Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 06:54 AM

677 posts, read 1,193,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJK View Post
Well, I'm very adamant of not clogging up hospital's ERs. The cut in my arm still bleeds occasionaly, it was from the driver's window breaking but it seems clean. I move my neck as easily as possible, it feels like it's tired but not hurting.
Everyone should be as sensible as you are. No wonder people complain about waiting too long in the ERs. 90% of the cases aren't serious enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 07:54 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Totally AGREE about "not clogging the ER" but after an accident you go. Period. I mean, come on. That's pretty legitimate. If nothing was wrong you would have been out in less then a day.

And your dad won't look at you because he won't get paid? Really? I kind of doubt that, man. And if true your dad is a .... peach.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:05 AM

523 posts, read 3,805,684 times
odd post - not sure if you are asking whether you should go to hospital or not...the day or two after a car accident are usually more painful than the time immediately after the accident - and most of the time this is due to muscle sprains...if there are specific symptoms you are concerned about (for example, if you hit your head, blacked out, and are now experiencing nausea/vomiting/dizziness) then it would be sensible to get checked out, likewise if you have wounds that need tending to. if you have no significiant injuries, then naturally you shouldnt go to the hospital at this point.

the context of the accident is also important - a 30mph head on into a concrete wall is a lot different that driving into the back of someone who is also moving forward.

not sure why your father wouldnt give you advice, though, unless he feels his particular specialty is so far removed from being relevant, that he doesnt feel qualified to - does seem very strange, though.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 AM

168 posts, read 314,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
And your dad won't look at you because he won't get paid? Really? I kind of doubt that, man. And if true your dad is a .... peach.
My father is only nice if you show him $$$. And he would probably be glad if I was injured. Besides, he would tell my mother and I don't her to worry about me.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I think you should go to the er indeed because when it comes to any legal proceedings you will find that they will use this against you . Im sorry but you should have gone to the er when the police insisted on it . Please get checked out there could be something seriously wrong . I wish you well and indeed hope you are okay .

Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
As an EMT a visit to the ER to be checked out is very prudent. The effects of neurogenic shock may show up some time afterwards. Being checked will make sure there's nothing broken like a neck or other issues that could result in death or lifelong disability.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
If you cannot imagine ever bringing a claim for damages against the drive of the other car for personal injuries, I guess from that standpoint, its irrelevant when you go to the hospital (or if you ever do).

However, please don't delude yourself that you can "wait as long as you want" before doing this and that it won't interfere with your ability to seek compensation at some future date.

Insurance companies love people who delay getting treatment who dither and dally about getting medical treatment. It gives them the opportunity to claim that something else happened in between the time you got in the accident and the time you went to the doctor and that is the real reason you have a problem.

Medically, you can have conditions which are not immediately apparently. Some people rupture discs in their neck and back and don't know it for weeks or months afterwards because of the medical processes involved. I also know one gentleman who had a hematoma in his brain that was only diagnosed ten weeks after his accident.

My advice would be find the the time to go to the hospital and get worked up. If you don't, just remember there may be consequences to not doing so.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
It sounds like you already made up your mind before you even posted, so I'm not sure why you posted?

Are you looking for a diagnosis on the internet? No one here can give you one. A doctor can. If you refuse to go to a doctor, there's really nothing anyone can do for you, because no one here has any possible way of knowing the extent of your injuries.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Problem: Smash car, sustain multiple injuries indicating medical treatment is required.
Solution: Don't go to hospital, but make new user account on relocation website and ask about it.

Answer: Either your concussion was so bad your judgement is ruined, or this thread is another put on.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:21 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,540,413 times
A family member had a car accident, and didn't followup on it. Found out late about multiple fractures in the neck. In this instance, the bones had healed on their own.

But what if they hadn't?

Better to be safe than sorry. At least go to your own physician, your car insurance should cover the exam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness