Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 11:36 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times

Advertisements

My preference is for women to have some length to their hair. So instead of a very short hair cut, maybe something chin-length, for a woman who prefers short hair. I think hair that has a bit of movement to it looks younger and fresher. There are a few women who can look very feminine with a very short look, but I think these are in the minority, and even then, they will look even more feminine with a bit of length.

Of course ultimately it comes down to personal preference. Some women simply are not as concerned about how others perceive them and more power to them if that is the case. Others don't prioritize their physical appearance, and again, that is certainly their prerogative.

I am in my 40's and have long hair, but what I have found is that wearing my hair super-straight looked good on me 4-5 years ago, it now is not as flattering. I find having loose waves or curls with more volume looks better now. Luckily I have hair that can go either way, so I can do that if I want. I like to wear my up in various styles, so that is another reason I prefer to keep my hair long.

With short hair, I would need frequent hair cuts and daily styling since my hair is thick, so I feel that longer hair ultimately requires less maintenance than short would. So I doubt I will ever have hair that is shorter than shoulder length. I would always want to at least be able to pull it back into a ponytail when needed.

I have an older friend who is about 60yo. She had pretty short hair when I met her, but has since grown it out to the point it is almost shoulder length, and it does make her look younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 03:36 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Wow. I was thinking that before I looked the long hair would win out, but I do believe short did.

My hair is long and I like short cuts but I don't think I have the facial shape for them....

Old 02-07-2015, 05:50 PM

5 posts, read 4,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Wow. I was thinking that before I looked the long hair would win out, but I do believe short did.

My hair is long and I like short cuts but I don't think I have the facial shape for them....
//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...ved-heads.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I like shaved heads, but you have to have the right shaped head for it. It is just not for everyone.
I like women who wear a long hair and like a shave head for a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care