Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 01:52 AM

62 posts, read 206,508 times

Advertisements

Sounds like akonapet is the way to go. I'm going to check with my vet here and see if they are aware of the transfer to hawaii issues so I can get started and make sure I'm fully up to date on everything for a possible transfer.

I have enough on my mind just considering moving myself and some stuff (vehicle, essentials, business) let alone my dog. Timing everything will be interesting so any help on pet transfer will go a long way.

Seems like any small mistake could be VERY costly with a move like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 10:41 AM

16 posts, read 26,616 times
Default Akonapet not responding

I had read this thread and decided to call "Akonapet" to ck out their services which had only good reviews both here and on konafriend's forum. I called 3/5 and spoke to "Ruth" & we had a good conversation and I agreed to use them- gave a deposit over $300 but since then, I have not been able to get in touch w/ them, have only been able to get their voicemail, have left messages to call me back but no return calls yet. They were quick to charged my credit card right after we spoke 3/5- the one and only contact w/ them. I have also emailed them but no response yet- any one know what's up w/ Akonapet. Did the lava consume their business? Fortunately my credit card company wsd able to put a hold on the transaction pending a dispute resolution. I am sorry if any one else is working w/ Akonapet right now. I thought I was paying a service to help me take some stress off our big move but it has added so much more stress. All I can say from this experience is that I feel like I got scammed. If anyone has info contrary to what I am going thru , pls speak up.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:06 PM

16 posts, read 26,616 times
I have to apologize for my previous post on Akonapet. My inpatience got the worst of me as the stress of moving to Maui is getting to me. I spoke with Ruth from Akonapet today and we are moving forward as I had not done my part to allow her to proceed. I should stay off the forums. Well I am happy that we are moving forward and will come back after my move to comment on the services from Akonapet.

Maybe Maui will teach me to relax alot- aloha.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 480 times
I got scammed by Akonapet. They are a Horrible service that takes your money and runs!!

Ruth was responsive in providing a quote and preparing the contract. Luckily, we already had the forms needed for our dogs arrival so I just needed someone to help coordinate with the travel portion. We signed the contract on December 3, paid $332.50 and agreed on a flight date of January 17. The Hawaii Department of Agriculture requires the application form to be sent out at least 10 days prior to your pet's arrival. I began emailing Ruth on January 3 to confirm the January 17th travel date. After a total of fours emails and one voicemail, Ruth was completely unresponsive. My last email dated January 6th stated that if she did not get back to me by 5pm that day, I will need to cancel my contract.

I'm still holding onto the original rabies certificates required by the Hawaii dept of Ag that should already have been mailed and Ruth is nowhere to be found. I had no choice but to move on and dispute the deposit. While the credit card company called Ruth with me on the line, Ruth actually picks up the phone! Ruth then denies that she ever received any of my emails even though I was just replying to her old message. She even said that she never received my voicemail.

Guess what? The credit card company took her side even though she was in breach of her own contract. The only statement that the credit card company cared about was when Ruth stated "no refunds after 7 days." It sounds like Ruth knows how to play the game because she also knew exactly what to say during our conversation. The credit card rep even felt bad but there was nothing she could do. The only way to get a refund now is through small claims court.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:29 PM

4,416 posts, read 4,920,198 times
What a horrible experience. Moving pets is stressful enough without having to deal with stuff like this. It looks like your credit card company let you down as well. I would try to find a way to appeal their decision. Contact the BBB and anybody else you think can help you. I've had decisions reversed after getting the BBB involved before.

All that being said, we transported animals ourselves, and we used used https://islandpetmovers.com/ twice. I probably wouldn't do it myself again unless they went out of business. Because of their negotiated rates, I think it was actually cheaper to use them than when we moved the animals ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: