Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 06:59 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,884,777 times

Advertisements

I will tell you what I believe and then you can see if it makes sense to you.

Everything we put on our skin goes into our blood and gets carried around our body. You know this because doctors give us smoking patches, hormone patches, contraceptive patches, all kinds of drugs are delivered through skin patches, so it is a fact that what we put on our skin goes into our blood.

Our body has to deal with the stuff we put on our skin in the same way it deals with everything - which is to eliminate what it cannot break down and use or store it (heavy metals, excess fats, chemicals, etc.) The main organs of elimination are liver, kidney, gut and skin.

I believe that parts of medicinal creams we put on our skin will be effective locally for burns, cuts, spots, etc but it still has to be eliminated by the body and so do all the cosmetic chemicals and 'natural products' you put on your face, legs, arms, hair, etc. Anything which cannot be eliminated gets stored in breasts, and other fatty tissue areas of the body.

Could it be that the breast cysts women have might be caused by the cosmetics they place day and night on their face, arms, legs, neck, etc?

Doctors cannot tell us or even hint that cosmetics are a cause of build-up in the body because the cosmetics industry is so large and powerful. They would immediately put pressure on the medical authorities to make sure that a doctor who advocated stopping all cosmetics would not be practicing for long. This targeting of people who speak out against powerful industries has been done in the past, and will continue to be done in the future. Unfortunately, money talks and has a powerful (often negative) influence on our lives.

Of course, this is only a theory, but it is based on known ways the body works. The body DOES store substances it cannot use or cannot eliminate and where the organs of elimination are weak, then maybe the body decides to store is easier than to process and eliminate?

So, shills of the medical profession and cosmetic industries, have at it. Let me see why this does not apply.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:15 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,423,368 times
No, it's just wrong, on so many levels. Mostly on a molecular level. Certain things can absolutely pass through the skin into the bloodstream. But most things cannot. Give it a moment's thought. Just a moment, that's all you need. If it were true that anything you put on your skin could get into your bloodstream and create cysts in your breasts - then you would be DROWNING every time you took a shower or bath, or swam in a pool.

In addition, women who don't use any cosmetics or skin creams, who have cysts on their breasts, combined with all women who use this stuff but do NOT have cysts - would be another proof that you're wrong.

Furthermore, science, anatomy-physiology, basic chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics - just flat out doesn't work that way.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
No, it's just wrong, on so many levels. Mostly on a molecular level. Certain things can absolutely pass through the skin into the bloodstream. But most things cannot. Give it a moment's thought. Just a moment, that's all you need.
From your answer, it does not seem that you have given it even a moments thought.

OK, lets start with this

Quote:
Certain things can absolutely pass through the skin into the bloodstream. But most things cannot.
This is obvious. I am not saying ANYTHING you put on your skin goes into your bloodstream am I? However, there are many medications which use patches as methods of delivery. Are you saying they dont work and we are wasting our money?

Quote:
If it were true that anything you put on your skin could get into your bloodstream and create cysts in your breasts - then you would be DROWNING every time you took a shower or bath, or swam in a pool.
Now you are being ridiculous. Again, I am not saying ANYTHING you put on your skin goes into your bloodstream am I?

Quote:
In addition, women who don't use any cosmetics or skin creams, who have cysts on their breasts, combined with all women who use this stuff but do NOT have cysts - would be another proof that you're wrong.
Yes, of course there are women who have breast cysts and who do not use cosmetics. I did not say ALL breast cysts were caused by cosmetics.

Quote:
Furthermore, science, anatomy-physiology, basic chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics - just flat out doesn't work that way.
Which way? Dont be vague, be specific.

As far as I can see, this post is largely misdirection. Next.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:00 AM

3,445 posts, read 2,423,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
From your answer, it does not seem that you have given it even a moments thought.
OK, lets start with this

This is obvious. I am not saying ANYTHING you put on your skin goes into your bloodstream am I? However, there are many medications which use patches as methods of delivery. Are you saying they dont work and we are wasting our money?

Now you are being ridiculous. Again, I am not saying ANYTHING you put on your skin goes into your bloodstream am I?

Yes, of course there are women who have breast cysts and who do not use cosmetics. I did not say ALL breast cysts were caused by cosmetics.

The topic, which YOU created, is about COSMETICS (etc, whatever etc means, you were vague). You used medicinal creams as an example, though medicinal creams aren't cosmetic. But you used it to explain how you understand that certain ingredients get absorbed into the bloodstream and certain ones don't, and went sideways in your thinking that certain ingredients ended up in the breasts of women (specifically and exclusively).

This might be true for certain ingredients of certain medical topical applications. I don't know, I didn't check for actual scientific data on it. You make the claim that it does. Seems to me you read this in a whale.to article or maybe an alt-med website, or heard it from a guy who knows a woman whose babysitter's mom does the hair of a dermatologist's receptionist who read the envelope from a report that passed by her desk.

But your point, as you wrote it, was this:
Quote:
I believe that parts of medicinal creams we put on our skin will be effective locally for burns, cuts, spots, etc but it still has to be eliminated by the body and so do all the cosmetic chemicals and 'natural products' you put on your face, legs, arms, hair, etc. Anything which cannot be eliminated gets stored in breasts, and other fatty tissue areas of the body.
You bolded this yourself for emphasis. The word "anything" has a pretty well-known definition. You can check it out yourself. Even within the context of the paragraph you posted, it's clear: you are referring to "cosmetic chemicals and 'natural products'" applied topically. The implication is that if I were to smear some pure shea butter (a natural product) on my chapped lips, and then developed breast cysts, there is a connection between the two.

I'm telling you - there is not. That connection does not exist. Putting cosmetic products and "natural products" on your skin does not cause breast cysts. It's up to you to prove that they do, since you're the one who came up with this ridiculous idea. It's not up to me to prove it wrong.

Old 09-15-2020, 10:34 PM

Cosmetics etc, means topically (to the skin) applied chemicals and 'natural products' rubbed on the skin of the face, arms, legs, and other parts of the body. The 'etc' is referring to potions which are not sold as cosmetics but are sold as moisturizers, body lotion, and things like that. Clear enough now?

Quote:
Seems to me you read this in a whale.to article or maybe an alt-med website, or heard it from a guy who knows a woman whose babysitter's mom does the hair of a dermatologist's receptionist who read the envelope from a report that passed by her desk.
Yes, thats absolutely correct. Good point and I make no apology. I think you will find that many people on here are not scientists or medical doctors, and many people refer to alternative health wedsites together with 'folk wisdom' (which is what you are referring to when you refer to my babysitters mom). By the way, do you know what her credentials are? - she could be highly qualified and also could have been working in a relevant industry for 30 years before retiring. In other countries age and experience is valued, here after retirement, we just throw it on the scrap heap of humanity.

It has been shown time and time again that pharmaceutical companies and medicine product producers will often pay a scientist to produce a report which gives an outcome to the study in a beneficial way. Beneficial to them and their product because they have paid for the report to be produced. This means there is a report out there which the media, other scientists, and maybe even you can refer to, yet it is not completely accurate in its conclusions or perhaps something which may be detrimental yet important is left out.

Your point about pure shea butter - I suspect that anything placed on your skin will be absorbed by it. Shea butter is not butter which is traditionally made from cows milk, so shea 'butter' is probably highly processed bean/seed oil. It may contain chemicals(left over from the refining process) which cannot be processed by your body and possibly may even be harmful to your body. Shea butter rubbed on your legs each night and morning for years may be too much for your body to keep removing in the normal way it eliminates unwanted substances. It may decide to 'store' it somewhere if it cannot handle the excess possibly due to weakened organs of elimination.

In cosmetics we are often told they contain 'natural products'. Natural products can mean a whole host of substances can be included and still be called 'natural'. People like natural products in their cosmetics. Some natural products may be hormonal in nature or act similar to homones, also they could be natural products but not from humans. A human body may 'see' some of these products from other animals as unnatural and decide to eliminate them through the normal channels and again, if these are weakened, may cause storage instead. Lanolin for example comes from sheep, goose grease is goose fat. Both could probably be described as natural products on a label.

I am not asking anyone to prove anything. It was a theory I was putting forward, I am not a health advisor in any capacity. As I said at the start, this is what I believe and I suspect might be happening, but if you believe differently, then great.

You DO have to prove why this idea/belief is ridiculous though.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:08 AM

23,319 posts, read 18,890,074 times
Quote:
Cosmetics etc, means topically (to the skin) applied chemicals and 'natural products' rubbed on the skin of the face, arms, legs, and other parts of the body. The 'etc' is referring to potions which are not sold as cosmetics but are sold as moisturizers, body lotion, and things like that. Clear enough now?

Yes, thats absolutely correct. Good point and I make no apology. I think you will find that many people on here are not scientists or medical doctors, and many people refer to alternative health wedsites together with 'folk wisdom' (which is what you are referring to when you refer to my babysitters mom). By the way, do you know what her credentials are? - she could be highly qualified and also could have been working in a relevant industry for 30 years before retiring. In other countries age and experience is valued, here after retirement, we just throw it on the scrap heap of humanity.

It has been shown time and time again that pharmaceutical companies and medicine product producers will often pay a scientist to produce a report which gives an outcome to the study in a beneficial way. Beneficial to them and their product because they have paid for the report to be produced. This means there is a report out there which the media, other scientists, and maybe even you can refer to, yet it is not completely accurate in its conclusions or perhaps something which may be detrimental yet important is left out.

Your point about pure shea butter - I suspect that anything placed on your skin will be absorbed by it. Shea butter is not butter which is traditionally made from cows milk, so shea 'butter' is probably highly processed bean/seed oil. It may contain chemicals(left over from the refining process) which cannot be processed by your body and possibly may even be harmful to your body. Shea butter rubbed on your legs each night and morning for years may be too much for your body to keep removing in the normal way it eliminates unwanted substances. It may decide to 'store' it somewhere if it cannot handle the excess possibly due to weakened organs of elimination.

In cosmetics we are often told they contain 'natural products'. Natural products can mean a whole host of substances can be included and still be called 'natural'. People like natural products in their cosmetics. Some natural products may be hormonal in nature or act similar to homones, also they could be natural products but not from humans. A human body may 'see' some of these products from other animals as unnatural and decide to eliminate them through the normal channels and again, if these are weakened, may cause storage instead. Lanolin for example comes from sheep, goose grease is goose fat. Both could probably be described as natural products on a label.

I am not asking anyone to prove anything. It was a theory I was putting forward, I am not a health advisor in any capacity. As I said at the start, this is what I believe and I suspect might be happening, but if you believe differently, then great.

You DO have to prove why this idea/belief is ridiculous though.
I'd suspect what leans toward the ridiculous in your "theory" is the lengths to which you are following your favored train of thought. Why are you choosing to focus on breast cysts instead of other signs of alien hormone influence? That in itself smacks of a preconception, an agenda that you've already front-loaded. You want to concoct an explanation for breast cysts and are using women's use of cosmetics and the dastardly cosmetic industry to do so. The chain of missing dots between the two is huge. Breast cysts in themselves are not dangerous, they're an annoyance. The sheer amount of cosmetic material probably required to cause formation of cysts is probably much higher than actual amount most women ever use. Women who don't use cosmetics get breast cysts. They are extremely common. Consider the classic medical adage "when you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras." Still, you are free to believe what you want. Won't make it any more or less true.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:

OK, lets start with this

The beginning of your statement certainly did say, everything you put on your skin goes into your body and to be honest that is a bit over the top in my opinion.

Yes, patches and some other skin applied treatments are geared to enter the body; things like make up is just a light cover not meant to penetrate the skin. This has nothing to do with what causes cysts, or any other thing. The worst that can happen from putting lotions and make up on your skin is the build up if you do not remove it each day.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The beginning of your statement certainly did say, everything you put on your skin goes into your body and to be honest that is a bit over the top in my opinion.

Yes, patches and some other skin applied treatments are geared to enter the body; things like make up is just a light cover not meant to penetrate the skin. This has nothing to do with what causes cysts, or any other thing. The worst that can happen from putting lotions and make up on your skin is the build up if you do not remove it each day.
So, have you never had a reaction to something which got on your skin? You think the redness, swelling, itching or pain is only surface deep? How do you think the body knows something 'foreign' has come into contact with its skin? Because that foreign substance got into the body and caused a reaction which caused the defence system to kick into action.

You see, you believe because you want to think it is alright to continue putting this stuff on your skin.

Of course, my theory might be completely wrong and you may be correct, but it probably IS true that most of what we put on our skin the body knows about and reacts to, if it is harmful to our system. Think of allergy tests, think of poison ivy, stinging nettle, etc. Yes, these things I have just mentioned pierce our skin, but lotions, cosmetics, etc actually advertise, they actually say it themselves, it penetrates deep down to where the wrinkles start...and the blood vessels flow.

My agenda is that my daughter has just had a medical and they discovered she has breast cysts. Many women have these, so I thought it was probably a topic worth exploring and what causes them does not get enough attention.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:34 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
The world is icky.....your food and water is not pure, never has been.

Ditto that for the environment and also what gets on your skin. The amount of chemicals in the cosmetics you you put on your skin is tiny........normal use will cause negligible impact on your health.

Old 09-17-2020, 07:44 AM

9,871 posts, read 7,747,075 times
Well, I'm not going to go as far as to say cosmetics cause cysts, but I'll share what happened to me.

I used to get hives every day for years. I would use ice or rubbing alcohol to relieve the itch. I went to a new doctor and he came in to talk to me about my alcoholism and how much I drank. I didn't drink. It was the rubbing alcohol on the skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness