Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 01:04 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times

Advertisements

Every time I google my ailments I end up diagnosing myself with, like, a stage eleven brain tumor. Maybe people less histrionic than me can work with Dr. Google, but I need to see a real doc with some realistic perspective, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 01:59 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Shaving under your arms and using antipespirant...
Never shaved

Old 07-24-2018, 02:32 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Every time I google my ailments I end up diagnosing myself with, like, a stage eleven brain tumor. Maybe people less histrionic than me can work with Dr. Google, but I need to see a real doc with some realistic perspective, lol.
its not just googling that makes mistakes.. doctors do too, big ones.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:40 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
. another invention by so called crackpots who want to find answers that doctors wont.. so yes I google and often to find answers, thankully now there are loads of sites I can join and talk with others..unlike 20 years ago when there was nothing at all or hardly anything to help....Since 11 years ago Ive been a volunteer contact for Allergy UK to try and guide others what not to use with the condition and alternatives they can use around the house and for personal use....at least I can give small pieces of information to others. something doctors dont seem to bother about.. If they dont know how to cure it they ignore it...
I think the internet has been great for overall health. I will give an example as to my cat. 20 years ago my I was dependent on my vet for my cat's health. That got me cats that lived to about 7 and usually died a painful death. The vet never told us what was wrong and really had no clue. Since the advent of the internet I can get so much more good information on how to keep my cat healthy in the first place. But also, I can order supplements off amazon that help him, tests for him that don't involve blood...

There are entire websites devoted to cat issues such as kidney failure that have great blunt detailed information. All done by cat lovers / owners who really care.

I have pretty much stopped going to the vet. My vet blackmails me to get my cat some medication so I have to go on occasion but... my cat is now 12 years old.. happy and healthy. I continue to look for ways to avoid the vet totally.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:18 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,381,989 times
Quote:
its not just googling that makes mistakes.. doctors do too, big ones.
Oh my - let's put them out of business and do surgery on each other while googling the procedure!

Old 07-24-2018, 06:30 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The states have systems to track immunizations. Georgia's is GRITS.

https://dph.georgia.gov/georgia-immu...registry-grits

This provides a place to keep track of immunizations but not a reminder system.

PA's is PA SIIS:

https://www.health.pa.gov/MyRecords/...x#.W1Zo2NVKhhE

Thanks Suzy! Good links. However I was wondering about the pharmacies taking over the much of vaccination scheduling. They have a vested interest and most pharmacies now have somebody on staff that can administer shots. I know that many doctors send out emails or call to tell their patients that it is now time for a vaccination. Then we have to make an appointment. With many of the pharmacies, even the ones in grocery stores, one can simply walk in. Of course, there is a chance if the pharmacies were responsible for all vaccinations, that they would have long lines.

Perhaps I am just asking if the system can be tweaked so that our pharmacies took more of the burden off our doctor's offices? Of course I do not know what I am really asking so it is always great to have a professional around!

Old 07-24-2018, 06:30 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,945,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Let me test you. My doctor diagnosed the problem in a minute. The only symptom was swollen arm pits. What was my problem and what was the cause?
8 Potential causes right here with all the symptoms and information you could need to determine the cause.

https://www.buoyhealth.com/symptoms-...ollen-armpits/

Old 07-24-2018, 06:36 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,945,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Clearly and exaggeration that can't be taken seriously. Last time I asked a poster like you for a specific example, I was provided one and easily found her diagnosis on the second result right there in front of her!

Old 07-24-2018, 06:59 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Clearly and exaggeration that can't be taken seriously. Last time I asked a poster like you for a specific example, I was provided one and easily found her diagnosis on the second result right there in front of her!
If you’re talking about me that’s incorrect. Your link showed arthritis of the big toe joint or degenerative arthritis. I have neither. Diagnosing the wrong type/location of arthritis makes your diagnosis wrong. Claiming otherwise is like saying you diagnosed lung cancer when it was liver cancer and claiming you were right because it was a cancer.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:06 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Um, if you read my posts you’d know that my diagnosis via Google was incorrect. I went to the doctor just knowing I had either a stress fracture or extensor tendonitis. But, I didn’t. It took an actual MD and an X-ray to correctly diagnose the issue. She outlined how to mitigate the issue going forward and lo and behold, no more foot pain.

I find it laughable that some are 100% mistrustful of anything a doctor tells them despite their years of training and practicing medicine and yet are 100% accepting of what a search engine says. Go figure.
Doctors used to recommend smoking and , told patients oxycodone would not cause addicting. I don't trust doctors. After years of telling me, "...there is nothing wrong..." Found out I have crps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness