Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 10:32 AM

2,893 posts, read 2,141,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwunswer View Post
Can someone deny a dialysis and then ask to be put to sleep instead? If not then what is the process of someone dying because they didn't get the dialysis, I don't want a slow death when I reach that point and I dont want a dialysis
i will repeat this:

sure. just like your health you can be in charge of your death or what treatments you want/don't want and refuse dialysis. doubtful anyone would put you on a transplant list since you're not willing to take care of yourself now. after tx self care issues will be more numerous.

regardless of what/who passed on a propensity to develop high blood pressure in the end none of that will matter, will it?

oregon might be a good fit for your end of life concerns.

no one is going to make you go to dialysis. the choice is yours.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:10 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
My Dad was on dialysis for the best part of 10 years,at first he was reluctant to go on dialysis but the doc informed family members it was dialysis now or hospice.He came to be thankful for the extra time in his life he derived from the dialysis treatments,he got to interact with friends and family for an extended period. and we were all glad he got an extra 10 years of life.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:14 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Can someone deny a dialysis and then ask to be put to sleep instead? If not then what is the process of someone dying because they didn't get the dialysis, I don't want a slow death when I reach that point and I dont want a dialysis

If you have that much disrespect for the life you've been given i'm sure there are bridges in your area that you could use to accomplish your path to self destruction without wasting doctors time.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:26 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
A friend who had 3 kidney transplants and when the 3rd one rejected after having it 14 yrs, she chose not to do dialysis and she's been gone for probably 6 yrs or so. Her choice. She had no children so that I'm sure factored into her decision. She was a nice friend and a good piano teacher. Resting in Peace now.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-27-2017 at 12:54 PM..

Old 07-27-2017, 01:23 PM

96 posts, read 39,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
A friend who had 3 kidney transplants and when the 3rd one rejected after having it 14 yrs, she chose not to do dialysis and she's been gone for probably 6 yrs or so. Her choice. She had no children so that I'm sure factored into her decision. She was a nice friend and a good piano teacher. Resting in Peace now.
I believe in reincarnation

Old 07-27-2017, 02:11 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Just put yourself to sleep - sleeping pills are cheap and easy to come by - problem solved!

Old 07-27-2017, 05:01 PM

7,646 posts, read 4,596,067 times
Quote:
I believe in reincarnation
So before you go, given that this has conspired against you, you may ask yourself what purpose were you to serve given the limitations. What evolution in this life was your soul to experience? You still decide whether this life is a step forward or backwards. Reincarnation is not immediate. Shortening your planned life...I'm not sure it that affects it or not. The time where the soul is without a body is to reflect on what was learned.

What I can say is that if you accept your current life, you can find peace with it. You can build additional karma. Different purpose. Not everything we have to learn is interesting. However, if there was ever an opportunity for enlightenment, already forgoing the wants of this lifetime may be a bigger opportunity than you realize. The joys of your past life are gone, but perhaps much of the stresses from it are as well. At least try on your new life. It doesn't hurt to try does it?

Old 07-27-2017, 11:27 PM

6,147 posts, read 4,508,901 times
Stop wasting your time and read this person's other post:
//www.city-data.com/forum/menta...aid-girls.html

Old 07-28-2017, 12:58 PM

96 posts, read 39,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
Stop wasting your time and read this person's other post:
//www.city-data.com/forum/menta...aid-girls.html
and while everyone is at it they can read one of your posts. This guy doesn't even know how to move a bank account

//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...e-my-bank.html

Old 07-28-2017, 01:22 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Playing childish games about bringing other threads into the mix, to bring people down. It's done to me and really not necessary...it's the gotcha game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness