Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 04:17 PM

8 posts, read 29,242 times

Advertisements

Vertigo or not.. can any one help?? I started to do a lot of exercise a few weeks back. One evening about 3hrs after a run I was sitting in front of my laptop and I started to feel a bit dizzy/ light headed. so later on I had a beer and it seemed to just go away. Next morning same thing nothing bad but just felt a bit dizzy I went on about my day. Again that evening I had a one bottle of beer and it went away. When I woke on the second morning again I was dizzy then I really started to worry. I went to the doctor told him what was happing. She asked me a few Qs like did I feel off balance?? I told her not really, but if I stand still I sway from side to side a little but that’s all, nothing spinning around me, I don’t feel like im going to fall over. I can walk fine just a bit dizzy all the time!!. She told me that I had a small bit of VERTIGO!! She gave me some tablets and as soon as I took them I felt great , dizziness gone, faintness gone, but as soon as I stopped taking the tablets I got dizzy again.. about 2 weeks later I was doing a small job to my house and I started to really feel dizzy, so I stopped but as the days went by I got really bad I don’t really know how to explain it but kind of like this tingly sensation all over, I was spaced out, I was sure I was dieing in fact I was rushed to A&E, just be4 I left my house I doubled up on tablets by the time I got to A&E it had calmed down. After spending 8 hrs waiting to get seen to a doctor had a look at me. I told him what my own doctor thought it was and he agreed after doing a few physical tests on me (eg) touch my nose then his finger ect…. I went home reassured that it was only vertigo. After that I got so bad that all I did all day was stay in bed NOT because I couldn’t walk but because of this scary awful feeling that I was having. I found that some times in the evening it would just go away why?? So that’s when I got on to the internet and looked at every thing I could find out about vertigo I discovered and tried (epley) For the first time in 2 weeks I could control my symptoms I cant tell you how much of a relief that was. Its been altogether now 6 weeks . now that the really heavy feeling has gone I can walk about again but only for short periods at a time after I walked about for 10 mins I have to go to bed and lye down for 20 min or until I feel a little better iv been to my doctor 6 times now and she keeps reassuring me that it defiantly vertigo. While I was researching vertigo on the internet iv seen 100s of other peoples story’s all much and much the same (I woke up and the place was spinning) ect… This is were my problem lies

I have Not had any miss balance, feeling like im going to fall over, room is spinning ect.. I have a slight wobble were I am swaying from side to side maybe 1-2cm if I stand still. but even at my worse my balance never got any worse that. Just that terrible feeling. I never felt sick, I feel like there is a brick on my head all the time, it seems that the common mediations used for vertigo work for me but I don’t have the usual symptoms that any one else gets.
It has me really really worried/frightened that I might have something else that every one else has miss diagnosed . Has anyone else had vertigo with out the usual symptoms?? Im after buying a home test blood sugar kit, every thing seems fine iv even tried eating some honey the see if id feel better getting more sugar but it makes no difference. Im just stuck at home feeling dizzy all the time iv got a lot of anxiety now too if I here a loud noise I jump, I hope people don’t come to my door, iv even turned my phone off I cant talk to people .. I just want my life back..and tis dizzyness to go away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 04:51 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,761 times
Wow, that sounds really scary. Sorry that's happening to you. I think you should see a neurologist or at least a different doctor for a second opinion.

Good luck!

Old 05-09-2010, 05:19 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,029,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbbo View Post
Vertigo or not.. can any one help?? I started to do a lot of exercise a few weeks back. One evening about 3hrs after a run I was sitting in front of my laptop and I started to feel a bit dizzy/ light headed. so later on I had a beer and it seemed to just go away. Next morning same thing nothing bad but just felt a bit dizzy I went on about my day. Again that evening I had a one bottle of beer and it went away. When I woke on the second morning again I was dizzy then I really started to worry. I went to the doctor told him what was happing. She asked me a few Qs like did I feel off balance?? I told her not really, but if I stand still I sway from side to side a little but that’s all, nothing spinning around me, I don’t feel like im going to fall over. I can walk fine just a bit dizzy all the time!!. She told me that I had a small bit of VERTIGO!! She gave me some tablets and as soon as I took them I felt great , dizziness gone, faintness gone, but as soon as I stopped taking the tablets I got dizzy again.. about 2 weeks later I was doing a small job to my house and I started to really feel dizzy, so I stopped but as the days went by I got really bad I don’t really know how to explain it but kind of like this tingly sensation all over, I was spaced out, I was sure I was dieing in fact I was rushed to A&E, just be4 I left my house I doubled up on tablets by the time I got to A&E it had calmed down. After spending 8 hrs waiting to get seen to a doctor had a look at me. I told him what my own doctor thought it was and he agreed after doing a few physical tests on me (eg) touch my nose then his finger ect…. I went home reassured that it was only vertigo. After that I got so bad that all I did all day was stay in bed NOT because I couldn’t walk but because of this scary awful feeling that I was having. I found that some times in the evening it would just go away why?? So that’s when I got on to the internet and looked at every thing I could find out about vertigo I discovered and tried (epley) For the first time in 2 weeks I could control my symptoms I cant tell you how much of a relief that was. Its been altogether now 6 weeks . now that the really heavy feeling has gone I can walk about again but only for short periods at a time after I walked about for 10 mins I have to go to bed and lye down for 20 min or until I feel a little better iv been to my doctor 6 times now and she keeps reassuring me that it defiantly vertigo. While I was researching vertigo on the internet iv seen 100s of other peoples story’s all much and much the same (I woke up and the place was spinning) ect… This is were my problem lies

I have Not had any miss balance, feeling like im going to fall over, room is spinning ect.. I have a slight wobble were I am swaying from side to side maybe 1-2cm if I stand still. but even at my worse my balance never got any worse that. Just that terrible feeling. I never felt sick, I feel like there is a brick on my head all the time, it seems that the common mediations used for vertigo work for me but I don’t have the usual symptoms that any one else gets.
It has me really really worried/frightened that I might have something else that every one else has miss diagnosed . Has anyone else had vertigo with out the usual symptoms?? Im after buying a home test blood sugar kit, every thing seems fine iv even tried eating some honey the see if id feel better getting more sugar but it makes no difference. Im just stuck at home feeling dizzy all the time iv got a lot of anxiety now too if I here a loud noise I jump, I hope people don’t come to my door, iv even turned my phone off I cant talk to people .. I just want my life back..and tis dizzyness to go away
I have had Vertigo mildly, and the more serious Labyrinthitis, that lasted three months, and for most of that I could not stand up, my eyes were uncontrollably darting around, the world was spinning, and I won’t go into the vomiting. What you have is really mild, believe me, it can be a lot worse.
One thing that is interesting though, ever since I had Labyrinthitis, I get Tinnitus if I am getting run down, so know to slow down and look after myself.

Out of interest.
Did you have your blood pressure checked?
This may sound odd, but beer raises blood pressure. This started after you had exercised hard. You may have low blood pressure, blood pressure is quite often lower in the morning. After the exercise, had you been taking isotonic drinks or anything to replenish your body’s salt levels? If not, you may want to try some.
I am not saying that it is low blood pressure, but it’s worth considering.

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 05-09-2010 at 05:32 PM..

Old 05-09-2010, 05:54 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
You could also be dehydrated.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I have had Vertigo mildly, and the more serious Labyrinthitis, that lasted three months, and for most of that I could not stand up, my eyes were uncontrollably darting around, the world was spinning, and I won’t go into the vomiting. What you have is really mild, believe me, it can be a lot worse.
One thing that is interesting though, ever since I had Labyrinthitis, I get Tinnitus if I am getting run down, so know to slow down and look after myself.

Out of interest.
Did you have your blood pressure checked?
This may sound odd, but beer raises blood pressure. This started after you had exercised hard. You may have low blood pressure, blood pressure is quite often lower in the morning. After the exercise, had you been taking isotonic drinks or anything to replenish your body’s salt levels? If not, you may want to try some.
I am not saying that it is low blood pressure, but it’s worth considering.

hi thanks for your advice the doctor has taking my blood pressure standing up ,lyeing down,sitting and found nothing wrong with it

isotonic drinks eh?? iv been drinking a lot of water ribena ect.... but not an isotonic drink is that like lucozade sport? what about Andrew's liver salts what that be worth a try?

Old 05-10-2010, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
You could also be dehydrated.

thats what i throught at the start but all the water iv drank has made no diffrance

Old 05-10-2010, 03:20 AM

could any 1 tell me how they got better??? did you just wake up one morning and it was gone or did you feel dizzy for weeks after the main spinning, ect... had stopped?

Old 05-10-2010, 03:35 AM

Quote:
hi thanks for your advice the doctor has taking my blood pressure standing up ,lyeing down,sitting and found nothing wrong with it

isotonic drinks eh?? iv been drinking a lot of water ribena ect.... but not an isotonic drink is that like lucozade sport? what about Andrew's liver salts what that be worth a try?

Blood pressure varies so much that it is hard to prove anything from a test in a Doctors surgery, and what counts for ok is very questionable, (we are all different). I use a little home blood pressure monitor, it’s accurate enough, and I can use it anytime, hence I get a true picture of what’s going on.

I just looked up Lucozade Sport, and it doesn’t look to be good enough for your needs, neither are Andrews Liver Salts. Some sports drinks appear to be ok, but I can’t name any.
You need something like Dioralyte, that is for replacement of bodily fluids lost as a result of acute Diarrhoea.
This comes in sachets, you add it to water, and drink it. It’s also a good idea, for your own safety, to use Dioralyte after any exercise that has caused you to sweat a lot.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:43 AM

Quote:
could any 1 tell me how they got better??? did you just wake up one morning and it was gone or did you feel dizzy for weeks after the main spinning, ect... had stopped?

It just took ages to very slowly get better.
I was still a bit dizzy after three months, I had used the tranquilizers that I had been given, so, I went to the Doctor again, but her attitude was, “so what”. I suppose it is just too hard to treat.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Blood pressure varies so much that it is hard to prove anything from a test in a Doctors surgery, and what counts for ok is very questionable, (we are all different). I use a little home blood pressure monitor, it’s accurate enough, and I can use it anytime, hence I get a true picture of what’s going on.

I just looked up Lucozade Sport, and it doesn’t look to be good enough for your needs, neither are Andrews Liver Salts. Some sports drinks appear to be ok, but I can’t name any.
You need something like Dioralyte, that is for replacement of bodily fluids lost as a result of acute Diarrhoea.
This comes in sachets, you add it to water, and drink it. It’s also a good idea, for your own safety, to use Dioralyte after any exercise that has caused you to sweat a lot.
hey thankyou for your help my mussus is going down to the shop/cem now to get me some of that. just rang my dad and he has 1 of those blood pressure monitors so she getting that to for me too i dont know what my blood pressure should be could you help?

im 26 male 6ft, 95kg/15.2 stone ill start cheacking it all the time, if you tell me what mine should be that would be great also if its lower/higher than what you say! how low/high is bad?

thank you for your help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness