Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 08:19 PM

703 posts, read 612,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Let me test you. My doctor diagnosed the problem in a minute. The only symptom was swollen arm pits. What was my problem and what was the cause?
But, did the doctor make the right diagnosis? My doc diagnosed me immediately too. Wrong on everything. And more than once. And this was more than one doctor. So it's wasn't a case of one idiot and I caught the golden beebee. It was a sort of professional "State of the art" everywhere I went.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 08:33 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Actually I'm surprised you (and others) don't know there are maybe half a dozen websites where you can order and pay for your own bloodwork and urinalysis labs to be done - THAT'S what you don't need a doctor for...as long as you know how to interpret them, which is also not always straightforward.
Thanks I know that but why should I pay for my once a year labs? I like my integrative MD...and see her once or twice a year. Why assume and think I don't like my MD. I just don't run to doctors for every little boo boo.

I like to work on issues that are a little off in my annual labs. Like when potassium is low end of range, I'll work with extra potassium for more energy.

And when D comes in lower than I'd like, I work with that on my own.

I read my labs pretty closely and work to make the changes I'd like to see.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:42 PM

17,577 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Web sites for medical issues are notoriously incorrect.

Use at your own peril.
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2018, 10:26 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallstaff View Post
But, did the doctor make the right diagnosis? My doc diagnosed me immediately too. Wrong on everything. And more than once. And this was more than one doctor. So it's wasn't a case of one idiot and I caught the golden beebee. It was a sort of professional "State of the art" everywhere I went.
Yes, he did.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:50 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Oh! I wanna play.

Every single one of my lymph nodes was inflamed. What was it? I'll even help, 99% of the cases are HIV or cancer, but that wasn't it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-23-2018, 11:10 PM

6,300 posts, read 4,197,862 times
Quote:
Let me test you. My doctor diagnosed the problem in a minute. The only symptom was swollen arm pits. What was my problem and what was the cause?

Spray deodorant allergy

Old 07-23-2018, 11:29 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,300,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Oh! I wanna play.

Every single one of my lymph nodes was inflamed. What was it? I'll even help, 99% of the cases are HIV or cancer, but that wasn't it.
"Rarely, a medication can cause the problem."

https://www.medicinenet.com/swollen_...es/article.htm

wild guess: a weird drug side effect

Old 07-23-2018, 11:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Spray deodorant allergy
Pretty close. Infection from accidentally using an anti perspiration instead of just deodorant. It was a Christmas gift and I didn’t catch it.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:34 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Shaving under your arms and using antipespirant...

Old 07-24-2018, 12:47 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
I had a friend who was never away from the doctors for minor things that others like myself wouldnt bother about... one day she was sitting and kept rubbing the top of her foot..........I asked her what was wrong, and she said Im off to the doctor Im awfully worried, about this lump on my foot... I had one look and said asked her,, Were you wearing laced shoes .. she said Yes................I just smiled. but she still made sure she saw the doc.. he sent her to have an x ray..........not a thing wrong.... now surely a doc should look first for the most common thing....some people just like attention too... where Ive given up on doctors.. last time I saw mine , quite a new doctor, nice man.... I tried with him to get help for my chemical allergies which Ive had for years ... he told me that maybe in 20 years stem cell therapy might be able to help but in the meantime no.. just avoidance to all the things that make me ill............which is everything.. so Im like a prisoner in my own home apart from the park with my dog.... he then went on to tell me about his own sons peanut allergy...I just stared at him..... and asked him why its taking so long to take this illness MCS seriously by the medical profession and why nothing has been done to help me in over fifty years..................It doesnt kill you or cant be given to others.. maybe thats why.... and why I find my own help with supplements.. even when I mentioned Leaky Gut he looked puzzled... another invention by so called crackpots who want to find answers that doctors wont.. so yes I google and often to find answers, thankully now there are loads of sites I can join and talk with others..unlike 20 years ago when there was nothing at all or hardly anything to help....Since 11 years ago Ive been a volunteer contact for Allergy UK to try and guide others what not to use with the condition and alternatives they can use around the house and for personal use....at least I can give small pieces of information to others. something doctors dont seem to bother about.. If they dont know how to cure it they ignore it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness