Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 01:11 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,068,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I had Pfizer, but got the moderna booster. With Pfizer only a sore arm for a few days. With booster sore arm and felt run down and took a nap the next day. By nightfall felt fine.
I also did the Pfizer for doses 1 and 2, then Moderna for the booster.

With Pfizer dose 1 aside from a sore arm for about a day;

No issues at all with Pfizer dose 2;

About two hours after the Moderna booster I fell asleep and I slept for 28 of next 40 hours. And I was a bit groggy/fuzzy when I was not asleep. During the waking hours of that time, my arm was kind of dead weight, taking a lot of effort to lift higher than my shoulder. But no other issues.

After that 40-hour period, back to normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2021, 01:32 PM

9,383 posts, read 8,354,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Just had a Moderna booster late this afternoon and am waiting for potential side effects to kick in. Not much so far. A little soreness in the injection arm is all.

Did you get side effects from your booster? How long did they take to come on?
I had zero from my Moderna shots (2). Slightly sore arm, big whoop.

Got the Pfizer booster and again, zero side effects. Barely even a sore arm for a half day.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:15 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,116,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
So glad to hear you're better.

I've been keeping an eye on Floorist's posts because my friend had the same issue, they kept giving him iron infusions but he didn't make it.
That is what scares me. I have had 3 iron infusions and my doctor says he doesn't know if my level will stay up long term or not. It has already dropped some. He has at least two more patients with the same issue.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:24 PM

9,852 posts, read 7,722,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That is what scares me. I have had 3 iron infusions and my doctor says he doesn't know if my level will stay up long term or not. It has already dropped some. He has at least two more patients with the same issue.
Oh my, two more. Keep us updated.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:33 PM

5,665 posts, read 2,607,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
There is no way to know if getting covid would have been worse, since it effects different people very differently. Some get minimal symptoms or none at all. Some get very sick, it all depends. But you can't assume covid is always worse than the vaccine.
Quote:
I am very pro-vaccine, but I was actually wondering about this. A lot of my friends have told me that my side effects were good news since they suggest I have a very strong immune system. But, if I have such a strong immune system, maybe I could have just relied on it to deal with the Covid? With my immune response, I must actually be at very low risk of severe Covid, no?
My friend had covid. She is double vaxed. She only got tested because her coworkers tested positive. Otherwise, she thought she had the change of season runny nose. So in that situation covid was actually better than the effects Jill felt from the vaccine. But don't feel bad Jill, I got very bad reactions from both my shots and had to stay home for 4-5 days after.

Old 12-06-2021, 04:11 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,116,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Oh my, two more. Keep us updated.
There are at least 200,000 reports of it on VAERS. Too many to be a coincidence.

Old 12-06-2021, 04:35 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,418,723 times
Quote:
I am very pro-vaccine, but I was actually wondering about this. A lot of my friends have told me that my side effects were good news since they suggest I have a very strong immune system. But, if I have such a strong immune system, maybe I could have just relied on it to deal with the Covid? With my immune response, I must actually be at very low risk of severe Covid, no?
I heard that a lot -- bad side effects means the vaccine is working. But what if you had no side effects? That means the vaccine didn't work.

I think they were just saying it, and I doubt there is evidence one way or the other.

Old 12-06-2021, 09:29 PM

207 posts, read 118,932 times
Quote:
It’s definitely just side effects and not an allergic reaction.

Today, I am somewhat functional again, but still feeling sick with a low grade fever (only 99). So now that makes 34 hours of side effects.

I attended a couple of hours of an all day retreat this morning and heard from a friend that she had gotten her booster the same day I did and had no side effects. However, her daughter had her booster last week and wound up sick in bed for 3 days. Crazy how it varies so much.
Edited because the quote made it look like you were questioning me but I think you were talking about your own reaction.

Last edited by Irishgirlyc58; 12-06-2021 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Correction

Old 12-06-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51squirrel33 View Post
my simple curiosity is: did anyone of you actually reported your side effects to those that may register them, although these days side effects are being silenced anyway
Understanding that it is federal felony to say anything about vaxxs that gov doesn't want to hear, it tickles me how long this tread will be on here
(wishing all covid free life and the best health!)
Yes. I reported my reaction to the booster on VAERs and they called me for additional information a few days later. No one is silencing the effects people are having. They are gathering information because this informs health officials for future reference.
We have made significant progress in fighting this virus and we are all fortunate to live in the day and age that we do.

Old 12-06-2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't know what I'm allergic to. Various meds, med fillers, vaccines. Thought I found an allergist to test me for the ingredient in the J&J but they don't test things like that. Hopefully yours does. Every time I turn around I have a new allergy
My allergist appointment is in January. I’ll keep you updated on if they actually test me for any allergies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness