Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women over 40 should cut their long hair
Real Long Hair looks great no matter how old you are 43 62.32%
Cut your hair short once you reach 40 26 37.68%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:01 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times

Advertisements

Ok, I just repped GoldPolka, Fiddle and Dragon, so you all just got 6 points each, that should make up for the nasty negative reps!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 09:08 PM

618 posts, read 1,610,877 times
aw thanks mjb68
&& I just repped ya'll also
i'm a bit stressed
g'night.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:09 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Hey Kitten, maybe it's the poster with the ugly hair that did it

Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
I will be going to my 31st high school reunion with long hair. My favorite aunt has had nearly floor length hair all of her adult life. She is a highly regarded artist who makes woven gold wire jewelry. She usually keeps it in a bun and I think she looks beautiful. I think that a lot depends on the woman's body shape and personal sense of style. And I don't define myself by my age.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:06 PM

24 posts, read 88,010 times
Unless the woman is balding on top, really, there are some, any well groomed hairstyle is appropriate, regardless of age. Whatever makes her feel her best. If she is balding hopefully she can cover it more tastefully then a gentleman with a combover from one ear to the next or long hair on the sides and none on top. Gorgeous long hair isn't only for the young. I would much rather see a middle aged woman with lovely long hair and feeling good about herself. You are getting older. Not less beautiful.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:08 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
What makes a woman beautiful is a beautiful and loving personality, not what is on her head.

But, since this post is about hair, the reason a particular hairstyle looks flattering on a person is because it is the perfect style for that individual. Many will see a cute hairstyle and insist their stylist give them the same style . . . only to be very disappointed.

Guess it's just me, but I don't base a woman's beauty on hair.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:48 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,388,477 times
I guess the question is how long is long and how does the long hair look?!

I like long hair but couldn't live with hair down to my bottom. My hair is more than shoulder length and I like it that way but it's more inconvenient and more effort to keep it shiny and beautiful. That's why I always give up after having it a little bit longer for a year or so and then cut it to less than shoulder length. Then it can grow again.

I like going to the hairdresser way too much to be able to let it grow really long. I even have an appointment today. Let's see what we can do? Highlights or cutting or both???

I also think it's not a question of age but if you are the type to wear your hair long. I don't know many women with really long hair who are older than 35+. It's more modern here to have different hair colours, cuts and styles.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:57 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
My hair is waist length and almost black. It's a very dark brown with black lowlights, actually, and very thick. I am 43 but I look like I'm in my early to mid 30's, so it's never been an issue for me. I love my hair. I can do so much with it and my husband loves it. I actually think my hair helps me to stay young looking. My grandpa used to always tell me a woman's hair was her "crowning glory" (whatever that meant! LOL), so I gotta stay true to my grandpa because I know he's smiling down on me from Heaven.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:41 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,697,858 times
you really can't make a blanket statement. just like some women look fantastic wearing red lipstick for instance, and others don't. some look ridiculous, some look fabulous.

me? my age has nothing to do with it, i just can't wear my hair really long. it's fine and starts to weigh down after a certain length. i recently cut a whole boatload off (8 or 9 inches) and I know it looks better, and it's not because i'm someone who "shouldn't" wear it long. my perfect length is where it is now, at my shoulders.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:39 PM

97 posts, read 369,912 times
i think a generalisation like that is quite silly, different hair styles suit different people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care