Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 03:37 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,306,760 times

Advertisements

Hawaii Tribune-Herald :: Hilo, Hawaii > Local News (http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articles/2009/01/08/local_news/local02.txt - broken link)

It never completely 'stops', but maybe the current episode is coming to an end?

Fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 04:20 PM

134 posts, read 517,053 times
I hope so! My sinisus can't take it anymore!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:07 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,577,701 times
Is Madame Pele taking a break??????? Must be a union volcanoe!!!

Aloha and okolemaluna

Old 01-08-2009, 11:32 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,053,862 times
It sure would be nice to not have the same levels of vog anymore! Breathing is pretty high on my "to do" list and vog makes it difficult.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:08 AM

I never realized, until just a few years ago, that you can see the Bigger Island from the Pali Highway out by the tunnel south of Lahaina. It had been blowing really heavy trades for a few days, so much that we shut the jobsite down, and, looking south, there it is,,,,,snow on Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa!!! Trades had sent the vog south!!!!!! Of course, if Madame Pele is taking a break, and all that pressure is building up, wouldn't want to be living up by Haleakala,,,,

Aloha and okolemaluna

Old 01-09-2009, 01:57 PM

850 posts, read 4,365,835 times
yo. it's here right now in glenwood/mountain view and will be for the next couple of days or so. then get ready for that cold front they say will come on saturday making it's way from kaua'i to the biggest island sometime on sunday night. just in time to see if the new flashing on our roof holds! the trades aren't expected until early next week and the vog will be with us until then?!

jungjohann: the other day we were in downtown hilo on a sunny day and in the distance mauna kea was snow capped and just spectacular.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:13 PM

378 posts, read 1,204,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
I never realized, until just a few years ago, that you can see the Bigger Island from the Pali Highway out by the tunnel south of Lahaina. It had been blowing really heavy trades for a few days, so much that we shut the jobsite down, and, looking south, there it is,,,,,snow on Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa!!! Trades had sent the vog south!!!!!! Of course, if Madame Pele is taking a break, and all that pressure is building up, wouldn't want to be living up by Haleakala,,,,

Aloha and okolemaluna
Madame Pele IS taking a break... She's here in Oregon watching it rain. watching it rain. watching it rain. watching it rain. watching it rain.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:22 PM

850 posts, read 4,365,835 times
the vog didn't last long today. it just came and went and then it ended up to be beautiful and sunny.

kimo: sorry about all that rain. our turn is coming up starting tomorrow. or so they say.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:05 PM

Don't you mainland guys juss love it when we here in Hawaii send you a slightly used tropical storm!!!! Eh, we no can help if da buggah gets a little cold on its journey norteast!!!! We'ld send you some vog too, but no can,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe we could can some vog an FedEx em ovah???????

Aloha and, uuuurrrrpppp, scuze me, okolemaluna

Old 01-09-2009, 09:58 PM

184 posts, read 659,054 times
Can someone explain how the VOG affects you...and how seriously YOU take it, vs. the doctors? How about tourists--do they even KNOW about it? And finally, if you have to live with this, on and off, all your lives, how does THAT work?

I'm a bit worried, since my kid is coming home with a nasty cold---is it the VOG or just chance? I wanna be able to say, when he gets off that plane in Boston: "SEE? You run off to see your girlfriend in Oahu without doing any research and THIS is what you get!" Kids must learn about where they're going to...and where they've been!

If a Hawaiin kid came hom with.......[fill in the blanks with something you don't know about]...wouldn't YOU be wanting to know what's going on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii