Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 09:10 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,860,991 times

Advertisements

Why am I feeling that OP is an attorney trying to gauge the interest/ support for one of those ridiculous class action suits. . .

Old 09-17-2020, 05:22 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,884,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Why am I feeling that OP is an attorney trying to gauge the interest/ support for one of those ridiculous class action suits. . .
Oh.. I wish I was. Maybe in the next life. I have said what my reason for posting was, and this is a discussion on my theory.

However, there will be many many people (like my daughter) who does not want to stop putting cosmetics on their face and lotions on their arms and legs, etc for the reason "just in case it might cause or contributes to breast cysts" - thats fine.

Thats probably because we all have things which are dear to us and maybe looking good while we have health is better than being healthier and looking not-so-good (as we perceive it). Our hang-ups are very powerful emotions and we all have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul
The world is icky.....your food and water is not pure, never has been.
Ditto that for the environment and also what gets on your skin. The amount of chemicals in the cosmetics you you put on your skin is tiny........normal use will cause negligible impact on your health.
The amount of chemicals (as you put it) is negligable if you only put your cosmetics or lotions on once. However, it is the continual application and build-up morning and evening, day in and day out which I feel might contribute to cysts. Also, as I said, the 'natural products' may include hormones or hormone-like substances from other animals as well as humans both of which might upset your own secretions. As I said, I dont know, I just suspect - and this is for discussion.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 09-17-2020 at 05:33 PM..

Old 09-17-2020, 07:09 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,423,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Oh.. I wish I was. Maybe in the next life. I have said what my reason for posting was, and this is a discussion on my theory.

However, there will be many many people (like my daughter) who does not want to stop putting cosmetics on their face and lotions on their arms and legs, etc for the reason "just in case it might cause or contributes to breast cysts" - thats fine.

Thats probably because we all have things which are dear to us and maybe looking good while we have health is better than being healthier and looking not-so-good (as we perceive it). Our hang-ups are very powerful emotions and we all have them.

The amount of chemicals (as you put it) is negligable if you only put your cosmetics or lotions on once. However, it is the continual application and build-up morning and evening, day in and day out which I feel might contribute to cysts. Also, as I said, the 'natural products' may include hormones or hormone-like substances from other animals as well as humans both of which might upset your own secretions. As I said, I dont know, I just suspect - and this is for discussion.
Well if we want to play the "I feel this is true" game - I feel that the air is so filled with toxins that didn't exist before cosmetics were invented, that it's actually the air causing cysts. We need to all stop breathing the air.

Old 09-18-2020, 05:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
So, have you never had a reaction to something which got on your skin? You think the redness, swelling, itching or pain is only surface deep? How do you think the body knows something 'foreign' has come into contact with its skin? Because that foreign substance got into the body and caused a reaction which caused the defence system to kick into action.

You see, you believe because you want to think it is alright to continue putting this stuff on your skin.

Of course, my theory might be completely wrong and you may be correct, but it probably IS true that most of what we put on our skin the body knows about and reacts to, if it is harmful to our system. Think of allergy tests, think of poison ivy, stinging nettle, etc. Yes, these things I have just mentioned pierce our skin, but lotions, cosmetics, etc actually advertise, they actually say it themselves, it penetrates deep down to where the wrinkles start...and the blood vessels flow.

My agenda is that my daughter has just had a medical and they discovered she has breast cysts. Many women have these, so I thought it was probably a topic worth exploring and what causes them does not get enough attention.
We are not talking about a reaction to something that may leave a rash or your skin or a sore, we are or you are talking about simple lotions, etc getting into your blood stream. There is a huge difference.

BTW you have every right to your opinion and I have every right to mine. I just happen to think your's is pretty far fetched. That does not make me right.

Oh and let me mention breast cysts are very common whether one uses lotions or eats garbage or is a vegetarian, no connection at this time between what you are thinking and cysts.

Old 09-18-2020, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Well, I'm not going to go as far as to say cosmetics cause cysts, but I'll share what happened to me.

I used to get hives every day for years. I would use ice or rubbing alcohol to relieve the itch. I went to a new doctor and he came in to talk to me about my alcoholism and how much I drank. I didn't drink. It was the rubbing alcohol on the skin.
That would be a funny story if it were so sad and uninformed.

Old 09-18-2020, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

Or just someone that has a pretty unusual idea on what causes conditions.

Old 09-21-2020, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
We are not talking about a reaction to something that may leave a rash or your skin or a sore, we are or you are talking about simple lotions, etc getting into your blood stream. There is a huge difference.

BTW you have every right to your opinion and I have every right to mine. I just happen to think your's is pretty far fetched. That does not make me right.

Oh and let me mention breast cysts are very common whether one uses lotions or eats garbage or is a vegetarian, no connection at this time between what you are thinking and cysts.
I think most people would agree that when we are ill, it is usually attributable to something we are either doing or not doing as we live our life, which is placing an unnatural burden on our body. Maybe we are eating too much, or drinking too much, or some other factor which is excessive and which affects our body's ability to get rid of waste products.

You say it does not make you right, but you think you are more correct than I am. By your comments you put down my ideas but you have no basis for your opinion. You are arguing against my theory for what reason? What basis do you have for believing it is baseless?

Most breast cysts appear in women. Many women use cosmetics, lotions, creams on their skin morning and evening, day in, day out. What goes on the skin often will get taken into the bloodstream, as can be seen by the patches we use for various conditions.

At least I have a valid reason and support for my theory(hypothesis). The fact that you dont agree with it, does not make it wrong, it just makes it an unproven hypothesis. Yet, you are trying REALLY hard to put it down for seemingly no reason. Why?

Maybe you exposing your true agenda?

Old 09-21-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I think most people would agree that when we are ill, it is usually attributable to something we are either doing or not doing as we live our life, which is placing an unnatural burden on our body. Maybe we are eating too much, or drinking too much, or some other factor which is excessive and which affects our body's ability to get rid of waste products.

You say it does not make you right, but you think you are more correct than I am. By your comments you put down my ideas but you have no basis for your opinion. You are arguing against my theory for what reason? What basis do you have for believing it is baseless?

Most breast cysts appear in women. Many women use cosmetics, lotions, creams on their skin morning and evening, day in, day out. What goes on the skin often will get taken into the bloodstream, as can be seen by the patches we use for various conditions.

At least I have a valid reason and support for my theory(hypothesis). The fact that you dont agree with it, does not make it wrong, it just makes it an unproven hypothesis. Yet, you are trying REALLY hard to put it down for seemingly no reason. Why?

Maybe you exposing your true agenda?
wow Happy days to you!!!! Does someone have a chip on their shoulder because some think their ideas make very little sense?

As for when we get ill it is because of something we have or have not done? Many times this is true, many times it is not.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
wow Happy days to you!!!! Does someone have a chip on their shoulder because some think their ideas make very little sense?
As for when we get ill it is because of something we have or have not done? Many times this is true, many times it is not.
Hohum, again not really saying anything, nor answering points raised. Maybe 'someone' just likes to have the last word perhaps?

I think anyone with an orthodox view of medicine is not going to acknowledge the wisdom of our body, mainly because when we have serious illnesses the medical men try to poison it with chemotherapy, cutting parts off or out etc. The US is pretty much going down that road but in Europe if you asked a homeopath what to do about breast cysts, they might even give you some homeopathic pills which effectively removed the cysts. In Switzerland for example, they use homeopathy and recognize how effective it is, so alternative and orthodox exist side-by-side together.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:18 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
The OP's got a lot of great points. We need more caution in this area, and really anytime we're talking about applying products to our skin; beyond cosmetics. This applies to men too, and any products.

Our culture and society is quick to support and promote products for the skin - no questions asked - and short on pausing and thinking / researching what we're actually getting into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness