..why do you care?

Old 11-02-2007, 06:20 PM

238 posts, read 1,144,752 times
Default Oprah had many hair makeovers on today

Oprah had haircutters cut the hair of almost 100 volunteers on today's show, all looked better with shorter hair.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:42 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,719,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I am in my 40's. I have long hair. I had short hair when I was younger & hated it. I will never voluntarily cut my hair short. I think short hair on any age woman is un-feminine.
I did give you points!

I love long hair!!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:37 PM

62 posts, read 299,794 times
There wasn't a choice for medium long hair just Really long hair which can look bad depending on the quality of the hair. I think I read that if your ponytail is thinner than a pencil width that you shouldn't have long hair since it looks stringy. My mom is in her 40's though she looks more like in her 30's and she has bra strap length hair. It looks nice and shiny so I think it makes her look youthful.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:41 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,047,026 times
For years I had really long hair. Sometimes down to my waist. I lost a lot of weight and with my skinny face, it didn't look so good anymore. So I cut it. What a relief. No more frozen hair in the winter and so easy to take care of. In the big scheme of things, I have lousy hair. It never looked wonderful but there was a lot I could do with it. I still have bad hair. It's just short bad hair!

I don't think there is any magic age where women have to cut their hair. Just depends on how it looks and how they feel about it. As long as it's well maintained and looks good, great. I do feel sorry for older women with skaggly hair who could look so much better after meeting up with a pair of scissors. After all, it's just hair. It's not your personality, sexuality, or identity!

Old 11-04-2007, 07:17 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,610,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldpolkadots View Post
In my opinion, long hair on women over 35 usually looks bad.
Also, I can't imagine having hot flashes and having to put up with soo much hair!
I agree that there may be a certain point where a woman's hair starts to look bad, but 35????? That's so young. I'm 36 and don't think my hair looks bad - does it guys????? ...... not yet at least. Maybe when I'm 45.

How old is Demi Moore??? 43 or something?? She looks great with long hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care