Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:30 AM

53 posts, read 197,666 times

Advertisements

Sorry I have to agree with the people who are trying to paint the reality of the situation that they may face when they move to Hawaii, and that is the fact that it will be difficult to live comfortably without money. I have seen first-hand many people struggling with low paying jobs and trying to feed their kids. Most are not able to enjoy life and have to work 60+ hours a week in two menial jobs just to support their families. A lot of these people end up on welfare on our dime. Do you remember the tent-cities? The multi-generational families that cram ten people in a 3 bedroom house? Locals are already having a hard time. I would rather be realistic with these people before they let their dreams blind them, come to Hawaii, go broke, and then end up on the streets. There was an article posted somewhere here about how the state ends up paying for a plane ticket for these individuals to go back home because they could not afford it themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 01:06 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,449,661 times
iam was retireing with a fixed income of amount to live on the rest of my life there ..so i could understand your post about beening able to make end meet as a person with a family .but since it me in the matter my needs are simple for myself in the way of beening able to do live on

with a set of two funds i will have in the following areas -x-buying of the land and setting up the land for my needs and moveing all the items i need to spend my rest of my life there ..

second part of fund is design to get things done there ..

car lics plates

car ins

cell phone

broadband usb card for computer

first grocery store run to get all the supplies i need
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: