Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 06:07 PM

292 posts, read 949,297 times

Advertisements

I brought my Weim in tonight for a rabies shot. He already has an Avid chip. They readily found it with the scan.

His last shot was in 2007. They printed the certificate and the vet signed her sig in blue ink. Same thing with today's shot. My dogs have been going to the same vet since they were born, or since they were puppies so all the records are in one place.

The Danes go in on Saturday, they have HomeAgain chips and already had one rabies shot last Feb.
So we will wait 21 days and have the titers drawn and the countdown begins..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 06:18 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,592,258 times
Good luck it looks like you have it all in hand!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:39 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,053,862 times
Is blue ink the right color? I just signed some papers the other day which had to be signed in black ink. You may want to make sure blue is an okay color for official papers.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Is blue ink the right color? I just signed some papers the other day which had to be signed in black ink. You may want to make sure blue is an okay color for official papers.

Jolly Dogs said blue ink.. I guess the situation is that if it is black, they have to take the time to verify it is not a fax or other copy. So I had them use blue ink!!

Old 11-23-2009, 07:02 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,053,862 times
Well, if it works for them, that's a good thing. Doctor's records, they want signed in black ink and I remember someone from the mainland telling me about a huge paperwork deal where they had to have everyone resign things because of the wrong color of ink, so it seemed perhaps something they might not like, but they seem to have a good reason to use not-black ink, too.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Well, if it works for them, that's a good thing. Doctor's records, they want signed in black ink and I remember someone from the mainland telling me about a huge paperwork deal where they had to have everyone resign things because of the wrong color of ink, so it seemed perhaps something they might not like, but they seem to have a good reason to use not-black ink, too.
I can tell you this. There is nothing on that Dept of Ag web page that says anything about the color of ink. And if that becomes an issue when I am there, and they start talking about my dogs staying 120 days because of the color of ink, you will hear me screaming all the way to the BI!!

See this thread:

LAST CALL - Flight to Hawaii with dogs in cabin, October 28, 2009

Old 11-24-2009, 12:28 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,413,815 times
Default Better safe than sorry...

Aloha,
If I were you, I would call and email the AG dept in Honolulu and ask them what color ink is preferable or if it makes any difference at all and be sure to tell them why you are asking. DO NOT rely on anything another individual tells you, that includes your vet. Go to the source and get it in writing so you have the documentation because push does not come to shove once you land in Honolulu. If all is not as it should be...you loose!
Don't think you are going to get into a confrontation w/the AG reps and walk away smiling. They are very helpful, but they also play very very strictly by the rules and there are no ifs-ands-or buts about it. Don't mess around, get it in writing from the horses mouth.
Much Aloha.
Koale

Old 11-24-2009, 12:49 AM

91 posts, read 279,252 times
I heard through other people making the move that blue ink was preferable. Our vet had strict rules about ink colors though - vets only used black, office managers used blue, etc. (Strange, but whatever works).

So my papers were signed in black ink, and there were no problems, no delays.

But back to the point of the OP - Congrats on getting started and best of luck to you and the furry family!

Old 11-24-2009, 02:03 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,186,051 times
Aloha!Wahoo here you go down the long path! Good luck!

Your countdown to should start 4 days after blood is sent. At least my showed at Kansas after 4 days. The vet in Alsask said it is best to send it Mon- Wed so weekend wouldn't slow it down for showing recieved. Not sure if that is true but it was processed 4 days. Also make sure the vet puts on blood test it is for Hawaii entry so Hawaii gets a copy sent to them opposed to you having to also.

KSVDL Template
Here is the link in case you had to search for it - search for the test completed.

http://hawaii.gov/hdoa/ai/aqs/aqs-microchip.pdf
and the link to state entry date elgible for Hawaii with test info!!

Old 11-24-2009, 03:33 PM

150 posts, read 415,872 times
Default Congratulations!

We would like to celebrate your milestone with you by adding that we just received our Neighbor Island Inspection Certificate for Inspection at Kahului - YAY! (I'd like to thank my husband who completed all the paperwork and did all the legwork.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii