Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 03:38 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,511,243 times

Advertisements

I should add to my negative post that a pretty woman of any race or nationality will always get more aloha than a white male...Being a white male, I will get less of that aloha, by default.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 07:13 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times
Default huh...?

Well, I'm a white male and I get plenty of the 'Aloha Spirit' and most of it comes from pretty women...and their mothers...and their Aunties... and their Uncles and brothers and cousins... guess it depends on what sort of Aloha Spirit an individual tosses out to the Universe or feels within themselves.
Koale

Old 02-07-2010, 08:51 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,511,243 times
I have had some negative experiences - all on the roads - and all inside Hilo.
All of these incidents involved what appeared to be young local males and considering the circumstances, I was doing nothing stupid. No speeding, no horn honking, no lane changing, passing, etc. I don't drive a vehicle that looks like a rental car either.

I do get plenty of "Aloha Spirit" but not much from what are most likely local males.
I can give additional details via direct message if you want.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:04 PM

1,707 posts, read 7,034,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
I have had some negative experiences - all on the roads - and all inside Hilo.
All of these incidents involved what appeared to be young local males and considering the circumstances, I was doing nothing stupid. No speeding, no horn honking, no lane changing, passing, etc. I don't drive a vehicle that looks like a rental car either.

I do get plenty of "Aloha Spirit" but not much from what are most likely local males.
I can give additional details via direct message if you want.
I've been there and had similar experiences; I'm not quite sure were all the "Aloha is inside you" people live.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:29 PM

649 posts, read 3,444,330 times
IMHO:

Yes, the aloha spirit is alive. I experience it frequently. I give it and I get it.

No, it's not limited to Hawaii. I also experienced it in NY, and many other places around the world.

And yes, of course, there are bozos on every bus. Jerks, or more colorful language if you prefer, including but not limited to (don't you love that lawyer-language?) racists, fools, mean people, and frustrated angry people, of all ages, genders and ethnicities.

'nuff said. (actually, on this forum over the past 3 years, WAY more than 'nuff).

Live aloha.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:28 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,182,780 times
I will continue the article... does it always hahppen no but I am blessed more so than not. I believe in Aloha and for the most part - say 99% time find it.

"What is this thing they call Aloha?" by Robert James book Philoshper taken from a small blurd in a puplication for tourists.

It has been said that "aloha" has two differnt defininitions. "Alo" means the center or heart of the universe, while "ha" means the breath or spirit of the Creator.

It has also been said that aloha cannot be found outside of ourselves. I t can only be uncovered at the center of our hearts. That is where it lives. That is where is awaits us.

Once found, Aloha makes out lives whole, gives power to our words, fills our actions with purpose and assures that our every thought is of benifit to eachother and to the world around us.

Aloha is the essence of the Creators love, and when that love is expressed though our voices, our minds, out hearts and our hands, the world becomes a better place."

you might ask "how can this be?? There are millions and millions of hearts in the world, how can Aloha be found in mine?"

There is only one heart, one center, one spirit, on Aloha. Find aloha aat the core of your own being and you will have instanstly found it in everyone and everything.

Again by Robert James and don't always wear rose colored glasses - know realize what is going on around of you. You don't have to go out of the way -unless you think littering is out of way, giving more of yourself than getting is out of your way, being gracious and giving grace to others. No looking for anything from anyone else, not judging anyone else that isn't causeing a problem. Be giving?? Is that too hard to do?? Who cares if they give back. Down the road it may??

Does Aloha live on the BI I believe it does. And Yes I will give in... Yes it comes eaiser to woman then men..

Old 02-08-2010, 04:09 PM

11 posts, read 43,046 times
Hi10 nailed it. If you make an effort to show kindness and respect for the folks in Hawaii, it will come back to you tenfold. On the other hand, if you neglect to do this and act up-tight and introverted you'll probably come off like a snotty tourist and get a fair amount of "stink-eye". Keep a smile on your face and aloha will come to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii