Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:29 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times

Advertisements

Saw a tv program on prostitution in Hawaii during WW11. Sailers were standing in line down the block waiting their turn. Another line was for commissioned officers only. ALL LEGAL. Agreed upon by the Police chief and Military C.O. to prevent open street Prostitution. They came upon the idea of $2.00 for 2 minutes. I beleive this is the reason for the demise of the (two) dollar bill, which would be nice to have today instead of all the one dollar bills. Stigma is Stigma. If the govmt could make enough tax revenue they would LEAGALIZE it. When the BUNNY RANCH was closed down a while back, the Govmt continued running the location until a BUYER could be found, (they were in the prostitution business) and they did find one who is still operating the location today. Stefhen

Old 02-07-2009, 03:58 AM

1 posts, read 7,491 times
Default Legal in Nevada

It is only legal at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada. Expensive, but very legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend-in-Hawaii View Post
No its not legal in any state. In hawaii its a misdemeaner punishable up to 30 days in jail.
I should know i work at the prison.

They also punish the johns with the same thing. So watch out for the vice posing as one.

Friend in Hawaii

Old 02-07-2009, 10:51 AM

682 posts, read 2,794,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootalljones92 View Post
It is only legal at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada. Expensive, but very legal.
Also legal in Rhode Island, at least last I heard which was a year or so ago. They're trying to find a way to fight sex trafficking (women, from Asia mostly, being forced to work as prostitutes).

Old 02-08-2009, 12:17 AM

202 posts, read 1,075,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newUHprof View Post
Also legal in Rhode Island, at least last I heard which was a year or so ago. They're trying to find a way to fight sex trafficking (women, from Asia mostly, being forced to work as prostitutes).
I'm from R.I. and the law states that it's only illegal when it's outdoors.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 PM

201 posts, read 823,026 times
I have been all over the country in a lot of cities around the size and tempo of Honolulu, with big tourism rates, and comparatively I do not think there are "so many" prostitutes in Hono. Seems about "normal" to me.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:04 AM

254 posts, read 1,207,540 times
Did someone say Happy Valley on Maui? I lived on Maui 20 years ago but I left after freshman year at Baldwin HS. I never realized there was any prostitutes anywhere, but now that I'm thinking back I really wonder about some of those places.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,971 times
Along the side street between Kuhio and Kalakua St, I saw 5 girls, dressed for the part. It's disappointing since Hawaii is all beauty, flowers, beaches, surfers and nice memories. To suddenly come upon these woman makes it uncomfortable to walk the normally clean area, in the evening. Most of them appeared to be very WASPY, so maybe the comment about the military kids may be on target. I hope the police will crack down to have this behavior stopped so we can all feel better enjoying the beautiful nights of Hawaii. Just put them to work CLEANING THE STREETS that they are standing on!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:03 PM

138 posts, read 355,061 times
Quote:
Just put them to work CLEANING THE STREETS that they are standing on!
That's a pretty drastic pay cut to force on someone.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:55 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,688 times
Reminds me of an amusing story...

On our guys trip, a friend of mine was alone on the front porch of a Miami Beach hotel around 2 AM, and was accosted by three "working girls" that were probably equipped like the Waikiki "girls"...only he didn't realize it at the moment...and his glow from their inviting leg-wrap dissolved into realization that he was two hundred bucks away from his own personal version of A Crying Game.

We laughed like hell the rest of the trip.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:40 PM

279 posts, read 508,365 times
When I was in Waikiki a few years ago I noticed the prostitutes at 11pm and later. Most were beautiful woman and to my surprise many who were white spoke fluent Japanese, I heard negotiations with a white woman and 2 Japanese men. I also over heard one of them say $300 and got into a Benz S600. I did notice that they were targeting men from Japan that night.

I was shocked since i didn't expect it. I spoke to a few locals and they told me that the PH have a way of turning their heads the other way.
I remember reading the paper one day a couple years ago and reading how the PH were cracking down so not sure how it is nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: