Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 08:50 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,420,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nccoast View Post
OP - Meditation and yoga, while useful, are not the best way to avoid strokes. Exercise, weight control and periodic EKGs would be better. My mother was 5' tall, 95 lbs, and quite active. She had a series of devastating strokes which ended up killing her. It turned out she had afib (atrial fibrillation) and that was the main reason behind her strokes.
My mother's stroke was also called by AFib. A blood clot formed in the area near her heart, and traveled to her brain, causing the stroke.

High Blood Pressure, Afib and Your Risk of Stroke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 09:08 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanG_O View Post
I've been thinking that meditation and/or yoga are the best ways to avoid having a stroke. My mother died from a big one at eighty three. I have hypertension, two dogs that bark so loudly and often that my ears have been ringing for six years, my daughter and her son "hate" each other and I never see them anymore (which is just as well I suppose but I miss him) and my husband watches tv from 8am to 9pm with lots of naps in between due to his many health issues. He is hard of hearing so it's not like the tv is quiet. I continue to worry about when he will hit the ground next. He has fallen so many times.
People are here right now pressure washing right on the other side of this wall and I can't find my earphones or whatever they're called. TIA
In young adult to middle aged women, an increased risk of ischemic ones is linked to diet soda intake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness