Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:18 AM

502 posts, read 985,450 times

Advertisements

Is that for the soul who appreciates solitude, looking out over the black lava cliffs ( read shoreline ), the combination of sun, and infinity, the horizon is over whelming in a fine way ! It takes a hearty soul who would appreciate living there. Aside from dwelling there, the beauty is quite captivating, it does something marvelous for me - private education.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:49 AM

Default So dont let the "mean girl's club" **** on your parade

and keep you from finding an inexpensive piece of 'aina on the Black Lava Field still known as Kalapana / Royal Gardens of Big Island; where you can walk to the sea cliffs and fish to your heart's content in the azul de mar.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:06 AM

Default There are still some hearty souls living in solitude of Kalapana Lava Fields - Legally

I admire the likes of them. They have traded the tenements of L.A. for fresh aire, smog free living, peace of mind and tranquility.
Attached Thumbnails
Best place to place unpermitted cabin-kokoiki.....jpg  

Old 02-11-2012, 11:23 AM

Default What I like about the Kalapana area

SolitudeBest place to place unpermitted cabin-kalapana-licorice.jpg

Old 02-12-2012, 12:19 PM

Default Does anyone out there love Hawaii is much as I do ?

I am crazy about BI. Maybe it is the way that I feel so incredibly alive being in the jungle or on the lava overlooking the ocean with the sun bouncing off of it into my eyes but reflecting the living blues of color in the differents depths of the Pacific. The colorful fish, all sing to me as they dance in the depths. It is not just the black durgeons with their pink tail and dorsal fins (top and bottom) that excite me but all - including the glassy trumpet pipe fish that hover just a few millimeters below the surface, as they too stare into the sun light brightness of living waters.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:34 AM

Default Trimaran in Kawaihae Marina - Big Island

There is this cool well traveled 2 man live a board Trimaran in the Kawaihae Marina / Harbor adjacent to the K Canoe Club. ( Feb 2012 ) Such fun !

Old 02-14-2012, 12:57 PM

749 posts, read 852,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Shipping container, Dumpster, Used washing macine,, who cares what it it. Its the attitude that coming to Hawaii to live like a bum or tramp is some acceptable thing. I wish they would post where they live so we can ask the same questions in their group and watch the sparks fly.
"hello all,
I'm moving from Hawaii to (insert city, town, state here) and wondering where is a placein your comunity where I can buy some land CHEAP so I can plop down my tent and composting toilet and live with all of you?"
What do you folks think the next responses will be?
Huh. Interesting. So if one Plans to be a bum or tramp, they aren't welcome to come to the islands, check. Oh and those looking for Cheap land/place to live also, not welcome, check. Just when does this "aloha spirit" thing kick in ??? At about $125k a year or so?

Old 02-14-2012, 02:25 PM

Default Aloha Spirit

I would say there is enough of the Aloha Spirit to go around. You only need to stay away from the "few" animals standing in the feed trough that dont want any more new commers. Their likes are around and about all over the world. Just go past them. They are easy to spot, because if you hear them talk and if you watch them they will have their pointed noses up in the air and have a condescending tone of voice. It just takes some practice to observe them in their element.

If one has a loving, compassionate and winsome spirit, then there will be many new friends enough to go around.

Again, take your time; you will find parcels of land for sale to fit your budget.

Last edited by mangodog; 02-14-2012 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 02-14-2012, 03:29 PM

Default Photo of Kawaihae Canoe Club - Big Island

Nice place with a white sandy beach near good restaurants.
Attached Thumbnails
Best place to place unpermitted cabin-kawaihae_big_island_hawaii_canoe_club-.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii