Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 06:01 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times

Advertisements

OP, don't listen all these folks. I am getting my 3 year old a Dodge Viper. There isn't really a good place to put a car seat in it, but he can go in the garage and look at it. (No touching of course. I don't want grimy handprints all over his baby.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 07:10 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
OP, don't listen all these folks. I am getting my 3 year old a Dodge Viper. There isn't really a good place to put a car seat in it, but he can go in the garage and look at it. (No touching of course. I don't want grimy handprints all over his baby.)
Damn - Maybe I can adopt a kid? Or can you buy you 16 lb cat a car?

Old 01-28-2018, 07:35 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Damn - Maybe I can adopt a kid? Or can you buy you 16 lb cat a car?
I don't know if you can buy your cat a car, but I bought my dog an Xbox and a big screen TV.

Old 01-29-2018, 01:26 PM

671 posts, read 445,465 times
Lol!!! ^

I think I am going to buy my cat a laptop!

Old 01-29-2018, 03:40 PM

518 posts, read 764,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Why? A 3 year old doesn't know Hawaii from down the road.
Probably because it's about the parents and not the kid.

edit: Alright for something that's useful, get the Hawaii Revealed series of guidebooks by Andrew Doughty.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:15 PM

163 posts, read 268,732 times
He's 3 so it doesn't matter. Plan the trip according to what you want to do.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:13 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,215,215 times
I vacationed to Hawaii many many times with my child since she was two or three. She did very well, loved it. I had no trouble at all. Starting with our 11 hour flight her are some tips.

I got 10 cheap toys and pr books from the Dollar store, wrapped up,each one. Didn’t tell her about them, took one out every hour, let her play with it, then gave her the next one and took away the previous one. That kept her attention the whole way there. I did that for my nephew who was 10 years old too and it worked great for his boredom, puzzles and games for him.

During take off and landing pay attention to her ears, gave her chewy candy and drinks to keep her ears open, worked great. No gum at that age because she didn’t chew. Really work at that, ears plugging is so painful in kids.

The bulkhead seats are great for extra room and some even have a sturdy hanging bassinet that helped on the return night sleeping flight.

Sun saftey. The first day or two try to stay out of the sun, it’s so strong. Others use sunscreen, I didn’t have to, one she was dark skinned French heritage and has never burned once and two she is allergic to it. But use a hat always even while walking around. Use sunscreen.

I used an umbrella stroller because they travel so easily, sometimes they will store them in the cabin upfront and you don’t need to baggage them. They are so lightweight to take in out of the car and into stores and restaurants.

Pretty much whatever you want to do she will do, it’s so much eye candy for the kids. Three is kind of hard to schedule too much activity in the afternoons, try mornings for that. Sunrise comes early and it beautiful. But pay attention to nap time if yours nap. Nap at the beach with an umbrella and big towels, the waves sound is great for lulling them asleep. Don’t schedule tours, shopping and dinners during nap time, usually after lunch. Keep your drinks and snacks at hand. Bedtime is easy too as they are pretty worn out from all the activity.

Just some common sense and your trip will be wonderful. I’ll never forget my daughters first trip. We arrived late, around 7 pm to our rented home in the hills and she had fallen asleep so I carried her in. As I stepped in she woke, looked around and said! “So beautiful!! Are we in heaven?” Pretty much honey haha!

Old 01-30-2018, 01:15 PM

521 posts, read 733,191 times
Definitely Aulani on Oahu. That is great for kids!

Old 01-30-2018, 02:48 PM

163 posts, read 268,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgali View Post
Definitely Aulani on Oahu. That is great for kids!
No one should pay Aulani prices for a 3-year old. All they need is access to a pool and/or a beach to enjoy themselves.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:54 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
No one should pay Aulani prices for a 3-year old.
Agreed, considering the parking lot view typically runs north of $400+ per night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii