Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 03:21 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryScaredGirl View Post
Happy to hear. Is the OP the same in America like in Germany???
I would assume so. Here most often it is done using a telescope inserted through a small incision in the navel with two other small incisions for insertion of other instruments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffoKThdqo4I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 03:29 PM

70 posts, read 44,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I would assume so. Here most often it is done using a telescope inserted through a small incision in the navel with two other small incisions for insertion of other instruments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffoKThdqo4I
Ok seems pritty much the same. Guess I have to stop acting like a Baby and get it done. My Doctor will give me the transfer paper for hospital thing tomorrow. Had to decide which Hospital I want for the OP but I dunno if am sure jet ;(

Old 06-10-2019, 06:17 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I had it removed laparoscopicly and went home the same day. No muss no fuss, and no problems. I was so happy to be out of pain.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-10-2019, 09:40 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,870,537 times
I had mine out on a Thursday and was back at work on Monday. I can't say I was ready to run a marathon or go horseback riding, but I got through the day. I was a little tender in the abdomen for a couple of weeks, but other than that, no bad effects.

You will have to watch your intake of greasy food for a while until your body adjusts to the changes in your digestive system, but if you have any problems, there is medicine to help out.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:51 AM

I did read that lots of people get out of hospital in the same day or the following day?? Here I never heard of this. Going to my doctor now so scared I feel so sick

Old 06-11-2019, 06:12 AM

I can have surgery on 4. July.... Seems a bit long. I think I will call an ambulance in the coming days and stay there

Old 06-11-2019, 10:07 AM

159 posts, read 287,059 times
I had mine out on a Saturday, back at work on a Monday. 3 small openings which were stapled and heeled pretty quickly. I have no problems eating anything I want without express throughput.

I was told it would have burst in a week. Good riddance!

Fear not!

Regards,

Dave

Old 06-11-2019, 10:42 AM

1,013 posts, read 724,840 times
I’m sure you will be glad you had it removed. I had several gallstones too and the attacks of pain were awful. This surgery is quite common and rarely has complications. I stayed overnight in the hospital. Recovery was fairly easy, I had cold and when I coughed, I needed to hold a pillow against my stomach because it was still tender.

Good luck!

Old 06-11-2019, 10:53 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
I can have surgery on 4. July.... Seems a bit long. I think I will call an ambulance in the coming days and stay there
I know you are frightened, but try to be brave. Be thankful for modern medicine. The laparoscopic surgery for gallbladder is very safe and you will recover quickly. After a couple of days of discomfort, you’ll feel fine.

Afterwards, you probably won’t notice any difference without your gallbladder.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
That does sound like a bit of a wait- I know it's painful but the doctor must not consider it an emergency right now. Can you ask him about pain medication which might help you get through the time you're waiting? That and eating small non-fat meals as you can tolerate them might help too. Possibly if the doc has a cancellation or otherwise available spot to get you to surgery before July 4, he could fit you in. Also be sure to let him know if you become much sicker, ie, you run a high fever, notice you're becoming jaundiced ( yellow), or you have severe unrelenting pain around the middle to the left side of your abdomen, and/or you have severe vomitting and can't keep anything down.

I've also known lots of people (including many family members) who have had gallbladder surgery, and had no problems with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness