Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:10 AM

1,477 posts, read 6,020,557 times

Advertisements

The only Budget Lodge I know of is in the 300 block of Atlantic Ave at the loop, little to no on site parking so that might be a problem.
Traffic noise will be very loud at that hotel and it is very hard to cross the street as traffic loops around both sides of the hotel so you have zero outdoor space.... The front door is maybe twenty feet from the roadway.... Look up the address on some type of google earth page to see what I am talking about.....
Also I'm not sure so maybe someone else will chime in but at one time that section of the beach was only open for surfers.... That may change on a holiday weekend I dont know. Being at the loop or the end of Atlantic Ave you will have to walk 8-12 blocks or more to get to the majority of the shops or restaurants
Here are some reviews....
Budget Lodge at the Beach Hotel (Virginia Beach, VA): Hotel Reviews, Deals, and Photos - TripAdvisor

The Sunshine Inn is on Pacific Ave not Atlantic Ave so it is one block off the beach, I know nothing about it but here are the reviews

Sunshine Inn & Suites (Virginia Beach, VA) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Last edited by rtandc; 05-25-2012 at 11:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area