Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:44 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,951,104 times

Advertisements

Never fails, a troll questions and then answers. I can't wait for the question:

"Do you eat food and if so why?"

Old 08-28-2013, 11:45 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times
I wash my hands with soap and water -
1. After using the bathroom.
2. After handling my hermit crabs.
3. After working in the yard.
4. Before preparing/handling food.

When I'm in the wilderness, and there is a lack of soap and water, I usually have a Wet Wipe in my pocket or rucksack (don't you love that word?). Not a big believer in those antibacterial liquids, except in extreme emergencies.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:09 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,422,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Who wouldn't use soap and water to wash their hands? What would be the alternative other than to just be a walking germ spreader?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
What's the 3rd part of the question?
Question 3:So since most believe that the only way to clean your hands is with soap and water, why do you (collective) only use dry toilet paper to wipe your butt ? And still call yourself clean?

Old 08-28-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Question 3:So since most believe that the only way to clean your hands is with soap and water, why do you (collective) only use dry toilet paper to wipe your butt ? And still call yourself clean?
You asked about hands. You didn't say anything about our (collective) anus. You may remove your head from yours and start another thread.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:35 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,422,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
You asked about hands. You didn't say anything about our (collective) anus. You may remove your head from yours and start another thread.
It's a legitimate question and the point behind it.

Hand soap
Face wash
Shampoo
Skin cleanser (?) the stuff that gets blackheads out
Mouthwash / Toothpaste
Hell, there are even items to keep lady parts clean.

But all we do is use a piece of paper to wipe our behinds? And call ourselves clean?
Discuss.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:53 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:
It's a legitimate question and the point behind it.

Hand soap
Face wash
Shampoo
Skin cleanser (?) the stuff that gets blackheads out
Mouthwash / Toothpaste
Hell, there are even items to keep lady parts clean.

But all we do is use a piece of paper to wipe our behinds? And call ourselves clean?
Discuss.
In a store near you! Maybe you can try it one day!

Flushable Wipes: Freshmates Flushable Wipes From Charmin | Charmin.com

Old 08-28-2013, 12:53 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
Quote:
The truth is that you should not use soap on your exit area anyway. Just wipe and walk. When showering water will do. The anal area has its own oils that help with the process. We are hoping that you are wiping just after the waste comes out and not waiting for it to dry up. On top of that any issues with your poop that is on your body is also inside your body. These are not things that will make you sicker, you already have them in you. Washing our hands is to keep outside problems from entering our body. When we are at work we wash before and after entering a patients room. I don't want to take anything in or bring anything out. Washing our hands after using the facilities is to get the germs from the facilities off our hands and just in case you happen to get a little waste on you, it sure does seem cleaner to wash it off. Once again we would hope that you are wiping your problem away. LOL

Old 08-28-2013, 02:42 PM

Currently, I have two gross of Cottonelle wipes in my linen closet. I buy them at Sam's Club. They are used regularly in my bathroom. Why on Earth would you draw the conclusion, based on a hand-washing question, that we (collective) don't attend to our other hygiene? For all you know, there may be many of us (collective) who have a bidet.

You have clearly never studied Logic.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM

774 posts, read 1,693,745 times
Quote:
Three (3) part question.
I can't believe people even respond to these nitwit threads

Old 08-28-2013, 03:24 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
Not me!!! I wash my bum very thoroughly after using the toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.