Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 09:29 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,128,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Were you still in Hawaii Kai when that shark got stuck in the marina? I remember sitting at Richards, (think it became Dollys later on), having a cold one, looking out over the water, and seeing this dorsal fin slowly make its way out of the water, then submerge, as it moved forward. Thought my seeing it might have been the ill affects of some bad beer, but, after thorough research, I was able to rule that possibility out.

Uuurrrrppppp..................
I don't remember that one; but I do remember sharks getting stuck in Haunama Bay after storms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 01:40 PM

30 posts, read 42,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
I don't remember that one; but I do remember sharks getting stuck in Haunama Bay after storms.
I remember hearing about that but i lived on the westside of the island.

Hawaiian I see you postted lost movie cinemas from our childhood on this thread. Check this webpage out. CinemaTour - Cinemas Around the World - United States - Hawaii

Nanakuli Cinema was my memory. My parents would send me and my brothers and sisters when they could afford it. Easier times.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:57 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,578,196 times
Ho'ohewa mea'ole ma ka mahina poepoe

Old 11-19-2013, 02:38 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,763,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Ho'ohewa mea'ole ma ka mahina poepoe
Yeah i agree the full moon was crazy and makes others do crazy things. Over here we could barely see it because it was so foggy and overcast.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:23 PM

7 posts, read 10,483 times
Playing kickball and chase master and smear the ***** in the middle of Kalanianaole Hwy when it was just 2 lanes of dirt or half-a$$ paving. My aunty had, and still has, the largest privately owned piece of property from Waialae thru Hawaii Kai - on corner of Kuliouou and Kalanianaole... And that's after taking half away to add lanes. Good thing she built on the backside of the property. Lots of neighbors are within feet of the highway now.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:25 PM

I think my post went to the wrong thread. LOL

Old 12-11-2013, 08:27 PM

Why is ***** removed? It's a real word.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:50 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,522,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiKK View Post
Why is ***** removed? It's a real word.

So is the word Dick, but the smut filter doesn't mind.

Last edited by kaimuki; 12-11-2013 at 10:10 PM..

Old 12-28-2013, 01:16 PM

6 posts, read 13,538 times
Some of my best memories were of spending part of my youth growing up i kahaluu and kailua. The manapua trucks and malasadas. The best curried rice on ala moana beach. I was in the jpo's in school and we would have competitions on ala moana beach. I remember going to kailua beach and bowling for pe in school. I loved checkers and pogo and always wanted to go on the show and be the one picked for the birthday hat. You got too scoop pennies out of a jar. One time they had a promotion thing where you could raise money for a charity and my mom helped me put on a carnival in our backyard. I won a huge bag of different frito snacks. My sister and I took nose flute lessons. The may day activities we would do at school. I don't remember the name of it but their were two long sticks that were held at ground level and we would dance between them while they were knocked on the ground and together. There were a lot of good memories. Going night fishing with my best friend and her dad. Swinging on the banyan trees at the zoo. I still love that zoo. All the big string of firecrackers on light poles that were sat off on chinese new years.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:21 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,763,349 times
@gremiles

Mahalo for your great post. Wow what good memories. Aloha, welcome to CDF Hawai'i forum.

Mahalo for reminding me of the two long sticks that were held at ground level and danceing between them while they were knocked on the ground and together. Tinikling, is the name of it. Man talk about really small kid time lol. Its a dance that came from the Philippines. I remember swinging from the banyan trees at the zoo, chinese new years and checkers & pogo, all the same memories I had. It was a great time to live in Hawai'i and experience our small kid time? Gremiles feel free to share whatever memories you have and Mahalo for reminding me that im not alone in this experience.

Mahalo PattiKK for posting. Playing tag and Chase Master with slippahs on our hands is also a great memory. Too bad thing changed so much eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii