Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:13 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
well shucks,thanks makes me feel al'right

as far as musician thingy these days in rock guys have either short or long it don't really matter.I look like a geek with short hair (nothing wrong with a geek just not the image I want to give for me) so I choose this way.I feel more confident with it,therefore my inner confidence transforms to others.

Being 41 years old though,gotta dye it these days,the grey scragglers are just taking over

I don't feel 40 though........well sometimes I do.meh
Thats cool man, us rockers gotta keep that long hair I'm 20, with hair down to my belt, which i keep up with. I'd look silly with short hair lol, while wearing leather pants, various metal t's(deicide, dying fetus, Burzum, etc etc ) I haven't cut my hair in many years (like 6 years or something lol, a long time ) and don't plan on it! I've been a metal musician for years now, have loved it for a long time, and love having long hair! Of course for those who don't keep up with it, that is a different story I also try to keep up with my highlights to keep it looking nice, letting it go too long starts looking tacky, with half blonde and half brown lol. Either way, rock on my friend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 05:30 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,189,780 times
It's not fair...guys with nice long hair can go ages without cutting it. If I go longer than 8 weeks without a trim, I look like a witch!

That's not saying I don't look like a witch beforehand.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:35 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali&ajsmom View Post
plus who wants a man with better hair than them. i really like my bad boy type they are hard on the outside and soft like a big teddy bear on the inside (kinda like my DH)
Now this made me laugh!
My husband had long hair for years and what really annoying is that it was gorgeous long hair - so healthy and wavy.
Two things were the reason he cut it....
He was developing a bald spot in the back and it would show, even when in a pony tail - in fact, I think it was all those years in a pony tail that caused the bald spot....
The other issue was his hair was prettier than mine!!!!
Anyway, we now cut it really short because it "masks" the bald spot .

Old 05-21-2008, 06:07 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
Thats cool man, us rockers gotta keep that long hair I'm 20, with hair down to my belt, which i keep up with. I'd look silly with short hair lol, while wearing leather pants, various metal t's(deicide, dying fetus, Burzum, etc etc ) I haven't cut my hair in many years (like 6 years or something lol, a long time ) and don't plan on it! I've been a metal musician for years now, have loved it for a long time, and love having long hair! Of course for those who don't keep up with it, that is a different story I also try to keep up with my highlights to keep it looking nice, letting it go too long starts looking tacky, with half blonde and half brown lol. Either way, rock on my friend
Ahhh dude, hair down to your belt and leather pants?? What decade is this??? I dont think Mr L.King had hair down to his belt or leather pants??? Do you leave your house>??

Old 05-21-2008, 06:22 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,430,664 times
My husband shaves his head and I love it! Bald men can be so sexy. I've dated a few. I've dated men with hair. I've never been too fond of men with long hair, but do admit some look better that way.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:28 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
My husband shaves his head and I love it! Bald men can be so sexy. I've dated a few. I've dated men with hair. I've never been too fond of men with long hair, but do admit some look better that way.
I always wondered what my husband would be like with a shaved head....but you really have to have the right shape of head. Not sure he does.....

Bald men can be really sexy, that's for sure....

Old 05-22-2008, 01:17 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Ahhh dude, hair down to your belt and leather pants?? What decade is this??? I dont think Mr L.King had hair down to his belt or leather pants??? Do you leave your house>??
Well the year is 2008, and of course i leave my house what a dumb thing to ask. Do you ever try not being rude to people? Just becuase most people don't dress like this is no reason not to do it. I dress how i like because that is how I am comfortable as everyone should. I was trying to be nice to someone and you came in and were rude. Instead of worrying about how people dress, you should be worrying about attitudes. I'll take someone anyday who dresses a little different than most people I see that is kind, as opposed to someone that looks like almost everyone I see and is rude for no reason. You should think about this(how old are you? If you are an adult this is not good). I really don't get some of the people on here and their need to just be rude for no reason. Sorry to the rest of you for the rant, but people really should be more considerate of others. Its attitudes like this that make people like/dislike people for what they look like on the outside, rather than the inside.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:38 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
You came on here about hair down to your waist and leather pants and I responded. its what we do here, Certainly are sensitive for someone who chooses to try to stand out. You dont dress 'different', just from another era. Just like I was making fun of mullets as were others. I see you are from Ark. Maybe things are different there. If you note, the discussions I was in on were about how people perceive guys with really long hair and think they sell weed or are homeless.It was not a serious discussion, we seemed to be all joking. I also told a guy he should be loved no matter what his hair style. Others took it in good humor just like any other post on this thread. Lighten up rocker, , its not a life/death subject. Now, have fun in your band and go comb your hair.

Last edited by nanannie; 05-22-2008 at 07:34 AM..

Old 05-22-2008, 07:25 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
Different views are always welcome, and a goal for the CD Forum.
HOWEVER, tone it down, a little less personal and harsh might do the trick.
We are watching this thread, closely.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:11 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,060,716 times
I hope I never go bald. I would have to shave it all off the moment it started getting thin. Since my head is HUGE and not particularily symmetrical, I'd pretty much horrify anyone who saw me on the street. Think No.2 pencil with a potato stuck on the tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care