Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 PM

51 posts, read 186,877 times

Advertisements

Thanks Simms I will have to try the potassium as I can barely walk tonight - my good leg is almost immovable and I have been heating it all night - may be putting more weight on my bad leg just to go anywhere... can't believe it is so bad tonight - cramping from the back of the calf right up behind my knee through my thigh.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:35 AM

189 posts, read 795,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyes42 View Post
Hi all, Went to the os today and was released set free no more visits, no more xrays. I also walked up stairs normal last night for the first time.

Nanny congrats on the shoe, that is great !!!!

greenyes42,

Congratulations!! That is sooooo exciting!! I am very happy for you, you are getting your normal life back!

Goodluck,

Nanny

Old 04-30-2009, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek411 View Post
Greeneyez - that is great news!!!

I had a treat today - I had Merry Maids come in to do a spring cleaning, washed all my floors, cleaned my kitchen and all my bathrooms. As much as people around here try (with coaxing from me) things just have not been getting done to the same standard... don't think my floors had been washed in 8 weeks and the vaccuuming was usually a path down the middle of the floor, never into the corners or behind the furniture. Nice to be sitting in a (relatively) clean house - clean but still cluttered with pillows, books, laundry folded and ready to be moved...

Kek,

I sure hope your good leg feels better soon! That was nice to have Merry Maids come in, I'm sure it really made you feel good to get all that done. It is hard when you are sitting in your chair/couch and see all the cleaning that needs to be done and you just can't do it yet. The weather here in IN has been pretty nice and I have been able to open up the windows and do some spring cleaning, I have to pace myself and rest my leg, but it feels good to be able to get things done. Again, I hope your leg is feeling better soon!

Nanny

Old 04-30-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms View Post
Nanny,

I am marrying the love of my life on June 7. If it were not for Pam I do not know how I would have done with this injury. Pam quit her jobs and took care of me full time in the beginning and she has been there for me through everything. She is a very special girl.

That quote from Emerson is perfect!!!

Mike

Simms,

I am very happy for you with your upcoming wedding, that is so great that Pam has been there for you, I know how much it means going through something so difficult.

Glad you liked the quote!

Nanny

Old 05-01-2009, 04:48 AM

139 posts, read 588,223 times
Hello-o everyone. Had my surgery yesterday morning to remove the hardware 15 weeks from time they put it in. When I came to in recovery room my ankle felt so much better. Dr just aced bandage it, after Sunday am able to put 20% weight back on it. So glad for everyone making milestones. I am looking forward to being able to progress after staples are removed. They gave me all hardware that was in my ankle it was a dk gray color not as heavy as I thought for all the misery it put me through. Good luck everyone and continue everyone to make progress. Bev

Old 05-01-2009, 06:22 AM

69 posts, read 334,354 times
Hi to everyone thank you all so much for the congrats, I was so excited not to have to walk with the cane that over did and paid for it. I am using it today, think I may just carry it with me to have it just incase I get tired.

Bhosler877 congrats on getting out you hardware have to decided what you are going to do with it yet ????

Old 05-01-2009, 04:27 PM

68 posts, read 291,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyes42 View Post
Hi to everyone thank you all so much for the congrats, I was so excited not to have to walk with the cane that over did and paid for it. I am using it today, think I may just carry it with me to have it just incase I get tired.

Bhosler877 congrats on getting out you hardware have to decided what you are going to do with it yet ????
Hey greeyes42,
I also am just carrying my cane. It is a great security even if you don't use it.

Bhosler877'
Seems pretty early to take out the hardware. i am 17 weeks post op and the doc says i am still growing new bone. my hardware also bothers me. I wish i could do away with it. How is your healing going?
CONGRATS!!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 06:27 PM

139 posts, read 588,223 times
joyklou I didnot have a choice in getting the hardware out. My body was rejecting it. The ankle was so swollen, hot, full of fluid and making me miserable for almost 5 weeks now and I kept having this strangulation feeling. Doc would have liked to have kept it in another 5 months but ankle kept getting worse and I was just so miserable. So glad it is out I feel so much better and the ankle so far is doing so good.

greenyes even though I was in misery with ankle I always had my cane with me just for security even though I was walking on my ankle 99% of the time.

Right now I can only toe tap with using walker. Just too wobbly with the crutches on one leg so the walker gives me the best stability. Once Sunday I take the bandage off to wash area doc says I can try to bear 20% on even though I will not be getting the staples out til 5/12. I only right now have discomfort around area where staples are but what a relief. I am going to make a collage with pictures in picture frame and put hardware right in middle. Getting the hardware out has not set me back as much as I thought it would. Take care everyone and everyone keep progressing. We all have come a long long way. Bev

Old 05-02-2009, 08:57 AM

175 posts, read 741,553 times
Green - congrats on being FREE!! Are you even going to know what to do with yourself without doctor visits and physical therapy? LOL

Bhosler - I didn't ask for my hardware upfront and they tossed it on me. I was disappointed! So of course, you need to take pics of yours and post them so I can see! LOL Congrats on getting it out - and that it's already feeling better. I had my surgery to remove just half of my hardware last week, and the difference is amazing. I'm now fully weight bearing as well, in an aircast. I was initially told 6 weeks no weight, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Kek - sounds like things are going well for you, too! I pulled a muscle in my butt doing the elliptical machine (before I had the surgery) and I had to laugh about it. Drink milk, eat bananas, and remember how long it's been since we have pushed ourselves. I hope you get to go to work soon!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:05 AM

Hi everyone,

It is sooo good to know that everyone is doing so well, keep up the great work!!

I went to my OS Thurs. and got the ok to start walking in a regular shoe (as tolerated)!! yea! So I am going back and forth from the boot and a shoe. My PT was a little more challenging Fri. am, but that is ok, little more pain and swelling afterwards, but was told that may be expected but should improve. It is nice to have the freedom, but I still feel limited in what i can/can't do and I am realizing first hand the challenges that others have posted when given the ok to walk in a reg. shoe. But I know I have to just keep plugging along and it WILL get better, it just has to!

Goodluck to everyone, you are all in my prayers,

Nanny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness