Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 02:05 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Aren't you the clever one. Einstein and his little "Insanity" rule have not been wasted on you. Over and Over and Over again, you just keep repeating the same silly observation as if it contained even a shred of wit or wisdom, but in the end, it is just the Insanity that has taken over your ... well, let's just say "keyboard". You have my condolences, if not sympathy.
Why all the hate Jeff... Robin? I didn't say anything negative about you or either of the names you go by. I just noticed that after following CyberCity's advice, there were a LOT of similarities in the forums and topics you choose to post on. In fact if I am wrong, Jeff and Robin aren't twins, I think you two could be best friends because amazingly, you seem to agree on everything! Nothing wrong with that. No judgment here.

So, are you your own best friend? If so, I congratulate you on finding yourself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 02:57 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCity View Post
And more site usefulness, the benefits include these positive results of using the search then ignore functions:

1) When I put someone on MY ignore list, I do not see their postings nor PMs, and can proceed with being on C-D having elevated peacefulness.

And equally helpful,

2) If someone puts me on their ignore list, it eliminates their having reasons to respond to my posts, thus [again] helping the C-D experience to be more peaceful.

Too bad there is not an "automatic dual ignore" feature, which would automatically make all ignore list additions be "mutual".

[Ignore List: at top blue bar, choose "My Settings" tab. On menu at left, under "Settings and Options" choose "Edit Ignore List". Add the member and OK and Save.]
Or the other option could be? to be mature and have pono and try to work things out? Or maybe not attack ppls character first(esp if you haven't even introduced yourself first) unless you were attacked?

Old 07-18-2013, 03:03 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,141 times
@City idk, i read your posts(other then the ones directed to me lol) you don't seem to be that much of a bad guy, and you do seem to have good advice at times? So what do you say? Could this be an issue of "we are on the internet and because of that, its hard to know ppls mana or spirit of intent?"

Old 07-18-2013, 06:50 AM

217 posts, read 640,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Do YOU ever post on any other boards besides this 'Hawaii' one or sub forum for wherever you live? Why/why not?
Sometimes I post on the Houston board, I lived in Houston a long time, and miss it a lot.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:17 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Why all the hate Jeff... Robin? I didn't say anything negative about you or either of the names you go by. I just noticed that after following CyberCity's advice, there were a LOT of similarities in the forums and topics you choose to post on. In fact if I am wrong, Jeff and Robin aren't twins, I think you two could be best friends because amazingly, you seem to agree on everything! Nothing wrong with that. No judgment here.

So, are you your own best friend? If so, I congratulate you on finding yourself!
Why don't you try this approach. Forget about all that runway that is behind you, Concentrate on steering down the Runway CL, and the Runway that lies before you

Old 07-18-2013, 08:53 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,371,357 times
Just a general suggestion (to no one in particular): try saying only positive things for a while, and see what starts happening to your peace of mind and your rep.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Just a general suggestion (to no one in particular): try saying only positive things for a while, and see what starts happening to your peace of mind and your rep.
This would be GREAT advice for the OP who keeps attempting to prove and re-prove and re-prove Einstein's Rule of Insanity in perpetuity with his childish, infantile references to me as another user. He knows better, but when dealing with insanity, knowledge doesn't count for much.

Your suggestion is wise and welcome.

My last poste, except in relation to the OP and is Einstin syndrome was three to a post. Can 't get much more positive than that.

How about it OP, want to take the cure and start posting positively instead of from Insanity?. I am sure everyone would love to stop seeing your Insanity embodied in repeative mindless posts, and I sure would enjoy not dealing with such infantile outburnsts.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:56 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Hawaii isn't the only forum I post to regularly outside of my home state's. Do YOU ever post on any other boards besides this 'Hawaii' one or sub forum for wherever you live? Why/why not?
This is an interesting Question just for the general Hawaii forum populace.

I follow Hawaii, Oahu, and Big Island...none of those forums are too active, so easy to keep them in the 'Subscribed Forums'.

'Asia' is the one I'm most active on....which I guess would classify as 'home' in many ways.

On the Mainland, I don't follow any past cities I've lived in, I just follow the ones I entertain the possibility of living in the future. That changes from time-to-time, but Honolulu remains a constant.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,943 times
I think was wrong and need apologize. I see that Jeffington made 1,811 posts and got 503 Rep points. Not great but not awful either. However, Robin Rossi has made 3,663 posts and has only got 808 Rep points to date.
So after further research, I no longer think that Jeffington is Robin Rossi.
Sorry about that Jeffington, I do apologize to you.

Returning to the topic.
Robin, now that we are back to being friends, I am curious as to why you post here in the Hawaii forums? Again, no judgment, just curious.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
I think was wrong and need apologize. I see that Jeffington made 1,811 posts and got 503 Rep points. Not great but not awful either. However, Robin Rossi has made 3,663 posts and has only got 808 Rep points to date.
So after further research, I no longer think that Jeffington is Robin Rossi.
Sorry about that Jeffington, I do apologize to you.

Returning to the topic.
Robin, now that we are back to being friends, I am curious as to why you post here in the Hawaii forums? Again, no judgment, just curious.
OK, assuming that we are now friends, and that there will be no more instances of the Einstein Rule, and, with that having been said, I will answer your question fully and truthfully, as you, as the OP, deserve,

I post on this forum because I , in my mind, but not involving famility etc. there, have a "connection" to, a fondness for Hawaii, and a strong desire to retire on the BI. I have spent, all told, about 5 years on the Islands, mostly Oahu, but also, Kuai, Maui and the BI, as well as having logged many miles and hours afloat in the waters surrounding those Island., and conducted countless dives (as many as 3 per day, 4 or 5 days a week) on the reefs surrounding Oahu collecting fish and shells, as well as some military artifacts.

For example,

I have a piece of copper shrapnal that I found in the rubble to the side of the approach channel to Pearl Harbor. It is spiral, and if looked at from the end, you see it was a naval shell, and you can still see the threads in the nose where the fuse screwed in. It is my belief it was an early magnetic-type proximity-fuzed artiliiery shell probably from Dec. 7.

It is one of my plans (haven't decided which one to put execute yet) to retire on the BI on the Kona side, near one of the two harbors, where I have easy access to the water to fish, and continue my Big Game fishing "career".

I hope this answers your question, and is good enough to win me a trip to Hollywood to compete in finals for a really good recording deal/contract.... oh wait a minute, that's a reality show on TV!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: