Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 04:42 PM

677 posts, read 1,193,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJK View Post
I simply couldn't stay in hospital and have to endure paternalistic doctors who speak to you like you are a 5 year old.
That's typical. You are surely much better at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 02:08 AM

168 posts, read 314,344 times
I wanted to try to go to work today but I'm still too tired. Don't know about tomorrow.But I'm also fed up of being in bed.

Forgot to tell that I ended up getting 15 stitches in my arm.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:07 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,523,637 times
As an EMT and retired Ski PAtroller, I have seen your reaction many times in individuals who had actually suffered a severe closed head trauma. Mark Donohue is an example that always comes to mind:
From wikipedia:
"Midway through the 1975 F1 season, Penske abandoned the troublesome PC1 and started using the March 751. ....
. A track marshal was killed by debris from the accident, but Donohue did not appear to be injured significantly. .....
Moderator cut: 1-2 sentences and link
A headache resulted, however, and worsened. After going to the hospital of Graz the next day, Donohue lapsed into a coma from a cerebral hemorrhage and died"

Old 06-01-2013, 08:46 AM

I was able to work from home throughout the week. I'm absolutely fed up of being in bed. Felt a bit dizzy on Thrusday but have been okay so far. I'll go back to work on Monday. Bruises are their worst, it'll take a lot of time for them to disappear.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJK View Post
I was able to work from home throughout the week. I'm absolutely fed up of being in bed. Felt a bit dizzy on Thrusday but have been okay so far. I'll go back to work on Monday. Bruises are their worst, it'll take a lot of time for them to disappear.
You've had more than enough rest, you should be okay.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:36 PM

Woke up dizzy yesterday and ended up staying at home one more day. Went back to work today but on a lighter schedule. I wanted to stay until 6 PM but my boss showed up to "kick me out".

Old 06-04-2013, 06:39 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Well so much for your bright idea about not wanting to miss work, when you first had the accident and really -needed- to go to the hospital, but refused when the ambulance came to take you.

You've missed work already. And you've been stuck working part time at home, spending days and days and days in bed, being dizzy...

Because why? Because you didn't want to miss work, and you don't get along with your father.

You have a *brain injury.* You've already been diagnosed, you should've gone to the hospital in the first place - and then the second time, when you actually went, you should've been admitted instead of insisting on going home. You *obviously* were not able to get the care you needed at home - or you would've been better by now. Concussions are nothing to play around with. They can kill. You're lucky to be alive, and you were foolish to reject the medical care that was recommended to you.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Well so much for your bright idea about not wanting to miss work, when you first had the accident and really -needed- to go to the hospital, but refused when the ambulance came to take you.

You've missed work already. And you've been stuck working part time at home, spending days and days and days in bed, being dizzy...

Because why? Because you didn't want to miss work, and you don't get along with your father.

You have a *brain injury.* You've already been diagnosed, you should've gone to the hospital in the first place - and then the second time, when you actually went, you should've been admitted instead of insisting on going home. You *obviously* were not able to get the care you needed at home - or you would've been better by now. Concussions are nothing to play around with. They can kill. You're lucky to be alive, and you were foolish to reject the medical care that was recommended to you.
My father is the one who doesn't get along with me. I will compensate the company later by working an extra 2 hours a day.

And well, my boss is out of town for the rest of the week so that way I can follow my normal schedule. Besides, who said I'm not better by now?

Old 06-05-2013, 12:50 PM

523 posts, read 3,804,964 times
Quote:
Besides, who said I'm not better by now?
Noone self discharges the day after a cerebral haemorrhage.

Noone frets about not being able go to work, or work fulltime just days after a cerebral haemorrhage.

If you had had a cerebral haemorrhage, you most definitely wouldn't be better by now.

Or next week.

Or next month.

Or possibly even next year.

So in answer to your question, I say you are not better by now, but to clarify, your problem has nothing to do with an imagined cerebral haemorrhage.

You might also want to think twice about continuing this ridiculous charade, which trivialises a condition which is fatal for a significant number of people, and permanently disabling for an even greater number.

While we're at it, if your father really was a doctor, Im very disappointed that you haven't absorbed enough medical information over the years to put a bit more effort into constructing a slightly more convincing story.

Like I said weeks back, this thread always smelled fishy.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronenborg View Post
Noone self discharges the day after a cerebral haemorrhage.

Noone frets about not being able go to work, or work fulltime just days after a cerebral haemorrhage.
Who says?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness