Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 03:04 PM

369 posts, read 776,742 times

Advertisements

Sandys isn't that bad when you use common sense...although it will wear you down quickly (strong currents).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 03:18 PM

77 posts, read 212,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
huh, don't let me scare you away. There are a lot of places worse.
I got back on the horse two days later.

I visit the ER on a regular basis also.
But that's not all bad.
I ended up marrying an ER doc
HAHAHA!!!!!! That's awesome! Everything happens for a reason, right? You just reinforced my belief My husband's tired of taking me to the ER for injuries though. You should pass on your dating techniques to that strange little guy who was on here looking for rich ladies to date in Waikiki

Old 05-04-2011, 03:19 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,222 times
Hank;
I'm very sorry to hear about the serious injury.
I apologize if I struck a personal nerve.
All sports have serious risks associated with them and it's best to know what you are getting into. Look at Christopher Reeve.
My first time up koko crater they had to medivac a person who fell off the trail.
Like I said before, if you don't respect Hawaii, she WILL kill you.

The ER docs told me that more people incur serious neck injuries at Sandy beach than any other place in the world.
It's also my favorite body boarding place in Hawaii, actually my favorite in the World.

Last edited by Tenzo; 05-04-2011 at 03:32 PM..

Old 05-04-2011, 11:18 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,815,136 times
Might be just a coincidence, but it seems like every time we visit family on Oahu we hear on the news that someone has been seriously hurt or killed at Sandy Beach. Maybe we are just bad luck!

Old 05-08-2011, 05:26 PM

206 posts, read 466,229 times
I wake up at anywhere from 630-930am, depending on my body. Then i eat a breakfast of tropical fruits before heading out with my smiling dog to do 1-2 hours of morning gardening--planting, harvesting, watering and generally seeing to all of my plants. Afterwards I do some writing, have lunch, and move from my cabin to the main house on our property where I go online, do research, assist my partner in various activities, and have an early dinner. In late afternoon I go back outside for another 2-3 hours of gardening while my partner plays the piano, then retire to my cabin for the night to write, read a book, rinse off in my outdoor shower, and go to bed. Wednesday and Saturday mornings we go to the farmers market, and about every other tuesday we go into Kona and spend some time at the beach, every few months we take bigger scenic trips all around the island.

Last edited by Vaedrem; 05-08-2011 at 05:53 PM..

Old 05-11-2011, 03:30 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,442,568 times
Weekday:
Wake up
Eat breakfast
Go to work
Go home
Eat dinner
Watch tv or play computer games

Weekend:
Go to the beach and build sandcastles

That's all I do. I can't afford anything else. I was hoping to take up kayaking and snorkeling when I moved here but I can't afford a kayak or a prescription dive mask.

Like I keep saying. Hawaii is great if you're rich. Also great if you have family to pay for your island lifestyle, like a lot of young transplants.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:12 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,815,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Weekday:
That's all I do. I can't afford anything else. I was hoping to take up kayaking and snorkeling when I moved here but I can't afford a kayak or a prescription dive mask.
How much does a prescription dive mask cost?

Old 05-14-2011, 01:13 PM

70 posts, read 287,993 times
Default how i spend my daze

hi
geeze it got me thinkin

letz see if i can do this

monday ...am look for shells ..come home ...take some HERBAL medicine
tuesday ...am look for shells ...come home ...take some HERBAL medicine
thursday ...am remember how good monday and tuesday were

friday ...am plan the weekend ...take some HERBAL medicine

what was the question

xstonedrocker ....hmmmmm

Old 05-14-2011, 02:26 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,571,651 times
what happened to,,, uuuurrrrpppp,,,, scuze me,,, wednesday?

Aloha,,, what day is this???

Old 05-14-2011, 06:16 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,099,217 times
Since most days are workdays...

Get up.
Walk from the condo to the parking garage (3 blocks)
Drive to work (4 miles, Waikiki to Downtown Honolulu)
Walk to Starbucks and back to work
Work till I'm off work.
If I get home at a decent hour, go to sandy's to bodysurf or go to the wall to boogie board (wave dependent).
Go home, cook dinnner.
Chill.
Repeat.

Weekends, pretty much whatever as long as it has to do with the water. Early mornings at Sandy's on the weekend before the crowds is pretty nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: