Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 05:52 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,736 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone

I have been on the Mirena for almost 5 years. I have been diagnosed with

1) adiopathic facial pain : I feel extensive pain on my eyes & cheeks & according to two neurologists this is a kind of headache? Funny thing is there no pain on the head itself but at the back of my eye as though I had sinus as well as on the jaws occasionally but mostly on the back of the eye. Ps: Have done MRI tests to discredit TMJ etc.

2) Dry eyes

3) cartilage problems on feet

***I'm linking all this to the Mirena because before this I was as healthy as a horse.

Anyone else here has/had probs with the Mirena?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 03:30 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
Why not just knock off the mirena...see how you feel after a couple of weeks or so...If I had your symptoms (and was "as healthy as a horse" before the mirena), I wouldn't hesitate.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:17 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
If you are gung ho about not wanting children then get a tubal ligation.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:19 AM

Can Mirena cause chronic headaches? at Mirena IUD Injuries & Side Effects, topic 1178324

That was one link I found about Mirena causing headaches. But I only got those maybe last year and I have been on it for three years.

I''m just always sick but my tests come out clean. I have been tested for everything including HIV and everything is fine.

Yes IMO it could be the mirena. I'm 100% sure it causes hair loss. So many testimonials.

I will have it removed now I'm scared because once you remove it you suffer from the Mirena crash.

I'd be greatful for any thoughts & ifo
What do you ladies think of the Mirena? Before I went on it, If I got sick it was only the flu.

Now I just have a kind of facial pain that translates into eye pain. I have been to 7 eye doctors. Eyes are fine. Then I wound up seeing a neurologist who said I have headaches. The headache has a special name starts with a P. I forget the medical term

Okay guys its Saturday here & I'm reading everywhere that if you have headaches you should get it removed. I wonder if it would be normal to go to emergeny for removal right now or should I wait till Monday?

Last edited by angrymillionaire; 08-31-2013 at 10:40 AM..

Old 08-31-2013, 11:04 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,482,498 times
All those symptoms are listed as potential (mild?) side effects in all the sites I checked. I would go off it and use another method.

Reasonable that there would be symptoms in a portion of the population using the IUD since it also releases a drug and there are those patients that will be affected by the drug.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:44 PM

Anyone else think its odd that these severe headaches started maybe two years into the Mirena, also the facial pain. Those have been the most excruciating symptoms, but years before that there was the ""bearable"" swelling & just averall feeling sick even then & that's when the hair loss started

Old 08-31-2013, 04:54 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,482,498 times
I bet whatever is affecting your body from the mirena is getting worse because your body is having more and more issues with the drug. Keep going and it appears it will just get worse.

I had severe allergies and the doctor said that each episode built on the previous one and that they would only get worse until I could remove the allergen. He was right.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:00 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Anyone else think its odd that these severe headaches started maybe two years into the Mirena, also the facial pain. Those have been the most excruciating symptoms, but years before that there was the ""bearable"" swelling & just averall feeling sick even then & that's when the hair loss started
You have know way of knowing what kind of toxic chemical load your body can take. Good lord, if I suspected something like this, I would have taken the stupid thing out immediately. I cannot imagine the damage that you may have done to yourself.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-31-2013, 05:10 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,533,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
No. Just as your body can develop a resistance to pain killers at any time, you can also develop it from Mirena. Find another method and have it taken out.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:45 AM

Thanks everyone. I want it out ASAP its just annoying that I have to wait till I have a doctors appointment. After this I will use condoms, I want to be chemical free for a while. Tubal litigation seems too extreme for me. I like the possibility that if I change my mind about having kids which is unlikely, I still could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness