Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,779,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
We just got back to Oregon last night and the one thing we have noticed today is that this place is infested with white people! They are everywhere!!!

We enjoy the diversity of Hawaii.
I do too and miss it, i do love my europeans bruddahs from different mothers but it nice to have different thinking and attitudes sometimes. Welcome back, heard you had alot of new experiences on your trip. Thats also whats cool about Hawai'i, you can still experience and get things that you cant on the mainland.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:54 AM

7 posts, read 10,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
@chiguygo99,

Hmmm, nothing wrong with opinions or negative opinions. But there is a line between expressing negatively and harassment. Another words, how many times or ways can you say you don't like what someone posts before it just becomes harassment? Further, your way out of bounds on the making this a racist issue on my part (it obvious that you didn't read my threads or don't understand them?) I would say the racist is viper because he said there is no other culture in Hawai'i then mainland western culture. Further, i have no issue with asian culture or asians because for the most part you bruddahs have an ideal of we instead of I, for the most part you respect ohana and community. I haven't seen an asian culture wipe out a nation of people to the point of extinction and total loss of language etc. And continue to try to this very day, all in the name of profit. Haole to me isn't racist or based on skin color, but attitudes and ideals make someone haole in my book. Mahalo Aloha
Okay, bear with me. Please tell me what "culture" has wiped out a nation of people to the point of extinction in the name of profit? I assume you're talking about native hawaiians. You say you're not racist, but I can only deduce from that statement that you are talking about the haole and native Hawaiians. You have stated that Hawaii is such a great multicultural place where everyone has to learn about each other's cultures, way of life, etc. So, it's ok for other aliens to move to Hawaii and assimilate with the natives, just not Westerners, correct? Because they are doing it in the name of profit? You act like people sat around a conference table and plotted the demise of the native Hawaiian people.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:43 PM

@chiguygo99,

Hmmmm im sorry, but yes its planed. No not by everyday citizens of the Unitted States. It isn't an accident if the behavior happens multiple times to different ppls, its planned. Yes everything is about profit. The move west and eventual push of native american indians off the land was based on profit, so was the taking of Hawai'i and african american slavery. Further we are trying as we speak to take iraq. And there is other events in history when we have attemptted to take other countries land too.

I know its hard to grasp but yes point of extinction in the name of profit has happened to native american indian tribes and nations who have lost there languages, culture etc. Both Native Americans and Native Hawai'ian have had there peoples population decimateed by war and plague from western people. Native American Indians and Native Hawai'ians as we speak wonder if there will be anyone of us left in 2 or 3 generations. Continued to next post.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:18 PM

@chiguygo99

Continue from last post.

At the time of discovery of Hawai'i by cook, the Hawai'ian nation had 200,000 to 800,000 strong fullblooded Native Hawai'ians. In current times it believed that there is only 10,000. Same with Native American Indians, population numbers of fullblooded decreased each generation. Currently there is efforts to bring Olelo Hawai'i language back from almost dying but why did it almost die?

Its easy to label me a radical or racist, but all im doing is showing the facts. We are currently argueing if Hawai'i is anything different from the mainland culturely? Most saying no, but why is that? This is Hawai'i were majority of population isnot european. 30years ago somone would have said without a doubt Hawai'i isnt the mainland. So what happened now that it looks just like mainland usa? Im all for diversity, but what is really happening now diversity? Or domination and assimilating attitudes of one culture over others. See im not anti white or etc. Continue on next post

Old 10-12-2013, 02:28 PM

@chiguygo99
My ideal if diversity is when all cultures have there place and are accepted. I believe mainland usa culture has its place in Hawai'i but should it be the dominate culture when its the minority? To me it isn't race but attitudes and ideals i have issues with, ive butted heads with other natives who have the might is right attitude.

I guess i would ask you? Do you see Hawai'i now as American? Or Asian and Hawai'ian? Or All honestly?

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-12-2013 at 02:40 PM..

Old 10-12-2013, 02:59 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,983,750 times
Quote:

So what happened now that it looks just like mainland usa?
A refresher from a previous post

We had this thing called the internet. Airline deregulation. People sending their kids to the mainland for college and they stayed - then came back eventually with mainland customs. A high military presence from gulf wars - more people leaving Hawaii and more people moving to Hawaii - a disinterest in traditional Hawaiian "culture" (go look at your yourtube videos of all the things that don't exist anymore) - record tourism catering to the mainland - etc, etc, etc....

Old 10-12-2013, 04:30 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,824,980 times
Quote:
...It isn't an accident if the behavior happens multiple times to different ppls, its planned...
It has happened many, many, MANY times through out the history of humans and not just by the United States.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,623 times
i lived in hawaii my entire life and as a hawaiian i recognize things that may get a negative reaction out of locals and hawaiians these things are sense of entitlement ego and being talked down to as if we are uneducated savages there are ignorant people everywhere in the world and hawaii is no different basically juss watch what u say because everyone knows everyone and or is related be respectful and humble no boasting think of it like this we are all in it together all of our **** stinks if a major earthquake volcanic eruption hurricane or tsunami hits where all in the same boat try to unify under this common concern that we are all in this together so together we should bind unify for a common cause no hawaiians no haoles just people living on a island at the grace of mother nature Aloha Robert Nakoa

Old 10-12-2013, 05:06 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,824,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert nakoa View Post
...no hawaiians no haoles just people living on a island at the grace of mother nature...

Very well said! Rep point coming your way.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
It has happened many, many, MANY times through out the history of humans and not just by the United States.
So basicly what your saying is? If george hits a smaller kid its acceptable behavior because everyone else has done it or does it? I hope that wasn't your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii