Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 05:22 PM

129 posts, read 372,419 times

Advertisements

Exactly, 1.5 years. Talk to me when you have been there for at least 5. Why are you even giving advice being so new? Let anyone come who wants to. Encourage people in this lousy economy we all live in wherever they may want to roam. That's what Hawaii is all about anyway....adventure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 05:43 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,117,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeinspectorboise View Post
Exactly, 1.5 years. Talk to me when you have been there for at least 5. Why are you even giving advice being so new? Let anyone come who wants to. Encourage people in this lousy economy we all live in wherever they may want to roam. That's what Hawaii is all about anyway....adventure.
ROTFLMAO! Thanks dude! There's not a lot of laughter left these days so I'll take it where ever it shows up.

And may you live in adventurous times!

Old 11-03-2010, 06:04 PM

You find it funny when I say Hawaii is an adventurous place? Based on the number of posts you have on here I think you should get out more and enjoy the outdoors of Hawaii instead of telling everyone how hard it is to live in Hawaii. I think that is really funny when people take so much time out of their day to sit on here as if anyone really cares what you say anyway.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:08 PM

What do you guys do for a living anyway that allows you so much free time to be on sites like this discouraging people all week long? Let me guess....you will say self employed which boils down to medi-caid, food stamps and unemployed on the islands.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:22 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,540,814 times
Quote:
You find it funny when I say Hawaii is an adventurous place? Based on the number of posts you have on here I think you should get out more and enjoy the outdoors of Hawaii instead of telling everyone how hard it is to live in Hawaii. I think that is really funny when people take so much time out of their day to sit on here as if anyone really cares what you say anyway.
Apparently it matters to you. I get on this forum about twice a day, for a few minutes each, if that matters to you as well.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
My recent experience of moving a family here is more relevant than your talk about having lived here in the distant past.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
My recent experience of moving a family here is more relevant than your talk about having lived here in the distant past.
I didn't mean to strike a cord with you. Gosh. Distant past....if you are referring to 2 years ago being in Hawaii, than yes, I am old news. I spent most of the 90's through 2000's in Hawaii so I find it funny for someone who has lived there a little longer than an extended vacation to be such an informative source.

You moved your family there and you are struggling. Just be honest. Stop painting the gloom and doom for everyone that has a slight interest in coming to Hawaii. There are soooo many places in this country that are more expensive to live than Hawaii so stop the scare tactics.....some people have actually traveled the country and aren't sheltered in some small town in Iowa with no idea of what things cost. I think the majority of people on here are just asking some basic questions....they don't need to be met with the days highest grocery prices you can find and the most expensive gas rate.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:22 PM

You apparently moved away more than once because of the jobs issue. That seems to be quite relevant to what I said.

BTW, Hawaii is generally listed as the 2nd most expensive place to live in the US, right behind New York City, and 25th worldwide. But you will ignore those facts because that is what trolls do.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:27 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,599,482 times
Quote:
I didn't mean to strike a cord with you. Gosh. Distant past....if you are referring to 2 years ago being in Hawaii, than yes, I am old news. I spent most of the 90's through 2000's in Hawaii so I find it funny for someone who has lived there a little longer than an extended vacation to be such an informative source.

You moved your family there and you are struggling. Just be honest. Stop painting the gloom and doom for everyone that has a slight interest in coming to Hawaii. There are soooo many places in this country that are more expensive to live than Hawaii so stop the scare tactics.....some people have actually traveled the country and aren't sheltered in some small town in Iowa with no idea of what things cost. I think the majority of people on here are just asking some basic questions....they don't need to be met with the days highest grocery prices you can find and the most expensive gas rate.
Aloha,?
umm yes they do they need to see the cost of what they are used to buying ,eating ,drinking. ect.
To open the eyes of the vacation blinded this needs to happen. Its not scare tactics its the truth the prices you see at right on. If you live in Iowa you need to budget on your comfort food if you canʻt live with out your pot roast and potatoes. This is a relocation forum not a vacation forum even tho we help out numerous people that only come to visit and we do this gladly. We donʻt know diddly about you weather you stayed in Oahu or Kauai all we know is what we see in our struggling live trying to carve out a piece of Hawaii. It helps us all out to see reality before we experience it when its to late to budget it. If the people that ask all these nice questions don;t like the answers and canʻt way the pros and cons and find a balance to the questions then its for them to experience the reality for themselves we have see the result of the people that come and leave crushed from it. So then lets just let them decide .

Koa
Rant done maybe

Old 11-04-2010, 07:31 AM

Troll??

I've said my piece and will let this issue rest. All I was trying to convey is that you should try to be a little more even in your responses to folks. Instead of saying NO WAY can you live here due to the prices of XYZ....why not try saying that XYZ is really expensive but there are coupons/discounts for this item once in awhile which helps save money.......etc. I guess I just live a little more freely due to all of our moves over the years and have always adapted no matter where we live. Have a great day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: