Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 09:38 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times

Advertisements

I know, we don't like to talk about the things that are suppose to be between consenting adults........or the lack there of.

To borrow from the situations of Mork & Mindy where Mork is interrogating the psychiatrist, who wants to commit him, through word association.......

Mork: Black, Shrink: errr, white!
Variable? ummmmm, geometry! (that one wasn't actually used, borrowed it from another TV show)
Sex? uhhhh, pamela! To which point, Pamela, his associate, stands up, "YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER TELL!" and runs from the room crying.

The thing is, they do ask these questions, just as they ask if you smoke, take drugs, drink and such, and it really doesn't help them, the patient, to lie....regardless of how personally unpleasant it is.

Hence, recently, I had to admit that I like both boys and girls........and then put down the clarifier that still it is few and far inbetween.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:40 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJolt View Post
Uff, it was a woman who did the ultrasound itself?

I would have turned my back and gone away if I got that surprise.

Well of course you would, you've done that with everything so far, with no cute woman in site.

Grow up, these people look at body parts all day, it is their job, they do not care about anything besides doing their job.

At the very least, tell the schedulers that you are painfully shy and what your preference is for staff.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-19-2019, 09:46 AM

29 posts, read 14,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Bottom line is that you have an unknown growth on either your penis or testicles (I'm unsure which) such that cancer must be ruled out. It could be that or something benign.

Yet you're too "shy" to have it looked at and diagnosed because someone might see your wee wee.

As you grow older you will likely have to go through more medical procedures which could be "embarrassing" such as a prostate biopsy (not to mention the yearly digital exam), colonoscopy, maybe a heart catheterization which accesses your femoral artery in your groin.

Or you can let this go until something bad happens.
Hmm those are all optional. People will only go through that if they really want to.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:56 AM

45,355 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Hmm those are all optional. People will only go through that if they really want to.
Well, the prostate biopsy and colonoscopy are real useful for ruling out cancer. You know, the **** that will kill you painfully and cause you to have interesting body attachments like a colostomy bag.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:57 AM

10,352 posts, read 7,984,186 times
Quote:
No, those tests are not all optional. Once a person develops symptoms, they are necessary for diagnosis.

Don't allow your anxiety to control your life. Medical testing can be embarrassing and unpleasant, but avoiding needed medical care until it's too late is ultimately far worse.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Well, the prostate biopsy and colonoscopy are real useful for ruling out cancer. You know, the **** that will kill you painfully and cause you to have interesting body attachments like a colostomy bag.
Well, still optional nonetheless. The doctor can suggest all the exams he wants but in the end you decide to go through with them or not.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:03 AM

45,355 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
No, those tests are not all optional. Once a person develops symptoms, they are necessary for diagnosis.

Don't allow your anxiety to control your life. Medical testing can be embarrassing and unpleasant, but avoiding needed medical care until it's too late is ultimately far worse.
When I had my last heart attack and had a catheterization for stent implantation through my femoral artery my cardiologist ran a nursing class by while he inspected the incision. Twenty five or thirty young nursing students (male and female) getting to inspect a cut right next to the subject of this thread.

Mildly embarrassing? Maybe, but more surprising. The one student was really attractive but she had some incredibly crappy homemade tattoos.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
When I had my last heart attack and had a catheterization for stent implantation through my femoral artery my cardiologist ran a nursing class by while he inspected the incision. Twenty five or thirty young nursing students (male and female) getting to inspect a cut right next to the subject of this thread.

Mildly embarrassing? Maybe, but more surprising. The one student was really attractive but she had some incredibly crappy homemade tattoos.
That's still a choice, I guess.

A friend had to make an adjustment to his knee and was asked if he minded if a class watched. He said that he didn't want them there and that was it.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:14 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,648 times
Quote:
No, "people" go through all sorts of things they DON'T really want to. But they do if they have a concern and value their health. And life. It's the rare person who is clamoring for a colonoscopy. "Oh, I can't wait until my five years is up so I can do that again!"

You have a concern but, hey, it's your lump.

So, why are you here again? Just wanted to complain about the doctor? Just want to argue? Good job on that.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
No, "people" go through all sorts of things they DON'T really want to. But they do if they have a concern and value their health. And life. It's the rare person who is clamoring for a colonoscopy. "Oh, I can't wait until my five years is up so I can do that again!"

You have a concern but, hey, it's your lump.

So, why are you here again? Just wanted to complain about the doctor? Just want to argue? Good job on that.
Nothing else. I will continue to monitor the lump.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness