Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:20 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,124,205 times

Advertisements

We talked about townhouses but I don't think it would work with our trampoline and our camper. If at all possible, we would like to park it on the property.
Thanks Mr. Williamsburg. I have been looking at Queenslake myself...thinking it might work. Will check into it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 11:52 AM

202 posts, read 704,441 times
My point was to check out craigslist.com, not to look just at townhouses or New Town. We looked into renting a house also and found a few on craigslist. It is good to have a few options.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:35 PM

Thanks Aib, we thought we found one but he was supposedly a missionary in Africa who wanted us to wire him the money then he was UPS us the keys. Sounds scammy! The other one we liked had a similar deal where we were to wire him money and a friend would get us the keys. Getting tired of craigs real fast which is sad cuz I love craigs.
We will find something...somewhere.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:58 AM

202 posts, read 704,441 times
Will you get a chance to be here in Williamsburg before you sign a lease? Places look different in pictures. We didn't sign our lease until we were able to walk through the places we were considering. Suddenly the choice became obvious for us (we really liked one place, not so much the other). Things go much better when you can see for yourself and meet the owners/property manager yourself etc. Definitely stay away from people who want you to wire money!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:16 AM

No, we won't be there early. However we do have our camper and 2 weeks in the bank for our timeshare. So, we plan on staying in our timeshare for 2 weeks and if need be, and then possibly hang out in our camper in a campground for longer if need be. I agree with you, places look very different in pics than in person. Hence why I don't want to reserve a place before we get there. Thank you so much for your input.
Lynette

Old 06-19-2009, 01:49 PM

175 posts, read 671,534 times
Wiring money to a Missionary in Africa is definitely a scam! NYT did an article about those scams a year or two ago... beware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area