Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 09:46 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
Here is a more affordable option. They can cut your existing tub and install a step. You can do it as a shower only option or with a water tight door so you can still take a bath. One of my relatives had the cheaper shower only option installed and it works great. I think it was a bit less than $1,000 installed.

If you have the bath version installed you have to wait for the tub to drain before you can exit. Might get a bit cold.

Home | Products | CleanCut: Walk-in Tubs, Tub Conversion
Wouldn't such tubs be difficult to clean? Add onto the cost of a cleaning lady
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 05:49 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
I second in-home consultation with an occupational therapist.

We have a walk-in tub in our home. In addition to the cost of installing the tub, we needed to install an on-demand hot water heater as our old hot water heater did have sufficient capacity to fill the tub.

It takes forever and a day to fill and nearly that long to empty. I get in and out of it with a step stool.

Still, it is easier than hoisting myself out of our regular tub even with a grab bar.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:32 AM

4,939 posts, read 3,316,689 times
Thanks for all the answers.

I called my health care insurance and the lady said help aids are not refunded anymore under new health care insurance rules, things that got excluded from the policy etc.
One has to see if one applies to the rules of getting them via gov social services and she was quick to add most people do not get any help as it is related to income/salary.
Rules of health insurance change regularly here both of things in the policy and how much refund and she said mobility devices like crutches/walkers etc is also pay your own, should I need those in future.

The hot water machine does produce enough hot water but my outer brick wall has cold seepage allthough this is a modern insulated house, allthough the bath tub was insulated , the water gets cooled of too quickly. My tiled heating floor same issue cold seepage...

The inflatable cube I am still on the sites browsing see if I find it again. Where I live I google searched this morning the local med device aids shops, they only have tiny little footstool with stubby nonslip feet to place in bath, it is still way too low to get onto.

The shower chair I was allready planning on getting one soon. Still choosing which one and some where out-of-stock so that is in the planning.

I still clean my own bath tub. Not all at once. But I do this also to keep moving for circulation movement etc

Therapists do not come to home here, one has to go to them, the equipment is there, driving to patient is loss of time etc

I am in EU and it is lots of rules here. (One of the reasons my cardiologist went with early retirement.)

Old 11-09-2015, 08:04 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
Thanks for all the answers.

I called my health care insurance and the lady said help aids are not refunded anymore under new health care insurance rules, things that got excluded from the policy etc.
One has to see if one applies to the rules of getting them via gov social services and she was quick to add most people do not get any help as it is related to income/salary.
Rules of health insurance change regularly here both of things in the policy and how much refund and she said mobility devices like crutches/walkers etc is also pay your own, should I need those in future.

The hot water machine does produce enough hot water but my outer brick wall has cold seepage allthough this is a modern insulated house, allthough the bath tub was insulated , the water gets cooled of too quickly. My tiled heating floor same issue cold seepage...

The inflatable cube I am still on the sites browsing see if I find it again. Where I live I google searched this morning the local med device aids shops, they only have tiny little footstool with stubby nonslip feet to place in bath, it is still way too low to get onto.

The shower chair I was allready planning on getting one soon. Still choosing which one and some where out-of-stock so that is in the planning.

I still clean my own bath tub. Not all at once. But I do this also to keep moving for circulation movement etc

Therapists do not come to home here, one has to go to them, the equipment is there, driving to patient is loss of time etc

I am in EU and it is lots of rules here. (One of the reasons my cardiologist went with early retirement.)
Maybe this is the inflatable bath lift: Bath Buddy Bath Lift

The way it works here is that the occupational therapist helps the patient find ways to perform daily living tasks, like dressing themselves, getting in and out of the bath, etc. so it makes sense for them to come to the house, since that's where the patient would be performing those tasks, and the setup of each house is different, so might require different adaptive devices.

My parents have one of the shower chairs, not a bath lift but just a chair for the shower. There seem to be two different kinds, a longer one that you can sit on outside of the tub and then slide over, so you don't have to lift your legs to climb into the tub until you're in a sitting position, and a smaller chair that stays inside the tub and you climb in the tub and just sit on the chair when you need to rest. We bought the smaller one for my mom when she was recovering from an illness and too weak to stand for very long, and she liked it enough that she kept using it after she was recovered.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:25 AM

4,939 posts, read 3,316,689 times
To Hedgehog_Mom

Thanks for posting the link.

The one I saw is similar to what is shown on link but I think it was a bit higher of sitting height, so less bending to sit down on it.
I think it was a USA site will keep looking thanks again for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness