Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 04:31 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times

Advertisements

@Dreaming of Hawaii

It doesn't make me angry, what makes me angry is you forget its your personal opinion and not a ultimate reality. I bring it up only as awareness, if your not aware there is an issue why change. Truth is you, viper, and palipatty are the first to come down hard on anyone who doesn't match your ideal of truth or reality.

And its true "self important egos" is the issue. To this day one of you who i still don't understand what your stink against me is. Your da first to point out that you currently live in Hawai'i, so anyone who doesn't has no real credibility, but then your the first to say Hawai'i is no different in the day by day then the mainland. Which makes no since whatsoever. To me that would mean anyone who lives on mainland would be an expert on Hawai'i?

Why even position yourself in this way? Unless your self important ego is beyond this being expressing your opinion, to forcing others to assimilate your ideal of truth and what is right?

Continue on next post

Old 02-26-2014, 04:46 PM

@Dreaming of Hawaii

Continue from last post

Really i don't have a problem with opinion, everyone has a right to one. But being a guy who survived being forced out of CDF Hawai'i by a member who felt it was his legal right to push me out for not speaking what he felt was the truth. Who your defending, and another member whose first words to me were "dream on peter pan" I would say i have a right to point out a problem here. If you had believed that everything is opinion, we wouldn't have any issues you and I or others. Because i would be blissfully posting about culture, aloha, small kid times not bothering anyone if you had left me alone.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 02-26-2014 at 05:33 PM..

Old 02-26-2014, 06:06 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Perhaps I'm just used to spotting them - and I'm pretty sure I know who is responsible for the fake threads on moving to Hawaii as eventually this person chimes in with a "where is the Aloha" or "why do you think that" (in response to thinking it is fake).
A long winded theoretical poster (another clue).
Really, Wiper... another veiled personal attack on me? Again? Really?

At least when you accused me of being Mommyandthreekids you had a feeble but somewhat amusing premise... that her paragraph spacing was like mine. What you overlooked, of course, was the obvious explanation that she had started writing here in 100 line posts with no line spacing, and I suggested she break them up for more readability, so she copied my style.

This time you don't even have a premise, just another gratuitous piece of passive-aggressive snark.

Honestly, I don't know how a "busy executive for Hawaiian Airlines" finds the time to read this forum, much less make up nonsense like this and hassle others here.

Quote:
When I first came on CD - there was a rash of: I have $10K in savings posts. They were so over the top and called out by myself and eventually others, they fortunately came to an end.
Yeah, that was a pretty interesting coincidence, wasn't it? You showed up here and then a little while later the various $10K posts began, and then after beating up on a bunch of them you called out the $10K detail, and finally other members joined in the clamor and the posts stopped.

And you've certainly called out many trolls and fakes here, more than everyone else combined, IIRC. And I wondered to myself, how does a "busy executive for Hawaiian Airlines" find the time to even read this forum, much less be so concerned about fake posts? Why would a person be so suspicious and untrusting? Really, why?

What a puzzle. Such a puzzle.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:20 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Lol. You get so angry when you get called out. You seem a bit defensive. Hmmm. You always have had this odd obsession with me. Jealousy is not a good trait. I'll remind CD posters you obsessively stalked me down on LinkedIn and forgot to stay anonymous. Not so bright.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:21 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Why? Is calling them out more fun than letting them run?
I don't know, but I do know that "calling people out" on the forum for being a troll or having a fake account is against the rules here and is considered a punishable offense. A number of people have commented on the About the Forum forum that they've have gotten ten-day suspensions for doing that.

Of course the question comes up of why someone would be ever so very, very concerned about "calling someone out" here, when it is so easy to simply ignore posts you don't care for, whatever the reason? And the appropriate response for a post you think is "trolling" is to use the "Report Post" icon in the upper right corner to notify the moderator of a possible offense.

Funny, but then this article came to mind...

Quote:
Why do Firefighters Commit Arson?

Grigsby told police that he set the fires because he "needed a release." Every year, something like 100 firefighters are arrested for arson-related crimes.

Why Do Firefighters Commit Arson?

Old 02-26-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Lol. You get so angry when you get called out. You seem a bit defensive. Hmmm. You always have had this odd obsession with me. Jealousy is not a good trait. I'll remind CD posters you obsessively stalked me down on LinkedIn and forgot to stay anonymous. Not so bright.
Gee i could say the same thing abou you to me viper. Every thread! The point is we are tired of being harrased, bullied, stalked by you. ok? Change!

Old 02-26-2014, 06:42 PM

19 posts, read 33,322 times
Quote:
The issue for me is it detracts from the people who really are moving. They are so over the top it deflects from the real people who are moving with real questions.
Ah, so I imagine this is why you shot me down here without any further explanation: https://www.city-data.com/forum/33551620-post4.html

I understand that you're skeptical of many people's "plans" to move to Hawaii, and there's nothing wrong with that. I imagine you've seen dozens, hundreds, maybe thousands of posts about them. However, I'd recommend exercising a little more tact in your approach. Telling someone bluntly that their plan will fail is more likely to be dismissed than taken into consideration. I asked for advice and information, you offered none in your post, so I considered your opinion uninformed and without any base. If you really want to deter those with poorly-thought-out plans, how much effort does it take to give them a handful of links for them to research housing costs, moving costs, salary comparisons, etc. and how much more effective would it be?

On a side note, I find it kind of amusing in a very sad way how some of you bicker so often. I used to bicker with others online; I was in high school back then. Why let someone you've never met, whose gender, location, and age is only assumed get under your skin? Be happy! Be friendly! Isn't that the aloha spirit? Or is that another lie put out by the media?

Edit: Why I felt the urge to write this post: I'm very serious about my potential move to Hawaii. I would never make a move to somewhere I wasn't familiar with without performing extensive research of the area and finding adequate employment first. Having to wade through page after page of personal attacks and other rubbish makes this process rather difficult and time-consuming.

Last edited by kowen1208; 02-26-2014 at 06:53 PM..

Old 02-26-2014, 07:01 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
I do find it interesting that OD thought I was referring to him. Wonder why??

Old 02-26-2014, 07:06 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,815,136 times

You all enjoy fighting with each other and you know it. Because IF you didn't, all of this could be eliminated by simply using the Ignore option.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post

You all enjoy fighting with each other and you know it. Because IF you didn't, all of this could be eliminated by simply using the Ignore option.
Tanks fo reminding me brah, i can neva rememba dat option. Mahalo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii