Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Should My Next Step Be?
Ignore, This is Normal, It Will Resolve Itself 0 0%
Get Second Opinion, This Doesn't Seem Right 0 0%
Go See A Doctor Immediately, Hives Are Really Bad Sign 0 0%
Seek Legal Counsel, This Shouldn't Have Happend Like This 1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:25 AM

2 posts, read 93,323 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone out there had experienced what I am experiencing now. I had a full abdominal hysterectomy October 3, 2007. I thought my recovery was normal, there was a lot of pain, but this procedure wasn't supposed to tickle! I am 29, but I have lived with Endometriosis for well over 10, 11, 12 years, so pain has always been a part of my adult life. After so long, you learn to ignore most of it and only focus in on the pain that makes you double over. I'm not on any HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) so I had hot flashes and night sweats for about a month after surgery, but then it all stopped. I thought I was just lucky!

Fast forward 3 months after surgery and I start to break out in hives all the time. My skin was crawling and it drove me crazy, but I didn't think it had anything to do with the surgery so I self medicated and went on with day to day. I still had lingering pain, but like I said, I just ignored it.

Fast forward to 5 months after surgery and now I'm having noticable pain in lower left abdomen. I call in sick to work and try heating pads and rest, only to wake up the next day with my abdomen looking like I was 6 months pregnant. I go to ER, have CT Scan and Ultrasound and they find abdominal masses. Ultrasound tech says it looks like an ovary! They admit me, and break the news that they will have to do a full abdominal surgery all over again to go in and inspect! I did well, but they pulled out Necrotic Hemorrhagic Corpus Luteum Cyst and necrotic fragments which basically means they pulled out a rotting, bleeding ovarian cyst and a couple of small rotting pieces of flesh! Oops, I don't have ovaries and the info I find online says that these cysts form on ovaries or from ovarian eggs. Because it was necrotic, the cyst fell apart in his hands when he touched it. He couldn't really tell if it was attached to abdominal wall since it just fell apart. The pieces that really concern me are the small rotting fragments that weren't attached to anything, where the heck did they come from?

Now I don't know how these types of cysts form when you don't have any of those parts anymore, and I don't know how those pieces grow to 3cm and rot within 5 months. Is this normal? Can a cyst form that quickly, get that big then rot that bad in 5 months? Has anyone out there had this? I asked the doc if this is something he left behind, and he was unsure! I asked if he got it all or if I would be back in another 5 months for another surgery and he was again unsure! To make matters worse, the doctor is concerned because I have no menopausal symptoms. There may be more ovarian tissure floating around somewhere! I asked if he looked around while he was in, and he said h didn't think he saw anything else. Now I'm breaking out in hives again and it's only been a little under 3 weeks since my surgery. Should I be scared? Please resopond if you have experienced anything like this at all.

Thank you!

Last edited by lakerchick34; 04-10-2008 at 07:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 46,363 times
I also had a full abdomial hysterectomy on dec.28 2007. I started having pain , so on aug.7 2008 i had a cat scan and learned that they left behind my left ovary with a 3cm cyst on it. My medical records say they took it out and even the patholigst report confirms it!

Old 08-09-2008, 08:47 PM

799 posts, read 2,168,296 times
Corpus Luteal Cysts normally form during the beginning of a pregnancy and are fueled by estrogen and progesterone. They resolve somewhere about 12 weeks, if I am remembering right.
You may have just had a hemorrhagic cyst. If there is ectopic ovarian tissue, that is, tissue that is not in the right place, in your pelvis, and what was found was necrotic, they need to address this.
Cysts can form and resolve quickly. Sometimes, they are a dominant follicle on the ovary, but they usually don't get excited about anything under 1 centimeter. Or unless it shows signs of complexity, meaning, there is debris, blood flow, or solid components.
Have you had an ultrasound or MR done to see what is going on?

Old 08-12-2008, 06:02 PM

2 posts, read 93,323 times
I am so sorry to hear that they left it in! I have pics of what they found in me and removed. When I had a pelvic ultrasound, the ultrasound tech thought it was my ovary she saw. When I saw the pathology report, it just said it was rotting cysts they found. They weren't attached to anything, so I can only guess they left them in. Now I'm going to a Gastro because I'm still having pain and they are unsure of what is causing it. They did an abdominal ultrasound, but they only saw the pieces last time when they did a trans-vaginal ultrasound. I'll let you know what they find. Good luck to you in the mean time.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 45,036 times
I have had a lump or possible cyst now for probably a couple of months and my stomach is bigger than it should be. However, two ultrasounds could find nothing. What would that mean?

Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 44,923 times
lakerchick34 the same thing is happening to me.i had a full hysterectomy in jan 2008..now they said there a 7cm cyst with fluid around it..!!!!i dont know what do do.....any suggestions?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 44,342 times
Default Same Problem Plus More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerchick34 View Post
I was wondering if anyone out there had experienced what I am experiencing now. I had a full abdominal hysterectomy October 3, 2007. I thought my recovery was normal, there was a lot of pain, but this procedure wasn't supposed to tickle! I am 29, but I have lived with Endometriosis for well over 10, 11, 12 years, so pain has always been a part of my adult life. After so long, you learn to ignore most of it and only focus in on the pain that makes you double over. I'm not on any HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) so I had hot flashes and night sweats for about a month after surgery, but then it all stopped. I thought I was just lucky!

Fast forward 3 months after surgery and I start to break out in hives all the time. My skin was crawling and it drove me crazy, but I didn't think it had anything to do with the surgery so I self medicated and went on with day to day. I still had lingering pain, but like I said, I just ignored it.

Fast forward to 5 months after surgery and now I'm having noticable pain in lower left abdomen. I call in sick to work and try heating pads and rest, only to wake up the next day with my abdomen looking like I was 6 months pregnant. I go to ER, have CT Scan and Ultrasound and they find abdominal masses. Ultrasound tech says it looks like an ovary! They admit me, and break the news that they will have to do a full abdominal surgery all over again to go in and inspect! I did well, but they pulled out Necrotic Hemorrhagic Corpus Luteum Cyst and necrotic fragments which basically means they pulled out a rotting, bleeding ovarian cyst and a couple of small rotting pieces of flesh! Oops, I don't have ovaries and the info I find online says that these cysts form on ovaries or from ovarian eggs. Because it was necrotic, the cyst fell apart in his hands when he touched it. He couldn't really tell if it was attached to abdominal wall since it just fell apart. The pieces that really concern me are the small rotting fragments that weren't attached to anything, where the heck did they come from?

Now I don't know how these types of cysts form when you don't have any of those parts anymore, and I don't know how those pieces grow to 3cm and rot within 5 months. Is this normal? Can a cyst form that quickly, get that big then rot that bad in 5 months? Has anyone out there had this? I asked the doc if this is something he left behind, and he was unsure! I asked if he got it all or if I would be back in another 5 months for another surgery and he was again unsure! To make matters worse, the doctor is concerned because I have no menopausal symptoms. There may be more ovarian tissure floating around somewhere! I asked if he looked around while he was in, and he said h didn't think he saw anything else. Now I'm breaking out in hives again and it's only been a little under 3 weeks since my surgery. Should I be scared? Please resopond if you have experienced anything like this at all.

Thank you!
Hey there, I know what you are going through plus some more! Long story made short I went through the partial first with just uterus out! Then started having severe pain! Went back to the doctors and explained the pain! Lower left and in back , hurt when walked and everything!! Well after a couple of exams ultrasounds!! (that kept coming back read the ovaries and uterus are fine and normal!!!) Well after two test done these at different times I really hit the roof with my doctor and told them look I tell the techs every time I have a ultrasound that I do not have a uterus and I told my doctor to pick up the phone and call them and tell them to read it again!!!! So then they finally come back and tell me that well apparently we have been seeing a cyst that we thought was your uterus!!! So I had a cyst attached to everything as big as a uterus!!! Talk about upset!!! Well when they went in to get it I told them to go ahead and take the ovaries both!!! out~~~ So that was in 2003, then again in 2004 had another ovarian cyst removed!! (came back from what??) then had that one removed!!! Then again in 2006 had to have yet another ovarian cyst removed along with bladder tacked back! (this time I told this doctor different from the other one that had suppose to removed everything!!! before!! when I went and saw her about this cyst in 2006 she acted like it was no big thing, just take Ibuprofen and live with it!!! I am like yeah right with all this pain!!! Anyway this time with the new doctor in 2006 I was like get all you can scrape out what you need too without actually hurting me!!!! So now it is 2008 and been doing pretty good all but now went to ER with sharp pain in lower left pelvic area. Here I thought my bladder had dropped again and I was having pain from bladder. Well they did blood work and also urine test. All was ok. Then did ct of pelvic and belly. They then came back and told me that I had another ovarian cyst on my left side!! (that the reason I was having pain is because it was a bleeding cyst!!!) So now they want to watch and see if it will bust or grow!! It is now 1.5 inches by 1.3 inches!!! So that is where I am at!! I want to get it out while it is small so they can go through the belly button! Instead of letting it grow!! However big it wants too! Then have to cut me big time to take it out!!!!
I guess you could say my ovaries just don't want to go Away!!!!
Let me know how you are doing now??
You are not alone!! I was begining to think that I was the only one that this has happened too!!!

Old 07-08-2009, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 42,819 times
Unhappy current ovarian cyst after hysterectomy

I am 32 years old and i had a hysterectomy done 6 years ago. I had severe endometriosis as well as adenomiosis on my uterus. They decided to leave my tubes and ovaries in because i was so young.
Now i have been dealing with alot of pain and such for a few years now after surgery. Last year i went to have a checkup with my NP and was told by her that my cramping and pain was all just due to the fact that i was still ovulating and told me it was no big deal. This year, my husband and i both have gotten sick of the pain i have been in, for it does not help our intimacy as well as other aspects of my life; and yesterday i found out from a real gyn dr., that i have a 3.0cm complex cyst filled with debris, and get this, another cyst is formed inside that one. That explains all the pain i think. I'm not sure whats going to happen with this. I have to wait 3 weeks to go back and have them ultrasound it again. I wish they would've just taken them out while they were in there. I mean, its not like having them hanging around in there will let me have anymore children anyways.LOL
Has anybody ever heard of this happening after a hysterectomy? Or the whole "cyst within a cyst"?
Any replies would be great. Thanks.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:09 AM

947 posts, read 3,138,600 times
I'm sorry to hear about all these horror stories. I've been having vaginal sonograms the last couple of months - I go for another one in August because I have a cyst filled with fluid that my OB is keeping an eye on. I'm no sure what "fluid" means exactly but now I'm more frightened if they have to go in and remove it. It sounds like a pretty invasive procedure.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 42,662 times
Hellos all, I know what all of you are going though and I am so sorry. I have been though it all myself. I name is Shantelle. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2003, Interstitial Cystitis in 2007, and I had a partial hysterectomy in May of 2008. I also suffer migraines and IBS. I have had 3 endoscopies, 5 laparoscopies, 3 cystoscopy, 2 uro-dynamics, 1 colonoscopy, c- section and an ectopic pregnancy. It is hard out here trying to get people to understand what you are going thru. Even the damn docs act like the kinda stupid....LOL we havta find our own way. I was also diagnosed with a cyst on my left ovary (1.9 by 1.8) last Monday at the ER (went to the ER because I was in extreme pain) and I had to make the doctor give me the sono. He just wanted treat me for the pain. I was like sir. If you treat me for the pain and I leave.....still in pain what am I suppose to do??? He and I went back and forth 5 times before he gave me a sono... I mean what is it to him if I get a sono.. I have insurance!!!! Just give me the damn sono. I am in serious pain here!!! He saw that I had a history of Endo and migraines and he just wanted me out of there because he thought I had chronic pain..... I tell ladies, we go thru so much with doctor’s to get an answer, but we have each other. We are the only ones that really know what we go through. I have lost so many due to this condition.........being in pain all the time. At least I have a daughter, since I can't have anymore children. Due to my severe Interstial Cystitis I am in the bathroom 55 times a day and in terrible lower pelvic and back pain. I don't get any sleep due to the frequency. I have a doctor’s appointment on 8/19 to get injections for my migraines and back pain....hope it works. I am also; going to get something called the Interstim....we will see how it works.... :-) I am trying to get my life back. I will keep you posted!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness