Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 11:54 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,392,358 times

Advertisements

Sending prayers and alohas to the family and friends of Officer Fontes, who was killed at a traffic stop. Sending prayers also for Officer Scanlan at Queens.
Officers Mourn A Tragedy - Video - KITV Honolulu

Such a powerful reminder that we need to move over and give lots of space to any vehicles pulled over on the side of the roads for any reason. Especially for the First Responders - police, ambulance, fire...

This is very sad. Four children have lost a daddy. Four more are waiting to see how their daddy will fare.

Malama Pono.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 01:15 PM

121 posts, read 524,899 times
Thanks for the update RC. My prayers go out to officer Scanlan with hopes for a speedy recovery. And my sincere condolances to the family of officer Fontes. I lost two very good friends many years ago while serving with HPD. I will always remember my classmate Robert Corter who died in a traffic accident while in a high speed pursuit and my good friend, Larry Stewart who was shot during a disturbance in a night club. When tragedies occur like this one, I'm always reminded of Robert and Larry. Shortly after leaving the force another good friend, Merlin Kaeo, died in a police helicopter crash. May all my buddies RIP. You're always remembered.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:43 AM

52 posts, read 159,608 times
I'm from Texas and it is state law in Texas to slow down or change lanes if an emergency vehicle is on the side of the road. I'm not sure if there are any laws in Hawaii regarding emergency vehicles on the side of the road, but it would be good to at least raise awareness before starting legislation.

My experience with Hawaii is that most drivers are courteous and drive the speed limit. So, perhaps the driver was simply not paying attention or tired. He is a National Guardsman as well. As a fellow soldier, I hope he and his family get through this.

Condolences to the officer's family, HPD, and the suspect's family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: