Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 10:19 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,773,199 times

Advertisements

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24558033

I have a couple friends who are challenged with Crohns and one is not open to try LDN and I just sent the other friend info on LDN and Crohns.

I'ts used by many MS patients and with positive returns.

I tried it before hip replacement in 2010, as I would try just about anything to avoid that surgery. It did NOT work for the issue I had, bone spurs on a arthritic groin.

This is an RX medicine in case others do not know that.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:28 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
It doesn't look like the study results were very good.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-08-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It doesn't look like the study results were very good.
There are other studies but I posted just 1.

Here's another one:

http://www.gidoctor.net/client_files...DN-for-IBD.pdf

Old 10-08-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
There are other studies but I posted just 1.

Did you read this one? I have no idea about LDN or Chrohn's, but the info you posted doesn't speak highly of it, but says more studies are needed.

Why post this, if there are ones that support what you are saying more?

Old 10-08-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Did you read this one? I have no idea about LDN or Chrohn's, but the info you posted doesn't speak highly of it, but says more studies are needed.

Why post this, if there are ones that support what you are saying more?

Mikala, good grief, I chose one and IF anyone wants to learn more, they can do searches. LDN is used for many issues. Even RA I've read.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:42 PM

More on this "inexpensive" drug that isn't pushed much as profits are negligible for pharma.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...al-itself.aspx

Old 10-08-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
More on this "inexpensive" drug that isn't pushed much as profits are negligible for pharma.

How odd. I've never had a problem with a doctor prescribing a lower cost drug if asked.

What is the price difference between this drug that shows little effectiveness, and the standard treatment for Crohn's?

Old 10-08-2017, 05:43 PM

Mercola's point is, he is not a pharma drug person but in the case of LDN he is in favor of it and it probably wouldn't matter what the cost is...but it is very inexpensive. I take the older drug atenolol and my doc put me on that first way back. It was cheap cheap, but my last refill I was a bit shell shocked at the increase in the prices of my few meds.

When I gave LDN a 6 month chance, I even made up my own solution from a 25mg naltrexone tablet my MD gave me a script for. I was so into it and got a lot of support from the LDN forum members...I was so desperate NOT to do a hip surgery, but the drug did not do it for me.

Old 10-08-2017, 05:54 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,234,079 times
Quote:

ANYTHING that is published by Mercola should be considered nonsense until proven otherwise

The man is a quack pure and simple his only concern is his own bottom line profit margin...

"Mercola.com is a horrible chimera of tabloid journalism, late-night infomercials, and amateur pre-scientific medicine, and is the primary web presence of Joseph Mercola. Unfortunately, it is also one of the more popular alternative medicine sites on the web and as such is uncommonly efficient at spreading misinformation"
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/9-r...-natural-news/

Old 10-08-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
ANYTHING that is published by Mercola should be considered nonsense until proven otherwise

The man is a quack pure and simple his only concern is his own bottom line profit margin...

"Mercola.com is a horrible chimera of tabloid journalism, late-night infomercials, and amateur pre-scientific medicine, and is the primary web presence of Joseph Mercola. Unfortunately, it is also one of the more popular alternative medicine sites on the web and as such is uncommonly efficient at spreading misinformation"
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/9-r...-natural-news/
Quack and nonsense are biggies in your vocabulary. Makes me think about my sister and with MS and how she would tell me about this new drug and that new drug and the $25K price tags, but she and husband came up with money to try them and she would not give the LDN a chance as many take it who struggle with MS...she's gone in spite of all those high priced NEW drugs. Of course, those high priced MS docs didn't even murmur LDN to her. Talk about the sins of medicine. Not Fair, She loved Life.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-08-2017 at 06:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness