Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 10:44 AM

121 posts, read 462,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Cities Southsider View Post
I don't care about who is "*******" or "reptard" or "retard" or none of that other bologna. This man had a trial and should be in jail...everyone else would've been in jail. And he should've been given more time on the charges he got. Our nation would be better if spoiled azz good ol boys stop hiding and doing favors for each other while reemin the public...yeah, the "reptards" and the "*******s" wtf.

I don't remember Bush jr being a Democrat...and he sure ran this country in the ground...so I really don't get your whole party favorites argument...especially when Im talkin about a specific item (light rail extension) and why its not going into Portsmouth (McDonnells deal with ERC)
Bang up job Bob McDonnell did with the toll situation though. Kudos to the geniuses that had us paying $20 million a month ($300 million) for a cancelled project (expansion Rt. 460) that not one shovel of dirt has been lifted for. I don't care about who youre affiliated with so please don't argue with me about that nonsense. You asked about the train and I told you. Man was found guilty and has been walking around free before and after appeal. You can talk your American azz off, he should be in jail.
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to 757Cities Southsider again".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 10:53 AM

121 posts, read 462,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
And every single ******* nationwide who thinks he should be in jail should be in jail themselves for life without trial. Our nation would be better off if there was only one party, the Republican Party. The Democratic Party is the cause of 100% of our nation's problems.
Hampton Roads is one of the most conservative areas in the nation (military), and yet you'd be hard pressed to find anyone with anything nice to say about McToll. And when you can unite the people in this area, you know you done f'ed up.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:38 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,978,261 times
I always wondered what if they had built a light rail track down I 64 from Williamsburg to Norfolk and then to VA Beach. I would use it all the time but wonder how many others share my opinion ? I remember they tried a bus from Williamsburg to the oceanfront back around 2007 but no one rode it. I love visiting VB but getting caught in the backups is so frustrating.

I remember waaay back when I grew up in VB they had tolls on the HRBT and the expressway (264) . Not sure why they stopped tolling. But we would probably have the money to fund things had they kept it in place..

Old 05-20-2015, 05:33 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,341,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Williamsburg View Post
I remember waaay back when I grew up in VB they had tolls on the HRBT and the expressway (264) . Not sure why they stopped tolling. But we would probably have the money to fund things had they kept it in place..
The reason why tolls were removed from those facilities was because the bonds used to build them were paid off.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:44 PM

184 posts, read 245,167 times
And even after the bonds were paid off for 44, we still had the toll for awhile!!

Old 05-21-2015, 04:33 AM

998 posts, read 1,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Williamsburg View Post
I always wondered what if they had built a light rail track down I 64 from Williamsburg to Norfolk and then to VA Beach. I would use it all the time but wonder how many others share my opinion ? I remember they tried a bus from Williamsburg to the oceanfront back around 2007 but no one rode it. I love visiting VB but getting caught in the backups is so frustrating.

I think about how convenient it would be to have light rail from the Peninsula to the Oceanfront quite a bit as well. I would ride it as much as possible, love going to the ocean beaches but the traffic is just stunningly bad.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:35 AM

998 posts, read 1,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UHgrad View Post
Your implication was that this poster is somehow contributing to the lack of progress in the area despite not even living here. It makes no sense because... nevermind, my explanation is probably too logically consistent for you to care...

How about I just blame you for the crime in Newark, didn't you live in Jersey at some point? That is just as relevant as your comment about Pink Jazz and HR residents. Hell, I don't think you even live here anymore... any lack of progress must be your fault. LOL
OMG, Coconut used to live in Jersey and bashes HR!? i never ceased to be amazed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area