Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,868 times

Advertisements

If you see another plane looking to fill spots, maybe you could let JollyDogs know, or post it on here. A lot of people are in the same situation with getting dogs to Hawaii, myself included. Maybe we can all work something out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 02:33 PM

76 posts, read 198,271 times
If anyone is aware of another group looking to fill a flight to Hawaii, PLEASE have them get in touch with me! I have about 12 people/pets who are very interested, so we have a good start.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,215 times
Default Flight to Hawaii with dogs in cabin, October 2009

I am currently in the beginning stages of looking to move and join family in Honolulu. I will also need to transport my 2 Border Collies with me. I will be driving from Charlotte, NC towards Utah to make the flight easier. I am also looking to move around September - October 2009. As soon as my houses here sells I will have a better idea on exact time frame. How many people have you gotten interested in the charter flight with Dog Travel.

Melanie

Old 04-30-2009, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 20,172 times
Default Need the same for my dogs!

Hi. I've been going crazy over the same problem. I have two sweet Labs, brothers, 3 years old, healthy, but very sensitive to confined cages; just don't have the heart (and scared) to ship them via cargo. Problem is--I'm located in California and would need to fly them from San Fran to Hawaii.

Open to suggestions on how to pull our $$ together for a chartered flight.

p.s. question on the Rabies Shots: the instructions say that you have to wait 3 months after the 1st shot. So if they have the first shot May 7th, then they must have the 2nd shot by August 7th, and then you have to wait 3 months more before they can leave? Is this correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyDogs View Post
Hi!
We will be moving to Hawaii in October or November 2009. Husband in the military. We have one 17 year old dog. He is old, but very healthy and no reason to think he won't make the move. There is absolutely no way we will have him fly in cargo, so we are looking into chartering a flight with Dog Travel Company.

In a perfect world we would like to fly from Washington DC - Honolulu. This will be rather pricey, so if need be, we will drive to California and fly from there.

We are looking for people and their pets who might be interested in sharing a charter flight. The dogs will not only be able to travel in the cabin, but actually sit in the sit right next to you! It is a great - not to mention the safest way to travel with your dogs. They do allow cats in the cabin, but they have to be in carriers and ok with the dogs.

The more people who go - the lower the price. If anyone is interested - please let me know. There are a lot of health requirements that have to be met to bring dogs to Hawaii, so we need to start the process.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:58 PM

Has anyone heard about the DogTravel Charters (advertised below)? It looks pretty good.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:41 PM

76 posts, read 198,271 times
Hi Melanie and Joie2!
Thanks for the posts! My goal is to try to get 18 people and pets and then get some serious quotes. If we end up with more people/pets, that would be great, but filling an 18 seat airplane would be great. I have a lot (over 20 people/pets) interested, out of that - 12 are very interested.

Joie2 - any chance you would consider a one way car rental to LA so you could fly out of there? We should talk and see what we can come up with! I am going to send you an email so we can talk more.

Melanie - it would be great if the timing works out. Just so you know - there are several of us traveling from the east coast, Virgina, Boston, DC. So perhaps if we get enough we can do a flight from DC to Honolulu with a stop on the west coast to pick up everyone else. We will have to see what we can work out. How great would it be to not have to drive across country??!! What do you think?

Old 04-30-2009, 08:26 PM

682 posts, read 2,794,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joie2 View Post
p.s. question on the Rabies Shots: the instructions say that you have to wait 3 months after the 1st shot. So if they have the first shot May 7th, then they must have the 2nd shot by August 7th, and then you have to wait 3 months more before they can leave? Is this correct?

If your dogs are 3, they should already be current on their vaccinations, yes? Here's what I had to do:

- blood titer
- after the blood titer, rabies booster (because her 3-year vaccination expired before my arrival date)
- send in documentation of the rabies booster *plus* the previous rabies vaccine
- just before arriving: health certificate

Total from blood titer to arrival was 4 months.

If your dogs haven't had any vaccinations already, you will need:
- blood titer
- rabies vaccination
- wait 90 days, get a rabies booster
- wait 90 more days before coming

If your dogs are on a 3-year vaccine and you have documentation of 2 rabies shots, then they just need the blood titer and no rabies shots at all. It's just a matter of whether you kept the paperwork or not.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:27 AM

Hi JollyDogs! Thank you--yes, let's talk!

Thank you for the info on the rabie shots, newUHProf! I have the check list from the web and will start taking care of that part of it.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:06 PM

3 posts, read 9,400 times
Default share hawaii charter

Quote:
Originally Posted by konabound View Post
Hi Jollydogs,
I'm sorry for posting twice but just found this thread also and wanted to make sure you got my message. Am interested in the charter flight with pets out of Long Beach you mentioned.
Let me know if its still your plan.
Thanks!
Hi, I would like to share a charter jet to hawaii. I have 5 dogs & need to fly them to hawaii but would like to cut costs by sharing a chartered jet so the pets can fly in the cabin with us. Anyone interested?? [EMAIL="kristilyn2003@yahoo.com"]kristilyn2003@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 05-02-2009, 03:08 PM

3 posts, read 9,400 times
Default share hawaii charter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gherkin314 View Post
If you see another plane looking to fill spots, maybe you could let JollyDogs know, or post it on here. A lot of people are in the same situation with getting dogs to Hawaii, myself included. Maybe we can all work something out!
Hi, I would like to share a private charter jet to hawaii. I have 5 dogs I need to fly to hawaii with them in the cabin with me. Anyone with pets interested in sharing the flight?? [EMAIL="kristilyn2003@yahoo.com"]kristilyn2003@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii