Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 10:48 AM

7 posts, read 172,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
Hmmm, so the purple is showing up where the dyed platinum is?

Color can't totally lift color, but it can remove a half-shade (in my experiences). I wonder if the platinum has a blue base that's being revealed when you try to use permanent color. Permanent color opens the cuticle and then adds color so maybe that has something to do with it?

What I do know is that with my blonde shade (natural or dyed) I don't use permanent color to darken. It just doesn't work properly. I use a good demi to deposit color. Yeah, it will eventually fade, so will permanent color.

Your roots are medium ash brown and the rest is dyed platinum and you're trying to lighten your roots and darken the rest of the hair? In that case, I'd use permanent on roots only to lighten and demi to deposit color on the rest of the hair (in varying shades of brown).
I did some research and I think now I know why purple tint keeps popping through. My hair seems to be very porous from midshaft to ends, and porous hair either doesn't take color well or grabs only cool tones from any dyes. So no matter how warm the dye is, my hair won't accept the warmth. So i have to make sure the professional knows my issue and uses a filler before any coloring. I checked out some forums for professional hairdressers and found a little bit of information on violet tones and even the professionals think its odd and get confused. You are right about demis! I don't know why i even went with permanent! At least i learned my lesson! thank you for the reply definitely demi permanent next time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 12:19 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,932,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann456 View Post
I did some research and I think now I know why purple tint keeps popping through. My hair seems to be very porous from midshaft to ends, and porous hair either doesn't take color well or grabs only cool tones from any dyes. So no matter how warm the dye is, my hair won't accept the warmth. So i have to make sure the professional knows my issue and uses a filler before any coloring. I checked out some forums for professional hairdressers and found a little bit of information on violet tones and even the professionals think its odd and get confused. You are right about demis! I don't know why i even went with permanent! At least i learned my lesson! thank you for the reply definitely demi permanent next time!
That is very interesting about the porous ends only accepting cool colors.

Good luck!

Old 04-20-2016, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,554 times
When filling platinum /bleached hair, you should use a filler no darker then a 7, preferably an 8. Doesn't matter how dark you want to go, you should only fill within 2 to 3 shades darker then your bleached hair (10) ..hope that helps hun.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:55 PM

7 posts, read 172,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistforlife View Post
When filling platinum /bleached hair, you should use a filler no darker then a 7, preferably an 8. Doesn't matter how dark you want to go, you should only fill within 2 to 3 shades darker then your bleached hair (10) ..hope that helps hun.
Thanks for the tip! It's been a couple months and my hair is totally fixed! I went to the hairstylist and warned her about my 'purple' issue. She was really surprised lol. But she fixed it by mixing ash/neutral and something else level 6. It turned out much better but i could still see a little bit of purple, not as bad as the first time though. A month later i showed up to refresh the color and she used 7 ash on me. And it turned out perfect!! I still don't know what was the issue, but i don't see any purple in my hair anymore! Thanks everyone for replies!!
Attached Thumbnails
My hair keeps turning purple everytime i dye it golden brown over blonde. Why??-image.jpeg  

Old 04-22-2016, 11:56 AM

50 posts, read 54,210 times
Porous platinum hair will pull purple. You HAVE to fill that area with a orangish reddish color, before the light brown will take true.

Green cancels red, yellow cancels purple, and blue cancels orange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care