Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 06:17 PM

155 posts, read 544,731 times

Advertisements

Did you know... prostitution is actually an addiction?

Back on the mainland, I volunteer taught a class inside jail. The class before me was called Dignity; it was a class for prostitutes. It was a 12-step program. They used the Alcoholics Anonymous book & ran it like an AA meeting.

I wish more people realized that prostitutes need help getting clean and sober, just like alcoholics, drug addicts, compulsive gamblers, shopaholics, victims of domestic violence, etc. need help. I wish more people had more compassion for those women.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 PM

4 posts, read 14,091 times
In Waikiki, they solicit Japanese tourist. Too expensive for the locals. In Chinatown it's for locals. But watch out for billy boys! It's not a big problem except if they go into other areas or get to agressive. Every so often someone will get all holly and the police will crack down for a while and then a couple months later it's back to normal.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:26 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
There is some good reading on the prostitution after Pearl Harbor. The Navy commanding officer and the local police chief implemented the $2 for 2 mins. Now people know why there is NO more $2 bills because of the stigma attached.

Have seen on HBO channel the films on Prostitution over there and in the stateside. I laughed so hard at the way they were dressed and walked the streets I almost wet my pants from laughter.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:21 PM

92 posts, read 351,253 times
I've noticed this kind of prostitution being rampant in Honolulu when I go there to visit my relatives every year.

The prostitutes tend to linger around Waikiki area and downtown Chinatown/Fort Street mall area.

I would never linger near Fort Street mall at night. Too many weirdo's, trannies, bums, murders, drug addicts, drug dealers, prostitutes, etc.

And yes, I don't know why HPD turns a blind eye to prostitution in Hawaii. I bet the johns "pay" HPD or SHOPO to close their eyes.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 5,587 times
The first time I went to Hawaii in 2005, prostitutes where on the block that I stayed one block from the beach. It was obvious who they were and they talked to the police. It seemed like the block I was on was ok for them to solicite and the police would let them be. I saw this for the 5 days I was there every night on this city block.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:12 PM

255 posts, read 881,934 times
Ladyflyer you sound angry. I don't agree with prostitution either, but why hate?
As long as they don't take your man, just move on...these women are someones sisters, daughters, and friends. Its sad when these things are going on, but these women wouldn't be doing what they're doing if perverted men stopped paying for their services.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:17 PM

255 posts, read 881,934 times
Lisa, that must have been an interesting class to teach. How sad that a little girl would grow up to have this lifestyle. I always think of the mindset of a man who uses one for pleasure. At one time this young lady was a little girl, and to think this is what she became. I wouldn't want to contribute to the demise of anyone by paying for favors...etc...morals are lacking in todays society. Which is why prostitution persists. Desperation will lead many to make a quick dollar in ways that are disgraceful. Yet the person who pays them rarely feels guilty. Its a vicious cycle. My heart breaks for these women. (And the men who do this dangerous/risky line of work)

Old 08-09-2010, 07:48 AM

6 posts, read 65,750 times
Default "soapy" massage

An acquantance of mine, after learning of my intent to vacation in hawaii very shortly recommended I seek out a "soapy" massage.

comments?

Old 08-09-2010, 08:04 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend-in-Hawaii View Post
No its not legal in any state. In hawaii its a misdemeaner punishable up to 30 days in jail.
I should know i work at the prison.

They also punish the johns with the same thing. So watch out for the vice posing as one.

Friend in Hawaii
Not true!!!! It's legal in Nevada.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:07 AM

6 posts, read 65,750 times
If you read the thread we all know that... back to the soapy... whats the deal with these?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: