Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2020, 09:39 PM

344 posts, read 250,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
Who is demon sperm lady?
One of the doctors promoting Hydroxychloquine even after medical studies showed no clinical benefits, and referenced by many, including the President, also believes endometriosis is caused by sperm from having sex with demons in your sleep. Oh, and she is a pediatrician with no particular expertise with infectious diseases.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...tline-doctors/

Old 10-03-2020, 10:08 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Quote:
Who is demon sperm lady?
Stella Wackjob Immanuel.

Trump's unfortunate flirtation with diversity. She supported hydroxychloroquine. (hydroxy-what???)

https://medium.com/illumination/spac...e-be7c77b53ec8

Last edited by Futuremauian; 10-03-2020 at 10:41 PM..

Old 10-03-2020, 10:30 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,327,107 times
She casts a new light on the old line: “You can trust me ... I’m a doctor.”

Old 10-04-2020, 03:37 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,556,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KohalaTransplant View Post
One of the doctors promoting Hydroxychloquine even after medical studies showed no clinical benefits, and referenced by many, including the President, also believes endometriosis is caused by sperm from having sex with demons in your sleep. Oh, and she is a pediatrician with no particular expertise with infectious diseases.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...tline-doctors/
lol thanks. I had no idea.

Old 10-04-2020, 04:52 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,556,636 times
Uh oh, as predicted, thousands of locals expected to continue leaving the state due to poor job prospects. Keep in mind that the ones leaving are 20s, 30s, 40s, the main tax base. How is the state going to survive financially when it's already spending itself into a black hole and purposefully killed private industry. It's pretty telling when we're the only state still forcing closures of businesses.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...-due-to-covid/
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/1...ving-mainland/

Old 10-05-2020, 11:20 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
Loved the interview this morning with Lt Gov Green this morning on KGMB

Asked - "if you were a betting man, is the Oct 15 reopening going to happen"

Green - I'm not a betting man - after more uncomfortable moments, suffice it say, he wouldn't bet on it - but more or less said the State would lose all credibility to back out now.

Several times threw the outer island Mayors under the bus regarding potential quarantine while awaiting a second test.

Was surprised he said mask compliance on Big Island was only 57% - what the heck

Old 10-05-2020, 04:59 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,222 times
Quote:
Uh oh, as predicted, thousands of locals expected to continue leaving the state due to poor job prospects. Keep in mind that the ones leaving are 20s, 30s, 40s, the main tax base. How is the state going to survive financially when it's already spending itself into a black hole and purposefully killed private industry. It's pretty telling when we're the only state still forcing closures of businesses.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...-due-to-covid/
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/1...ving-mainland/
It appears we may be leaving with them. My wife is at her wits end here with the unknowns and interviewed again for several schools in Georgia and Florida. She was offered a position for every one. Some schools are more desirable than others and she was offered a 8th grade middle school position for a highly desirable school in Forsyth County that ranks #6 in the state of Georgia. I just don’t understand how she interviews well on the mainland and doesn’t interview well here. There were culturally and racially diverse schools she interviewed on the mainland that thought she would be a good fit, so not sure why principals don’t think she would be a good fit here. So we have a tough decision to make. We move, she gets back into the classroom and does what she loves. We stay, she doesn’t get back into the classroom and may never get back into the classroom here. She was passed over 5 positions here, so obviously schools here are not interested in her. So if they aren’t interested in her now, why would they be interested in her later? Even if she did get offered a position, Hawaii doesn’t start looking for new Hawaii licensed teachers until after they move tenured teachers around who want to move to another school. This is about the end of May before my wife would be interviewed again. It’s way too late for us to wait that long only to be stuck without her possibly not teaching. Secondly, the way she sees how the HDOE and HSTA is here, she is turned off. Not to be offending, but it’s a dysfunctional mess. The HDOE is grossly top heavy and the HSTA and the DOE seem to not be able to agree on anything. Then you have most of the schools where the paint is peeling off the walls.

If we go back, at least we can’t say we didn’t give it a shot. I just feel really bad for our daughter. She has been making friends at her school and she really likes living here. We all actually like living here and have a cute little house surrounded by beautiful plants, but it was always contingent on my wife being in the classroom. We took a risk coming here and it didn’t pan out. Sh1t happens.

Old 10-05-2020, 05:16 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
It appears we may be leaving with them. My wife is it her wits end here with the unknowns and interviewed again for several schools in Georgia and Florida. She was offered a position for every one. Some schools are more desirable than others and she was offered a 8th grade middle school position for a highly desirable school in Forsyth County that ranks #6 in the state of Georgia. I just don’t understand how she interviews well on the mainland and doesn’t interview well here. There were culturally and racially diverse schools she interviewed on the mainland that thought she would be a good fit, so not sure why principals don’t think she would be a good fit here. So we have a tough decision to make. We move, she gets back into the classroom and does what she loves. We stay, she doesn’t get back into the classroom and may never get back into the classroom here. She was passed over 5 positions here, so obviously schools here are not interested in her. So if they aren’t interested in her now, why would they be interested in her later? Even if she did get offered a position, Hawaii doesn’t start looking for new Hawaii licensed teachers until after they move tenured teachers around who want to move to another school. This is about the end of May before my wife would be interviewed again. It’s way too late for us to wait that long only to be stuck without her possibly not teaching. Secondly, the way she sees how the HDOE and HSTA is here, she is turned off. Not to be offending, but it’s a dysfunctional mess. The HDOE is grossly top heavy and the HSTA and the DOE seem to not be able to agree on anything. Then you have most of the schools where the paint is peeling off the walls.

If we go back, at least we can’t say we didn’t give it a shot. I just feel really bad for our daughter. She has been making friends at her school and she really likes living here. We all actually like living here, but it was always contingent on her being in the classroom. We took a risk coming here and it didn’t pan out. Sh1t happens.
And not to be offending in response (truly) ... I recall suggesting way back that you might have a hard time fitting in to the state. My comment then wasn’t meant to be snarky, nor am I being now. I furthermore genuinely offer my sympathy for your frustrations. It isn’t differences of political ideology I refer to either in this case.

Did you ever see the Jack Nicholson movie “Chinatown” made back in the 70’s? Famous line became a timeless meme: “Forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown.”

Quote:
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown" means "you can't change things, it's the way things are and the way they will be, regardless of how much you tilt at windmills." The line is about the futility of fighting injustices and darkness in the world. ... Chinatown is the world. Jake is everyone.
Well: ‘forget it officer, it’s Hawaii’ ...

LOTS of people move ... then unmove ... because it’s Hawaii. Paradise and all.

Hope something turns around. Best wishes to you and the Misses ... really. Georgia has some nice spots I hear. I have a cousin moved there about 20+ years back and loves it (from Detroit ... so yeah, easy to like Georgia )

Old 10-05-2020, 05:28 PM

959 posts, read 1,214,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
It appears we may be leaving with them. My wife is at her wits end here with the unknowns and interviewed again for several schools in Georgia and Florida. She was offered a position for every one. Some schools are more desirable than others and she was offered a 8th grade middle school position for a highly desirable school in Forsyth County that ranks #6 in the state of Georgia. I just don’t understand how she interviews well on the mainland and doesn’t interview well here. There were culturally and racially diverse schools she interviewed on the mainland that thought she would be a good fit, so not sure why principals don’t think she would be a good fit here. So we have a tough decision to make. We move, she gets back into the classroom and does what she loves. We stay, she doesn’t get back into the classroom and may never get back into the classroom here. She was passed over 5 positions here, so obviously schools here are not interested in her. So if they aren’t interested in her now, why would they be interested in her later? Even if she did get offered a position, Hawaii doesn’t start looking for new Hawaii licensed teachers until after they move tenured teachers around who want to move to another school. This is about the end of May before my wife would be interviewed again. It’s way too late for us to wait that long only to be stuck without her possibly not teaching. Secondly, the way she sees how the HDOE and HSTA is here, she is turned off. Not to be offending, but it’s a dysfunctional mess. The HDOE is grossly top heavy and the HSTA and the DOE seem to not be able to agree on anything. Then you have most of the schools where the paint is peeling off the walls.

If we go back, at least we can’t say we didn’t give it a shot. I just feel really bad for our daughter. She has been making friends at her school and she really likes living here. We all actually like living here and have a cute little house surrounded by beautiful plants, but it was always contingent on my wife being in the classroom. We took a risk coming here and it didn’t pan out. Sh1t happens.
If her job and being employed is an important factor (as it likely should be), then I’d say move back to the mainland. I don’t know your ages or financial situation. But I believe the opportunities are greater on the mainland not only for employment but also to build a solid retirement portfolio and grow your wealth in many different ways. But each person sees things differently.

Old 10-05-2020, 06:14 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
For the lets not reopen crowd....

Survey: 9,000 households in Hawaii are 2 months behind in rent or more

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/1...-rent-or-more/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii