Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2016, 07:08 AM

95 posts, read 101,654 times

Advertisements

Have you all seen the new ad on tv for using condioning 1st then using shampoo? I thought oh great now all brands will follow suit. I am thinking ok strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 04:41 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,939 times
yes! I wonder if it works. Its from Tresemme.I looked for some at the store near my house but I guess it must be too new. :/ I really want to try it though. I wonder if it works.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:03 PM

95 posts, read 101,654 times
when I washed my hair I used my conditioner first and the shampoo 2nd. don't feel or see any different. wouldn't buy the product since I have my own shampoo and conditioner. my hubby uses pert yuck for my hair.
again I said to my hubby who would go out and buy that product when all you would have to do is use your conditioner first then your shampoo. smh gave it a shot anyway. will go back to using my shampoo first then conditioner lol

ps I use the regular tresemme shampoo and conditioner, just did it backwards to see if there was any difference. not for my hair I didn't see any difference.

Last edited by sutton08865; 03-30-2016 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: to add a thought

Old 05-12-2016, 12:13 PM

466 posts, read 581,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton08865 View Post
when I washed my hair I used my conditioner first and the shampoo 2nd. don't feel or see any different. wouldn't buy the product since I have my own shampoo and conditioner. my hubby uses pert yuck for my hair. again I said to my hubby who would go out and buy that product when all you would have to do is use your conditioner first then your shampoo. smh gave it a shot anyway. will go back to using my shampoo first then conditioner lol

ps I use the regular tresemme shampoo and conditioner, just did it backwards to see if there was any difference. not for my hair I didn't see any difference.
Way back in 2014 my hairdresser suggested that I get Pro Naturals hair repair system because she said I needed a good brand to help restore my hair as it had been fried when I had to undergo radiotherapy for 15 weeks. Then she told me to use the conditioner first and I said why??? She told me to wet my hair and to apply the conditioner making sure that I smoothed it all over and then gently massaged my head making sure not to scratch my scalp. I was very skeptical. Must have squelched my hair for around 8 mins max then rinsed it. I then squeezed shampoo onto my palm and proceeded to shampoo my hair in the normal way - got to add that the shampoo is sulphate free so it does not lather much. Again I was told not to scratch my scalp. I rinsed my hair - really didn't think there was any difference until I had partially dried my hair. It was only when I was applying my argan oil as a leave in treatment that I noticed that my hair felt very smooth and the ends did not feel jagged as it used to. Proceeded to finish drying my hair and then used my Salon Series styling iron to curl under my bangs and the rest of my hair. When I was finished my husband asked me whether I'd been polishing my hair with the argan oil. I only co wash one day every 6 weeks. The main thing I noticed is that I need only wash my hair every 4 days now whereas before I needed to wash it every 3 days. The hair feels like my silk embroidery threads, hope it works for all of you in the same way.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:21 AM

348 posts, read 416,140 times
Seems a bit odd, but then...
Shoving chemicals on your head to "clean" and coat it also seems odd.
Most shampoos are formulated to strip everything from your hair. Conditioners are then designed to coat it with silicone-based products that leave your hair feeling smooth, but in reality the hair under it is damaged and dry.
Some people use an oil treatment before cleansing their hair. It's massaged into the scalp only and helps with blood circulation, relaxation, gently loosening up flakes and dirt. The Aveda hair salon I go to actually does a scalp massage with a scented oil before washing and cutting. It's hugely relaxing and feels so luxurious.
I've been doing a lot of research lately into DIY natural hair care and have found out that there are SO many alternatives to the chemical shampoos that I wouldn't be surprised at anything they put out there. Still trying to find my perfect happy hair place, but I will tell you this: I haven't washed my hair in a week and it is still clean and extremely soft...like a kitten. Or baby bun bun. ^_^

-T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care